Community board constantly hijacked

rwdavis2

DIS Veteran
almost every time I access the Community board via Safari on my iPad it gets hijacked by some odd advertising. It never happens on any of the other forums.

This also happens with Firefox

Happening in Chrome, too. Half of the threads I can't even open because my AV stops it from redirecting to a site infected with virii/malware.

I barely come to view the Disboards much. Every single time I sign on, I get the Safari pop review/survey. How often I use safari. I exit out immediately.

I don't understand why it's only on this message board. I have no problems/issues with any other message board. The advertisements are out of control too..........I am sure they can do something about it but it must have a nice revenue (is that the word? money coming in?). I could be wrong and I understand it takes money to run a board but I for one, come here less and less :(.

Can hardly access a single DIS thread on Safari without multiple redirects and retries... annoying.

I barely come to view the Disboards much. Every single time I sign on, I get the Safari pop review/survey. How often I use safari. I exit out immediately.

I don't understand why it's only on this message board. I have no problems/issues with any other message board. The advertisements are out of control too..........I am sure they can do something about it but it must have a nice revenue (is that the word? money coming in?). I could be wrong and I understand it takes money to run a board but I for one, come here less and less :(.
I use an adblocker and I have had absolutely no issues with ads or popups on this or any other forum.

I use an adblocker and I have had absolutely no issues with ads or popups on this or any other forum.

I understand what you are saying - even though I have no clue what to do. I would have to ask one of my kids when they come over BUT it only happens with this site. I get Congratulations, you are lucky. Take our Survey. How many times I use Safari? It won't let me do anything so I exit out. I frequent two other boards and nothing.....no issues.

I understand what you are saying - even though I have no clue what to do. I would have to ask one of my kids when they come over BUT it only happens with this site. I get Congratulations, you are lucky. Take our Survey. How many times I use Safari? It won't let me do anything so I exit out. I frequent two other boards and nothing.....no issues.
Sadly, I, also, am not that tech savvy. I only know that a couple of years ago, when DISboards was filled with ads every 3rd post on every thread, I asked my son about installing an adblocker. He did, and voila! no more ads.

Now, I'm on my laptop, windows 7, Chrome. I don't understand all the various operating systems (I think that's the correct term) so I don't know how things work on other computers.

I have an ad blocker and I’m still getting them within seconds. Perhaps I need to try a different one? It’s in chrome and safari, on my phone and computer. But the more I’m reading, it does seem to be just the community board which I’m on the most. I can actually use the other boards without a prob.

I use both AdBlock Plus and uBlock Origin on my laptops and desktop, no ads, no popups. If I turn it off to see what is blocked......:faint: :scared1: Staggering.

For my Android phone, no ad blockers available. If Java is off, no dis spam popups, but many functions here use Java. So use Java and get dis spam or turn off Java and loose functionality. :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!