Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Seller returned closing docs: 1/11
Closing: 1/12
Deed recorded: 1/12
Points in my account: Waiting patiently :)

Home: VGF
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/12
Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Seller returned closing docs: 1/11
Closing: 1/12
Deed recorded: 1/12
Points in my account: Waiting patiently :)

So happy for you!!!

I just received an email from my title company that they received the sellers closing docs this morning. Could it be that I was just dealing with the most non-motivated seller all along? Here is hoping for a fast close and points in my account! Thanks for hanging in there with me everybody! The support carried me through the tormenting wait!!

Congrats! I am glad it finally came together for you.

Updated since we received our closing docs on Friday. Took a little longer that I would have liked. Also a little annoyed with the title/escrow agent and her lack of response to VM. Hopefully though its all smooth sailing from here on out.

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 12/11
Offer accepted: 12/12
Sent to ROFR: 12/13
Passed ROFR: 12/27
Closing docs received: 1/12
Closing docs returned: 1/15 (dropped in FedEx on 1/14 for pick up on Monday)
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

Finally have an update! Hopefully the seller returns their docs quickly and the deed can get recorded quickly. I need these points are added to my account ASAP so I can book our December 2018 trip! The 11 month window has already opened and waiting is giving me anxiety!

Home: BLT
Offer made: 12/4/17
Offer accepted: 12/4/17
Sent to ROFR: 12/6/17
Passed ROFR: 12/22/17
Closing docs received: 1/16/18
Closing docs returned: 1/17/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Finally have an update! Hopefully the seller returns their docs quickly and the deed can get recorded quickly. I need these points are added to my account ASAP so I can book our December 2018 trip! The 11 month window has already opened and waiting is giving me anxiety!

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

We are also using Magic Vacation Title, and you passed ROFR 2 days before us, so here's hoping that our closing docs will be coming soon too! Not because we have any urgency, but I just want to be done and have the points in my account!

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

DH and I are totally feeling the anxiety!!!! We have to use our new points (once we close) before October and we’d like to use them to extend our July trip! The resort choices are dwindling quickly!!! We’re on Day 12 since ROFR passing, same title. I hope it goes quickly, but doesn’t seem like this is a quick process!!! :snail:

We are also using Magic Vacation Title, and you passed ROFR 2 days before us, so here's hoping that our closing docs will be coming soon too! Not because we have any urgency, but I just want to be done and have the points in my account!

Recently I followed up on mine and found out that my purchase had already gotten the estoppel (not sure when they got it, they didn't notify me, were waiting on a from from the seller (I think thats been done now)), and now waiting for closing docs. You might want to check in.

Recently I followed up on mine and found out that my purchase had already gotten the estoppel (not sure when they got it, they didn't notify me, were waiting on a from from the seller (I think thats been done now)), and now waiting for closing docs. You might want to check in.

Thanks, I will check in!

What were they waiting on from the seller? And are you using Magic Vacation Title too?

I can't imagine estoppel can take that long - the contract I'm buying was actually foreclosed and I'm buying it from the mortgage lender. So they should know exactly what they're selling!

Thanks, I will check in!

What were they waiting on from the seller? And are you using Magic Vacation Title too?

I can't imagine estoppel can take that long - the contract I'm buying was actually foreclosed and I'm buying it from the mortgage lender. So they should know exactly what they're selling!

Yes, I'm working with *** as well. They were just missing the seller's escrow auth form, and needed that before they can create the closing docs.

Good luck!

Yeah I figured yours would have been done super fast! The lender probably wants to get that off their books quickly.

Offer made: 1/2
Offer accepted: 1/2
Sent to ROFR: 1/8
Passed ROFR: 1/16
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

Update if you guys were interested!

Home: SSR
Offer made: 11/23
Offer accepted: 11/23 but paperwork sent 11/27 (due to holidays)
Sent to ROFR: 12/1
Passed ROFR: 12/13
Closing docs received: 12/22
Closing docs returned: 12/26 (didn't get to sending it out until after Christmas, funds received 12/29)
Closing: 01/04
Deed Recorded: 01/05
Points in my account: 01/18 (Supposedly we were already in the system as of 01/11)

All in all I thought the process went pretty smoothly. If it wasn't for the holidays in between I think we would've closed faster. I was a bit worried about the re-sale company we were using and the title company, but they were actually pretty good to work with. We also received a 30 dollar refund cheque. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I'm back with another purchase! This time for a WDW DVC (we have two contracts at VGC):

Offer made: 1/17
Offer accepted: 1/17
Sent to ROFR: 1/18
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

I'll update as the info comes in. Both my VGC add-on resale purchase last January and this purchase are a direct result of falling in love with RunDisney half marathons. I'm seriously addicted :)

Offer made: 12/7
Offer accepted: 12/7
Sent to ROFR: 12/11
Passed ROFR: 12/24 (!Sunday!)
Closing docs received:1/19
Closing docs returned:1/22
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Just got closing docs - too late to go to the bank to get the certified check. Happy weekend to me!!

(argh, just noticed an error in the deed. phooey)

Last edited:
Offer made: 12/7
Offer accepted: 12/7
Sent to ROFR: 12/11
Passed ROFR: 12/24 (!Sunday!)
Closing docs received:1/19
Closing docs returned:1/22
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Just got closing docs - too late to go to the bank to get the certified check. Happy weekend to me!!

(argh, just noticed an error in the deed. phooey)

Oh no what was the mistake?

Oh no what was the mistake?
They didn't say "tenants in the entirety," and they did say "husband and wife," which I'd prefer not to have, and in any event mixed up the order so my husband is the wife and I'm the husband.

The tenants in the entirety thing is sorta important.

They didn't say "tenants in the entirety," and they did say "husband and wife," which I'd prefer not to have, and in any event mixed up the order so my husband is the wife and I'm the husband.

The tenants in the entirety thing is sorta important.
Yeah, that might be worth sorting out. I didn't even notice a husband/wife term in our contract, but the other thread certainly has brought up some interesting thoughts on that in contracts like these.

At least you aren't in a hurry to make a reservation. We were 4 days past our 11 month window when we finally got points and I was sweating each time I logged in and saw less and less availability.

Yeah, that might be worth sorting out. I didn't even notice a husband/wife term in our contract, but the other thread certainly has brought up some interesting thoughts on that in contracts like these.

At least you aren't in a hurry to make a reservation. We were 4 days past our 11 month window when we finally got points and I was sweating each time I logged in and saw less and less availability.

Ha! yes, those terms are rather important to me....

Our BLT contract was like that - by the time points were in our account (9 months out), we didn't even have full availability in a LV studio, let alone a standard studio or 1BR. Through use of the wait list and lots of stalking, we were able to book our week in a LV studio, then switch to a BW 1br p/g (at 7 mo) and then back to a 1BR std at BLT, finishing about 4.5 months out. A nail biter for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter