Coming soon with my pop up looking for hotel/motel accommodation req near Decatur Alabama

Point Mallard is nice but it's a few minutes off the interstate.

I live in Alabama and have driven that strip of I65 often. Honestly, the Decatur exit, which is south of the TN river first exit, has a few hotels, some fast food spots, and a Pilot gas station (cheap gas). But not a lot of options.

There are more options if you stop a few minutes sooner at the Athens, AL exit for Hwy 72. Several hotels, more food options, even a Wal-Mart super center not far off the exit if I recall. There is probably a hotel belonging to your favorite chain there (my family is partial to Hampton Inns).

To be fair, north Alabama is only a few hours more to home so I rarely stop but once you get outside the southern suburbs of Nashville, this is the next area of civilization for overnight choices.

As for rec's, TripAdvisor or Google reviews are your friend.

Bama Ed

Point Mallard is nice but it's a few minutes off the interstate.

I live in Alabama and have driven that strip of I65 often. Honestly, the Decatur exit, which is south of the TN river first exit, has a few hotels, some fast food spots, and a Pilot gas station (cheap gas). But not a lot of options.

There are more options if you stop a few minutes sooner at the Athens, AL exit for Hwy 72. Several hotels, more food options, even a Wal-Mart super center not far off the exit if I recall. There is probably a hotel belonging to your favorite chain there (my family is partial to Hampton Inns).

To be fair, north Alabama is only a few hours more to home so I rarely stop but once you get outside the southern suburbs of Nashville, this is the next area of civilization for overnight choices.

As for rec's, TripAdvisor or Google reviews are your friend.

Bama Ed
You aren’t kidding about southern middle Tennessee. I grew up there in a little community near Columbia. It’s beautiful country! My husband and I want so badly to move back up that way when he retires. There isn’t a whole lot once you get past Franklin until you get to the Athens exit. We are east of Athens in the Huntsville/Madison area.
If given the choice between Athens or Decatur, I would choose Athens every time. The area right off the interstate is nicer and there are more options for hotels and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter