COMPLETE - Aulani Trip Report - June 2023 - Pictures & Food Recommendations

So despite the steep price tag at La Hiki, I am intrigued and wanting to try! I tried making a resy online, no luck so I called Four Seasons. La Hiki just closed for the day and the operator told me they only take resy one month in advance. I'll call again tomorrow and see what the restaurant says. Apparently, this brunch is also very popular with locals that's why it's so hard to get it!

So despite the steep price tag at La Hiki, I am intrigued and wanting to try! I tried making a resy online, no luck so I called Four Seasons. La Hiki just closed for the day and the operator told me they only take resy one month in advance. I'll call again tomorrow and see what the restaurant says. Apparently, this brunch is also very popular with locals that's why it's so hard to get it!
Back on February 24th, I posted this here on the boards for our June trip...

"Just thought I would share. I don't know when this changed, but previously during my trip planning I noted that La Hiki and Mina's Fish House at the Four Seasons were accepting reservations via OpenTable only 60 days out. Yesterday, I decided to check again and I was able to get a dinner at Mina's and the Sunday brunch at La Hiki for our June stay at Aulani. From the looks of it, most of 2023 may now be open for reservations, so if you were thinking about either place for a future 2023 trip, you may want to take a look."

So, keep checking. It seems to vary. Did you try OpenTable? Good luck!

So, keep checking. It seems to vary. Did you try OpenTable? Good luck!
I did. So here is the funny thing, on OpenTable the furthest booking available is Jan 7, 2024 and there are still quite a few openings. That's why I'm going to call them again tomorrow and speak with someone at the restaurant, and if they are fully booked on that one day we can go, maybe they can put us on waitlist.
I won't be super sad if we can't get a reservation, plenty of great places to eat in Oahu!

I did. So here is the funny thing, on OpenTable the furthest booking available is Jan 7, 2024 and there are still quite a few openings. That's why I'm going to call them again tomorrow and speak with someone at the restaurant, and if they are fully booked on that one day we can go, maybe they can put us on waitlist.
I won't be super sad if we can't get a reservation, plenty of great places to eat in Oahu!
I wish you luck! It was expensive, but we loved it and don't regret it one bit!

I currently have OpenTable res's for La Hiki Sunday brunch for May, 2024. But when I look for reservations now at that time, there is nothing available. I'm assuming that they have recently changed their reservation policy. Or they're just released sporadically.

I currently have OpenTable res's for La Hiki Sunday brunch for May, 2024. But when I look for reservations now at that time, there is nothing available. I'm assuming that they have recently changed their reservation policy. Or they're just released sporadically.
If you go beyond Jan 7, you should see this message - "Unfortunately, LA HIKI KITCHEN - Ko Olina at Four Seasons Resort doesn’t take online reservations that far in advance. Have another time in mind?"

If you go beyond Jan 7, you should see this message - "Unfortunately, LA HIKI KITCHEN - Ko Olina at Four Seasons Resort doesn’t take online reservations that far in advance. Have another time in mind?"
To J-Dog's point and echoed by my experience in February, it seems that they are inconsistent in how they release their reservations, so folks need to keep checking it seems. Let us know what happens today when you call. Crossing fingers for you.

Yep. It says that now. But I am not lying that I made a reservation for next May. So they do go out that far at some point. Or at least they recently used to go out that far. Keep looking.

Yep. It says that now. But I am not lying that I made a reservation for next May. So they do go out that far at some point. Or at least they recently used to go out that far. Keep looking.
Oh my bad! I misunderstood your post! I thought you are making a resy now for May, but you already have one! Sorry!
Yeah I think they may have been changing their reservation policy...but either way I'll call and find out what they do now.

I just stumbled upon your trip report while doing a little research on Aulani and feel deeeep into the rabbit hole and devoured it all, much like you did all of that incredible food!
Thank you for the descriptions and pictures, it was a feast for the eyes!

I just stumbled upon your trip report while doing a little research on Aulani and feel deeeep into the rabbit hole and devoured it all, much like you did all of that incredible food!
Thank you for the descriptions and pictures, it was a feast for the eyes!
So glad that you enjoyed it and found it useful for your trip planning! Aloha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter