Commitment issues: I can’t buy a pillow

lacool

The second mouse gets the cheese!
Does anyone else mull over buying a new pillow like it's a lifetime commitment? I spend 30 minutes feeling the firmness of every pillow Bed, Bath & Beyond has to offer, but can never make a decision. Do I want a cooling one? What if that makes my ear cold? Am I a side sleeper? What if I decide to roll onto my back? Will the pillow be uncomfortable then? Is a $99 pillow 10 times better than a $10 pillow? Anything has got to be an improvement over my current pancake of a pillow, but I can't bring myself to commit.

Does anyone else mull over buying a new pillow like it's a lifetime commitment? I spend 30 minutes feeling the firmness of every pillow Bed, Bath & Beyond has to offer, but can never make a decision. Do I want a cooling one? What if that makes my ear cold? Am I a side sleeper? What if I decide to roll onto my back? Will the pillow be uncomfortable then? Is a $99 pillow 10 times better than a $10 pillow? Anything has got to be an improvement over my current pancake of a pillow, but I can't bring myself to commit.

I have the opposite problem! I have 6 pillows and hate ALL of them! I cannot find one I like. I currently use "My Pillow," but it's not comfortable at all. The pillows in WDW and DCL are amazing…where can I find some of those??

I'm a pillow person, I have several pillows and use them depending on well... my mood, how I feel. I have neck and shoulder injury. So sometimes I sleep with the neck pillow, other times I sleep with the cool pillow, sometimes the allergy pillow... sometimes I will trade/swap them around during the night...

I'm just not a 1 pillow kinda gal... :D

OMG-this is totally me!

I wish I could commit to a pillow purchase but I just cannot. I think I need to make a special pillow shopping day and push myself to buy something.

Often it is an afterthought for me, like if I am in Costco and I see them I will think oh, that looks like a good pillow. Then I squeeze it, think nope-not perfect and move on.

I thought about getting a "my pillow" because of all the hype but then I actually felt one in a store and I thought it wasnt for me

This was me for years. I finally went to Relax the Back. They professionally fitted me for a pillow. It was expensive but I had spent more if you added up all of the bad ones that I had bought over the last few years.

Yeah, the My Pillow felt like torn pieces of foam rubber in a sack....not at all what I’m looking for!
Kinda is: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Pillow
"My Pillow products are a patented design, involving a mix of different-sized pieces of open-cell poly-foam. Lindell claims to have tested 94 different foams before deciding on the right one.[4] The pieces are chopped to specification by a machine Lindell developed based on a piece of farm equipment. The mix also contains a resin that enables the foam to retain much of its shape when molded to the user's preference. The pillows are non-allergenic, dust mite-resistant, washable, and dryable."

Pillows! Now there's a topic.Very serious about our pillows-big body pillow people here.We even buy them on vacation and leave them in hotels because we can't sleep without them.

I have the opposite problem! I have 6 pillows and hate ALL of them! I cannot find one I like. I currently use "My Pillow," but it's not comfortable at all. The pillows in WDW and DCL are amazing…where can I find some of those??
this is me.... I keep buying stupid pillows and none of them are 'just right'..... I want a great pillow!

I'm a pillow person, I have several pillows and use them depending on well... my mood, how I feel. I have neck and shoulder injury. So sometimes I sleep with the neck pillow, other times I sleep with the cool pillow, sometimes the allergy pillow... sometimes I will trade/swap them around during the night...

I'm just not a 1 pillow kinda gal... :D
this is also me.... :rotfl2: I have three that i swap between,sometimes more than once per night! I want just one that I love

Nope. I know what I need. A Tempurpedic original contour pillow. I've been using one for 20 years (not the same one). My problem is, I literally cannot sleep without it. I bring it with me anytime I sleep away from home. I squish it into my carryon because I panic thinking about being without it if my bag gets lost.

It all depends on what type and firmness you want. I'm a side sleeper but do roll over sometimes and have no issues sleeping on my bacl with the pillow so I wouldn't worry about that.

You need to find the type you like, foam, feather, fluffy filling like a stuffed animal or something else I'm sure they've come out with. I like memory foam but I'm also a pillow flipper throughout the night which can get me a not squished part. The pillow will also be more firm when it's colder.

For the person that asked about the resort pillows, I would ask on the resort board for that resort in case they are different. I know there's info about the mattresses and pillows in the everything pop thread since the renovation.

LOL. I'd keep a pillow forever if I could. About every 15 years my wife gets disgusted with how lumpy my pillow is and buys me a new one. I have no say. It just appears and the old one ends up in the trash can. I don't ever remember picking a pillow because of that. I just put my head on it and go to sleep.

Sigh...I CANNOT find a pillow that's comfortable - and it affects my sleep all the time. I wake up with neck/shoulder soreness a lot. I've tried so many - I sleep on my side and stomach...really need something that is firm and will hold its shape - even "extra firm" they sell in stores feels like a pancake to me after lying on it a short while.

We live in Fla - I'd adore a pillow that was cooler and very firm - (I flip it to the "cooler" side constantly, as I'm always warm, even with AC at reasonable temp.) I'd happily pay whatever they asked for something that worked. I can keep dreaming, I guess (no pun intended!)

Look into a “ChiroFlow Premium Water-Based Pillow.” My DH and I are chiropractors and our patients absolutely love them! Even our kids sleep on them. You can adjust the level of water in them to make them more or less firm. The only downside to them is bc of the water they are heavy so a little difficult to travel with.

I buy the ones they use on Disney cruise line. They are from harbor linens. I think I technically ordered mine from carnival because they were a few dollars cheaper on their site. I grew up on soft down pillows but like these a lot and they’re really reasonable.

No pillow has ever been right until we bought Talalay latex pillows. They are Z by Malouf and we have the tall plush ones. Bonus is that they last for years.

I actually like the Costco one- after I fix them they’re great. I put them under my mattress for a day or two (not while I’m sleeping!) and then they’re a great height/fluffiness for me. Weird I know but it works for me! They flatten too much for me within a couple years, faster if I travel with them in my suitcase on airplanes, but I don’t care since they’re easy to replace and affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!