Comments About DisneyLAND

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
If you are staying at a Disney hotel and need an ECV rental from off-site is an absolute necessity. There is effectively no transportation between the hotels and the parks. I used Alan's Wheelchair Rentals (800-693-4344) who charged $131 for a week (best price for four or more days) plus a $25 pickup/delivery fee plus sales tax for a total of $169. It was waiting for me at Bell Services when I arrived and picked up after I left.

If you are staying at the GC, there is a direct entrance to DCA but not near the wc/stroller rental. If at DLH (especially Bonita Tower) or PP it is quite a walk to the monorail, which takes you directly to tomorrowland where there is no wc/ECV rental. However, the monorail there is an attraction and much smaller than at WDW, so often there are people who are just doing a round trip. There is only space for one ECV or two unfolded wheelchairs on a monorail train.

To get to DCA or other than the monorail to get to MK you have to walk all the way through Down Town Disney from the hotels to get to the park entrances.

The MK at DL seemed much more crowded than at WDW. On Friday (which was a holiday) it seemed more crowded to me that WDWMK on either 4th of July or Christmas Day (and I have done both). Also most of the streets are textured, similar to AK.

Actually, there is a lot to see and do at DL that is not at WDW. Also, there are a lot of differences in many of the attractions with the same name.

One real nice thing about the rehab they did on Space Mountain. They have a special boarding area for people with mobility problems. This is on the exit side between the front of the regular load/unlload area and the launch point. It is on a track parallel to the regular track. There is no time pressure. Once people are loaded and the lap bars down, they hold up the regular cars and the entire track move sideways. You are then launched as a regular car. When you get back to the load area, they wait until you are in the prelaunch position again, and then the entire track slides to the left and you can get out. They have a transfer board available for people who cannot walk the few steps themselves.

Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for the report.
I had read about the Space Mountain rehab at DisneyLand. Nice to have a report about it.

Thanks so much for all the information.
I was planning on renting an EVC from an offsite company, but had not yet decided which hotel I was going to stay at for our upcoming end of April
vacation. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Thx for the reconnaisance! All good info for us. We are working on DL for perhaps Feb or April 2007, so I'll just stash this in the memory banks (assuming there is room in there).

Cheshire Figment said:
The MK at DL seemed much more crowded than at WDW. On Friday (which was a holiday) it seemed more crowded to me that WDWMK on either 4th of July or Christmas Day (and I have done both). Also most of the streets are textured, similar to AK.

You were there that day? Did you know they closed DisneyLand to new Guests? I found out around 4 PM, but I heard they actually stopped admitting Guests around noon. By 10 PM (they kept DCA open an additional hour) DisneyLand was once again open to all. Including the silly lady who couldn't tell the difference between what looked like a curb, and actually curbing - and fell sideways off the circle near the entrance, ECV and all :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter