Common advice ignored

Going soon and going to steal ice water from Disney!!!!

Oh wait? $50 per person per day times 3 no longer sound like stealing ice water? And those are cheap tickets as I would never pay $120 per person for just one day in the parks though I know people who do.

Don't get me started on those $9 beers that cost $1 in the stores!!

Just remember that A bottle of water cost Disney pennies. They could charge a $1 and be hero's!

taking afternoon breaks and head back to the hotel and go swimming, it takes way too long and usually after swimming we have no energy to head back to the parks:confused3 instead we schedule table service lunch, it give us a good 2 hrs of rest out of the heat

Back from trip now and omg wow. We won't be doing back to the room for afternoons anymore. We want to stay closer next time. The amount of time to get from park to hotel and back into the park was just to much. We should have just went to a show or something a few of the days. I got so sick the last day from heat. The sun loved me that day..

[QUOTE="KingRichard, post: 58822753, member: 314184"

Just remember that A bottle of water cost Disney pennies. They could charge a $1 and be hero's![/QUOTE]

Who cares? That could be said of any concert/sporting event/theme park. You know going in that things will have a huge mark up. On the plus side Disney allows people to bring in their own food and drink unlike most places. So you could go to the parks and not have to spend a penny on food and drink if you didn't want to.

I'm pretty sure that if they were the only ones to blame for that... they wouldn't be selling it for very long. Besides, like myself, I feel bad asking for free stuff. After all, it isn't free to them. They have to pay for the cup your using, the ice you are using, the water you are drinking and even the person that hands you the cup. My philosophy is, if I can't afford a bottle of cold water, I probably should be staying home and watching TV instead.
Why would anyone feel bad about getting a 'complimentary' cup of water when needed? Tap water (tho it may taste sort of funny there) is the simplest,best option for a hot day! Honestly.... I hate extra waste and plastic bottles. I realize *sometimes* it's hard to avoid buying and using them. But if both cost the same,I'd choose the cup of water (less plastic waste imho) over the bottle anyday for that reason alone. It's easy enough to bring a bottle and refill all day long at the parks using the water provided (fountains,free qs ice etc) that insisting that buying a plastic bottle full of water is somehow better than just using the free(or cheaper/less problematic) resource that's already right there is just not how I think.(I realize there's a lot of tossed waste etc at Disney parks, but the bottles just kind of get to me) The fact that it saves me $3 every time I drink some water is icing on the cake. (i'm not a fan of plastic throwaway stuff in everyday life either) I realize it's my own opinion here.... but the title of the thread says it all.... it's what I personally do at WDW. (oh, FWIW,I don;t wear slippers at the hotel lol I just wash my feet when needed)

Last edited:
Honestly.... I hate extra waste and plastic bottles.
We used a foldable (well it rolled up and snapped together at a point) water bottle that clipped onto our bag. So we would fill it up at the water fountain and if we were done drinking from the courtesy cups then we would refill the water bottle with whatever water was left. Even when filled it stayed clipped to our bag which freed up hands or pockets that a water bottle would not nor even the courtesy cups. Our 2 park bags were not big enough to put a water bottle in it nor the reusable water bottle we brought if it was filled.

Some of the most common tips offered by disney veterans just don't work for me.

I posted in another thread that I never bought cheap rain ponchos. First of all I've hardly ever needed them. Most rain in the summer is over within an hour so we take a break under shelter. Once when the forecast was for rain all day I bought the overpriced Disney ponchos. Turned out to be not a bad investment. They are pretty heavy duty and I've used them several times over the years. I doubt the cheap dollar store versions would have lasted a day.

Another common tip is to get free water from counter service food places. Good advice if you were already planning to buy food but there is usually a significant line to wait in. I'm not waiting 10 minutes for a free cup of water when there's a cart selling ice cold bottles with no wait.

For me convenience outweighs what sounds like good advice.

I hear what you're saying. Perhaps the cost-efficient tips are geared more towards people on a tighter budget than you and could benefit from cutting a couple corners. Also, just because something is cheaper elsewhere and more expensive at Disney doesn't always mean the Disney one is made with more quality. Now in your instance, the poncho from Disney, which I also agree is much sturdier and nicer, was more worth the money than the dollar stone one because it was reusable for you. I'd argue that most people toss their ponchos out after they leave, so possibly bringing a dollar store one is better for them. There are many examples of some things at Disney being tripled in price but made like crap. It all just depends.

Back from trip now and omg wow. We won't be doing back to the room for afternoons anymore. We want to stay closer next time. The amount of time to get from park to hotel and back into the park was just to much. We should have just went to a show or something a few of the days. I got so sick the last day from heat. The sun loved me that day..
How far was your hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!