Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

@shushh..... organising a trip for 18 people !?!? :worship:
Lol...I'm not sure how this happens so frequently but its not always necessarily by choice!

Which year??? :hyper:
Anytime after our self-imposed confinement?!! Assuming we stick to it...

Hello all.

We went to Disneyland in 2011 and are traveling to Florida in December this year. Planning a few days at Universal, a few days at OKW, a Disney cruise then just over a week at the poly before flying home to get the kids back to school in late January.

Been reading up on everything I can to make a great stay happen. We're renting DVC to make it affordable to stay on site in deluxe. Here's hoping the exchange rate improves lol. Back in 2011 we got about US$1.10 for every AUD so it was cheaper at Disneyland then at Movieworld for food etc.

Cheers

Bashara
Welcome! We'll be there in December too and likely be at OKW for a few days. If you see a large group of Australians it might very well be us!

Hi!!!
Just got a new job...first though "Ohh we can go to Disney again soon" lol I have issues! Undecided if we want to return 'home' aka wdw or venture out and see some other lands...
Congrats! I'm with PIO...isn't that why we work!?! So we can fund Disney...

How exciting! That is my dream trip!

Also, exciting about Cuba. I hope political issues with the US don't affect you in anyway.

I was so very close to booking a Cuban cruise for Jan 2019, but ended up selecting a less interesting Caribbean itinerary in favour of a preferred ship. I am now half expecting a lot of US based cruiselines to change their Cuban itineraries over upcoming months to a different country.

It makes me so very sad. Cuba looks so beautiful, but also in serious need of the tourist dollar.

PIO, I keep thinking I need to visit Melbourne for the light show they have there. Maybe next year.
We've thought about Africa and now the children are older, we bit the bullet and made our deposit. We considered surprising the children but we couldn't control ourselves!

Cuba is high on my parents bucket list, my brother's and it is top of DH's so it was one of the driving reasons for the trip (and why we have so many going to WDW!). I too hope that the political issues with the US don't affect us. But it looks like it is ok for other non-US foreign nationals. We are not entering via the US which cut out a lot of the uncertainty. It also means we now conveniently have a short stop at the Grand Cayman's...

We too were close to booking a Cuban cruise but in the end decided to go the whole hog and experience the real thing with a 13 day land based trip. Because of large numbers we managed to organise a private tour with Peregrine for just a little more than an intrepid group tour.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out. It seems like just recently so much advancement was made with regard to increased flights, increased cruise itineraries etc. it will be a shame to see things go back to the way it was before.

@shushh Party at your house!!!

:rolleyes1
Party's on! I'll block out my calendar!

I too hope that the political issues with the US don't affect us. But it looks like it is ok for other non-US foreign nationals. We are not entering via the US which cut out a lot of the uncertainty. It also means we now conveniently have a short stop at the Grand Cayman's...

We too were close to booking a Cuban cruise but in the end decided to go the whole hog and experience the real thing with a 13 day land based trip. Because of large numbers we managed to organise a private tour with Peregrine for just a little more than an intrepid group tour.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out. It seems like just recently so much advancement was made with regard to increased flights, increased cruise itineraries etc. it will be a shame to see things go back to the way it was before.

Awesome! It sounds like you made a lot of great decisions booking this trip (from flying from a non-US city, to doing a private tour) so it is unlikely you will be affected by US relations.

13 days will be amazing - definitely enough to get a real taste of the country. We have a 13 day tour of Costa Rica booked for Xmas next year and I feel happy to have the 2 weeks to pay the country justice.

I will be keen to hear all about your experience, including how you found Peregrine, when you get back.

#1 is Japan
#2 is Spain

Kids grow up so fast! I'm contemplating sneaking a trip in; but it can't be Japan because DS is adamant I'm not going to go to Japan Disney without him.
I owe @Aussie Wendy a visit and am wondering where/how to fit that in this year.

(BTW - I think I'm thinking of heading to Vivid in 2018.)

As an aside I need to learn how to multi-quote - I used to know how??? Better come and visit before my Alzheimer's gets the better of me PIO.
You are always welcome you know and it's just a short flight - we do airport pick-ups - or it's a nice road trip (even if it means being on the road during school hols).

Hmm Vivid Sydney next June ... it is very good ... squeeze in a weekend before heading off to Scandinavia later that month to catch up with DD??? we don't get the June public hol any more (now in Oct) but I have already said I am not taking on any work contracts next year with deadlines that end June/July so I *should* be as free as a bird (penniless but free). Yeah sure..... consider it * in the diary!! I think a Dis party at Shushh's sounds great... Very envious of the amazing African trip Shushh. A shorter version is on my bucket list but yours sounds really brilliant.

...and congrats on the new job Snickals.

I am lurking after a very very long time away. Seems very very quiet around here on the Aussie board. Where has everyone gone?

I am planning a new trip. DS graduation trip later in the year. Heading to WDW. So excited. Looking at my signature, it's been 7 years since I last went to WDW. Long overdue return!

Welcome back. Hope you've been well!

Graduation already? Wow! Time flies. Enjoy the planning. How long are you there for this time?

Welcome back. Hope you've been well!

Graduation already? Wow! Time flies. Enjoy the planning. How long are you there for this time?
About 2.5/3 weeks. Not exactly sure yet. Will depend on flights and prices.
Yes, I can't believe school is coming to an end. So sad.
How have you been? How is your family? (DH & DS)

About 2.5/3 weeks. Not exactly sure yet. Will depend on flights and prices.
Yes, I can't believe school is coming to an end. So sad.
How have you been? How is your family? (DH & DS)

The next phase of your DS' life is about to start.

I've been well. A bunch of the Melbourne crew and Aussie Wendy went to Shanghai and Hong Kong together. There are 3 TRs in the works......in the Other Lands section.....:rolleyes1

Family is doing well. DS is in year 11.....so I'm not far behind you where school is concerned. 5 more school fees to go!

As an aside I need to learn how to multi-quote - I used to know how???

Left click on the curser and keep holding down to highlight the text you want to quote. Once you have selected the text or passage, there should be an option appear on screen to either + Quote or Reply. Click on the + Quote.

Continue to select the text or passages you want and continue to click on the + Quote.

When you are ready to reply, head to the standard response window. There should be an option on the bottom left side for you to insert quotes. When you click on that option, a pop-up box will appear with all your quotes. Select the Quote these Messages option and they will populate in that response window.

Left click on the curser and keep holding down to highlight the text you want to quote. Once you have selected the text or passage, there should be an option appear on screen to either + Quote or Reply. Click on the + Quote.

Continue to select the text or passages you want and continue to click on the + Quote.

Thanks for the tech lesson!

So free accounts in Photobucket no longer allow image linking and they want you to subscribe for $400/year to do so. Well they can take a running jump - seriously at that price especially given its not that great a site but sorry guys, it means all my pics posted in TR here will now be gone forever. Pity we can't link FB pics to the Disboards and have to use an intermediary. This link talks about options. Flickr is still there - for the moment but who knows for how long? https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/02/photobucket-alternatives-for-third-party/ I guess it was just a matter of time...

Wow that's terrible! Hopefully they won't all follow suit. $400 per year is crazy - who is seriously going to pay that? I reckon everyone will abandon them and they'll have to either go back to making it free or perhaps just charge a nominal amount for it. And you're right, being able to link straight from Facebook would be ideal!

It's going to create a bit of havoc here with all the TRs that will be affected!

I'm just catching up on the changing internet world this morning.

Yup. That's absolutely crazy for Photobucket to do that. Seems like there is world-wide condemnation for this move and a lot of blogs/threads in multiple 3rd party sites are impacted. Guess that means the end of TRs for me.
*sigh*

ETA. I just double checked the plan I'm paying for on PB. Looks like I'm allowed to link my pictures. I'm just not allowed to use them for 3rd party hosting.
Still......I think I may be on the hunt for an alternative system. I don't like companies that spring changes like this without notice.

Last edited:
I read about Photobucket changing its policy in the news, but didn't think that it would effect TR - $400 is ridiculous - Boo!!!!

I read about Photobucket changing its policy in the news, but didn't think that it would effect TR - $400 is ridiculous - Boo!!!!

Thankfully, I'm on the 100 GB for $100 plan; which allows me to link pictures; but not to do the 3rd party site thing. It's also where I tend to have a back-up for my pictures; so there's a bit of off-site storage and history there for me.

But yes. $400 is extortion. I was investigating other options.....but have come to the conclusion that most of the others are likely to follow suit. At least, that's what conventional wisdom (aka the internet) thinks right now.

Well @PrincessInOz, I'm grateful that we'll still get to enjoy your photos. The photos from your Shanghai and Hong Kong TR are beautiful. Its such a shame for the other people who just want to share their amazing experiences (and inspire the rest of us to add to our bucket list).

@AussieWendy, I have always enjoyed your TRs and it is sad to see your photos not there - but please don't stop writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!