Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

Also hope all of you in lockdown are staying sane. I hate to divulge that we about to go away for a mini 5 day holiday up the coast to Hervey Bay and over to Lady Elliot Island. Been holding our breath all week in case the new cluster caused a major outbreak and Greater Brisbane was put on lockdown but seems to be OK with just 1 or less a day close contacts only. We hadn't been to any of the many listed locations which were mostly on the southside and western suburbs. In fact, we haven't been going anywhere much except for local walks or to the supermarket or butcher. Unfortunately the weather forecast for the island is cloudy and cold over the weekend - while Brissie is forecasted hot sunny conditions - yet they are only 3 hours apart. No internet, mobile phones or TV so packing puzzle books and novels! and polo-fleece as well as snorkel and mask and togs (they provide short wetsuits). Will report back on how it went next week. Hang in there Victorians - you have the support of the rest of us in Aus.

Well. It's no good, it's not bad. We just don't know the full picture yet.

Lockdown to remain for a further 2 weeks.
*sigh*

Also hope all of you in lockdown are staying sane. I hate to divulge that we about to go away for a mini 5 day holiday up the coast to Hervey Bay and over to Lady Elliot Island. Been holding our breath all week in case the new cluster caused a major outbreak and Greater Brisbane was put on lockdown but seems to be OK with just 1 or less a day close contacts only. We hadn't been to any of the many listed locations which were mostly on the southside and western suburbs. In fact, we haven't been going anywhere much except for local walks or to the supermarket or butcher. Unfortunately the weather forecast for the island is cloudy and cold over the weekend - while Brissie is forecasted hot sunny conditions - yet they are only 3 hours apart. No internet, mobile phones or TV so packing puzzle books and novels! and polo-fleece as well as snorkel and mask and togs (they provide short wetsuits). Will report back on how it went next week. Hang in there Victorians - you have the support of the rest of us in Aus.

Sounds like an amazing trp!

It was an amazing time. I can strongly recommend it - probs bore you with some pics at some point. Hearing underwater whale song, almost colliding with a huge octopus, lots of coloured coral and fish, some turtle encounters (but less than I was hoping for), and cute fuzzy baby birds are the highlights. Not being fit enough (get some swimming and/or snorkelling practice in first) was the downside - I felt every minute of that age I was celebrating after two hours snorkelling in a current and battling to get back to shore! Was very sorry you are having to bear another two weeks in lockdown down south. Hang in there and thank you for doing it for the rest of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!