Comfortable sandal for teen girl for our August trip?

FourLeafClover

Earning My Ears
So the whole family is breaking in new comfy sandals.

Then there is the 13 yr old. I have ordered her several cute styles, but they either haven't fit or she didn't like them, including Keen Bali Strap, Teva Kayenta...

She will not wear flip flops or anything between the toes.

Any suggestions that I might try. We will be there in August for 5 days of park touring and she'll need a good waterproof sandal.

TY!

Have you tried Birkenstocks? There have some really cute styles now. You want to make sure you have plenty of time to break them in though as they will really hurt the first few times if you're not used to the support.

How's about you let here shop for them herself then you don't have to worry about it? That's what I do for mycrew. I just provide the debit card.

If it's something comfy and good for extended walking chances are she's going to hate the style.

I manage a shoe store and told my dd she can have Merrells. I didn't care what style she chose but she was getting Merrells.

She picked one of the strappier "cool" :rolleyes2 styles of sports sandals they have.

My rule is "you have a say when you pay".

I visited WDW in August the past three years and found that wearing tennis shoes was just more comfortable than sandals. I really like Skechers Go Walks. Just a thought.

If it's something comfy and good for extended walking chances are she's going to hate the style.

I manage a shoe store and told my dd she can have Merrells. I didn't care what style she chose but she was getting Merrells.

She picked one of the strappier "cool" :rolleyes2 styles of sports sandals they have.

My rule is "you have a say when you pay".
My dd has very fussy feet, and has done very well at WDW in the summer with several different styles of Merrells over the years.

I visited WDW in August the past three years and found that wearing tennis shoes was just more comfortable than sandals. I really like Skechers Go Walks. Just a thought.

This! I force everyone to wear their normal tennis shoes they wear everyday. I am not listening to anyone cry because your new sandals aren't as comfortable as you thought!

How about something for comfort to wear while in the parks and then something a bit cuter for eating out, being in the resorts/disney springs, etc.? (i.e., where she won't be doing nonstop walking)?

Has she ever had a bad case of blisters? If so, remind her how that felt and then ask her if she prefers to give up her park time because of sore feet? (She'll probably give you that teen look, but sometimes they need to hear the reality.)

Curious, what styles does she think are cute enough?

Love Chacos but they are pricey and I think the cutest styles have the toe strap. I found Skechers sandals on amazon for under $40 for myself and teen DD for this summer. Tons of colors and styles and they are comfy. I'd give them a try. I will say that my daughters HATE any sandals if they just look "too wide" (lots of athletic/sport/all weather sandals look kind of clunky, I agree).

Check out reef, comfy and they have the "cool" factor for teens, get them at a surf shop. They have a couple that dont go between the toes.
http://www.reef.com/shop/womens-sandals

If you go up in price, you can get Rainbows, also a nice quality surfers sandal, very well made and more strap options than reef. Nordstoms or surf shops carry them:

https://www.rainbowsandals.com/products-all/womens

I can't agree more with the reef flip flops. I know you said nothing between the toes, but the Reef Dreams flip flops are so comfortable, it's like walking on a pillow!

struggling as well. 14 yo dd with a size 13 shoe!! of course not many women's shoes go that high....so try finding men's styles suitable for teenage girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter