Comfort Inn & Suites in San Diego

Pooh667

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the
Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/Sea World Area
2485 Hotel Circle Pl. , San Diego

I like that they have bunk beds for the kids. I would appreciate any opinions.

Thank you.

Haven't stayed there myself, but www.tripadvisor.com has poor reviews for the hotel as well as orbitz. It is rated 106th out of 234 of hotels in San Diego. Granted...you can't always rely on others opinions! So, I would go by your instincts!

I was doing research for San Diego too, and although Comfort Suites sounds like a great deal, the reviews on Trip Advisor turned me off. I'm planning on staying at the Residence Inn Mission Valley/Seaworld which is on Hotel Circle. They get really good reviews on Trip Advisor, but it's a little more pricey. They have two-bedroom kidsuites with a full kitchen, free hot breakfast buffet, and complementary manager's reception.

Agree with the above post! We did all the research last spring and stayed at the residence inn too. We were not disappointed and loved it. I thought the comfort inn pics looked so cute and had booked there too until I read all the bad reviews. Stick with the residence inn, it is good even if a bit more and they do have kids suites too with bunkbeds.

We're staying in the Comfort Inn at Sea World/Zoo area in June when my husband is running in the San Diego Marathon. I'm sure there are other hotels, but we wanted to be close for the marathon and we have points for Comforts. We're getting one of those rooms with the bunks for kids.

Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies. I looked at the Residence Inn and it loks good except that it accepts pets. DH and DS are very allergic to cats and I am allergic to dogs. I just don't know how well they clean in between customers. I called the hotel asking if they had any rooms that were pet free and was told no but they try to keep the pets on the 1st floor so if I requested a higher room we may be ok. I have to think on this.

Thanks again.

We stayed at this place back in '98, and it served us well. I had relatives out here & there were a total of 6 of us in kind of a mini suite.

we stayed there back in October 2003 with our two sons who were 2 and 8 months old at the time. It was great! No complaints!!! We would gladly stay there again!

We stayed there last Oct for 5 or 6 nights and thought it was great for the price. The breakfast was good and our kids loved the bunkbed room. The room was really large. Location was great. We were minutes away from Old Town, Seaworld and San Diego Zoo. The laundy room was located near the pool and the staff was very accomodating. My sister had issues with her room and they upgraded her to a bigger room w/o charging her more. The negatives were that the walls are thin and you can definitely hear any noise in the hall. We're heavy sleepers so this wasn't an issue for us. We did encounter lines at the front desk (one time 5 people deep, another time with 7 people deep) with only 1 staff at the front desk. Would we stay here again? Definitely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter