Comfort stations in the fort

KDMAC6

Earning My Ears
Thinking of buying a good size tent to go camping with my family. Would love to make the fort a stopping place as we often stay at the Allstar resort when we come down. How are the comfort stations?
That will be a big help in talking my wife into camping while down there. I want her to be excited but want to make sure she's comfortable.

Comfort stations are nice and clean, and a/c. From what my DW tells me the lady’s room can get a bit crowded in the mornings, but has never waited longer than 5 minutes for one of the showers to open up. There is also laundry at the CS, 3.00 per load to wash, and same with drying. There is a vending machine also that sells off brand laundry supplies, 1.00 each.

The comfort stations at Fort Wilderness are very nice...the nicest I've seen. I have a motorhome (class C) but choose to shower at the comfort stations when I'm at Disney because they are so comfortable and clean.

We have a small class A with a wetbath that we generally don't use. The Fort comfort stations are among the best anywhere. We use them rather than the wetbath since we can all (family of 5) go at once. With the few exceptions of someone once toilet papering a bathroom (cleaned up just after I reported it) or accidentally leaving shower supplies, the bathrooms are always clean and we've rarely found them crowded.

I know how Disney keeps everything clean. That's what i was hoping to hear. You never know with campsites how they are taken care of. Trying to do something different next time we come down.We have been around 25 times in the past 20 years or so. We usually stay at the on property resorts and that's ok but i'm looking for a new adventure.

We have a class A so tend to use our own Facilities. On those times CS was more convenient always found them to be very clean. Too bad I lost the pic I took of the CS in 2000 loop several years ago when I did a recon over there for a friend whose husband wanted to tent camp in Ft W rather than stay in a hotel. She had major reservations till I sent her them

Very nice I’m going to show her these pictures. I hope she’ll come around to this adventure. If not it will be just be my 2 boys and i

We were at Fort Wilderness from July 13-23, first time for DS and family, DS came back from comfort station and told me, "Wow! Cleanest bathrooms I've ever saw at a campground!" I just told him, "I know" now you know why we stay here. :cool2:

And just to add KDMAC6.........:welcome: to the camping board!

Unless Disney has changed the cleaning company since Feb 2017 I cant say they are "clean" anymore. Our last trip we were in 1700 loop and used the shared 1700/1900 CS. It was nasty and had not been cleaned in quite a while. I am not sure what the contractors did in the middle of the night but the CS was worse than a lot of state park units. The showers werent cleaned (there were items left on the floor that were there for an entire week) and the toilets were no better. We complained twice at the front desk and included pictures but nothing was really done about it.
I hope it has improved since then, Disney defintely wasnt getting what they were paying for with this contractor.

Unless Disney has changed the cleaning company since Feb 2017 I cant say they are "clean" anymore. Our last trip we were in 1700 loop and used the shared 1700/1900 CS. It was nasty and had not been cleaned in quite a while. I am not sure what the contractors did in the middle of the night but the CS was worse than a lot of state park units. The showers werent cleaned (there were items left on the floor that were there for an entire week) and the toilets were no better. We complained twice at the front desk and included pictures but nothing was really done about it.
I hope it has improved since then, Disney defintely wasnt getting what they were paying for with this contractor.

I have to agree. When we first stayed at the Fort, I was amazed at how clean the CS were. I can remember going in and seeing a little tp on the floor, come back a little while later and it would be gone. Seemed like I would constantly see a CM cleaning. Cant say that I've seen the same attention to detail over the last couple of visits. Dont get me wrong, still very clean but not at the same level as when we started staying at the Fort.

Steve

We were there in Oct. 2017 and May 2018, loops 1900 and 1800. The CS facilities were extremely clean and well kept.

The comfort stations are unfortunately so nice, that they put other campgrounds to shame, even some 'luxury' camping resorts! LOL!!! I told my husband that our biggest mistake was going to the Fort first when we began our road adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter