Comparing Finding Nemo movie with the AK play

katgarbars

Mouseketeer
So, I'm sitting here watching the Finding Nemo movie and I'm finding myself comparing it to the Finding Nemo the Musical at Animal Kingom. And strangely the movie is losing in the comparison. I keep thinking "that's not right" when the movie doesn't match up. Am I the only one? I love the musical version at Animal Kingdom. I see it every trip.

I've seen the show at AK several times. While they are some very talented people in the performance but it kind of makes me drowsy. The movie is excellent:)

Easiest way to compare the two? I've somehow managed to sit all the way through the movie. I walked out of the AK play literally five minutes in. Haven't been back since.

The hate that people heap on this show always amazes me. Honestly.
I get that not everything is for everyone but really, this show is still an extremely different show with very talented performers
Maybe the people who dislike it just dislike musicals in general? Truly wondering
I know I love them and this especially because of the uniqueness of the added element of the puppetry being added in.

Now, that said, what is different? Where doesn't the story match up? I mean, the show is much shorter so it's very condensed of course but it's not different, is it?

I always always fall asleep at the show in AK. It just DRAGS for a theme park show. It's dark and cool. I've seen the movie 8,438 times (not kidding, it was my son's only movie he would watch from like 3-4 years old, unless it was CARS) I only go see it now if I'm walking past and want a nap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter