Compare a family all-inclusive to DCL?

Alihall

Earning My Ears
We've done the family all inclusive a couple of times - Jamaica and Turks and Caicos. This will be our first DCL cruise. We cruised on RCL in '92 without kids. Wondering how the service, food, kids club thing will compare??? Our bet is it will be much better with DCL. Anybody????thoughts.......

Hi, I just wanted to ask which inclusives you took your family to? A few years ago I wanted to go to one that has since closed.

We wnet to Beaches Inn in Jamaica and Beaches at Turks. Both beautiful properties, but I think we will get more bang for our$$$ on DCL.:wave:

We generally do an annual dude ranch trip on the "American Plan" (i.e. all inclusive), so I can give a comparison of that vs. cruising. It's really pretty similar...at the dude ranch, your accommodations and meals are typically included, as are most activities such as horseback riding, swimming, etc. At the most upscale ranch we visited, some alcohol and additional activities such as white water rafting were also included, but those items are extra at most ranches (comparable to shore excursions and alcohol costing extra on the ship). Most dude ranches offer some type of included child care, similar to kids clubs on the ship. The two types of trip are very comparable...maybe that's why they are our two preferred choices!!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb, not to get off of cruising info, but have you ever been to Paradise Ranch? We planned to go there the summer I got pregnant with my ds and had to put it off a few years....maybe when he is 5 and our dd is 13....yeah, that's only 3 more years....gotta start a countdown! :wave:

Nope, haven't been there...where is it located?
So far, we have been to Lane's in Estes Park, Colorado; Rimrock in Cody, Wyoming; a place in South Dakota (the name escapes me), Woodside Ranch in Wisconsin, and a private place in Nipomo, California (they only take two riders at a time, and you stay in the owner's home). This year, we were planning to go to Arizona, but after 9/11 I got a little nervous about flying more than a couple of hours, so all we're doing is Disney cruising. But hopefully we'll get back to the ranches in 2003...meanwhile, I bought a young horse in July and have been training him so I will have lots of personal dude ranch action for the next year or so!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Paradise Guest Ranch is in Wyoming.... check it out at www.paradiseranch.com
But my mind is on packing for warmth next week....10 days until we cruise!!!! And thanks to you, I found this board! Thanks again....

My dh and I went to Jamaica a few years ago on an all-inclusive-it was a GREAT deal. We have cruised 2 times w/ RCCL - as far as price goes...the all inclusive was a lot less expensive (I really did get a great deal!); however, I enjoy the variety of things to do "on location" on our cruises much more than our all-inclusive offered. Meaning...on board the Voyager of Seas I could've spent every day on board the ship and never been bored. At the all-inclusive in Jamaica...I was never BORED, but the activities/shows/health club, service, etc. offered were not even comparable!

I would do an all-inclusive again. This is our 1st DCL so I am not sure how it will compare...I think it'll be similar to RCCL.

We have only deon 2 3 night cruises. One on DCL this past December and one on RCCL back in '97.

We had such a bad time on the RCCL that I thought I'd never cruise again. If it weren't for my crazy love of Disney, we never would have.

To us, you could not compare the two. The ship was in need of updating, the food was horrible, everything about it was unappealing to us plus the weather did not work in our favor.

We loved DCL. We are pretty snobby travellers and I was quite impressed with the ship. Certainly not the height of luxury, but the amenities and the food were very good. Our children loved the kids club (which we could not do in '97 on RCCL). There was always some type of cleaning ana maintenance being performed and the ships interior always looks great.

The funny thing was when we were in Port Canaveral, we were docked next to Sovereign of the Seas and just looking at the exterior of the ship, you could see the differences!!!!!!! Iknow this is one of their older ships, but it's looking pretty shabby!

Just one person' opinion!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter