*COMPLETE* Honey Buns, Do Me A Favor and STOP Asking Questions! A September 2015 WDW TR! UPDATE6/17

Just read your whole report and loved it! Thanks for sharing!!

Was cool to hear you found a new love for AK on this trip - my husbands and I's favorite park!
Thank you for reading!! I can't wait to revisit AK later this month, with all of the additions they've made I think it's going even better! :cutie:

I LOVED your trip report Hollye!! I was needing a Disney fix all the way up here in Utah and your trip report was the first one I came to and I just spent the last 2.5 hours reading it! Thanks for the fix! Your report did just the trick!

Thank you for the comment, I can't believe people still read this report! That's so cool that mine was the first to pop up, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hear it's been cold and snowy in Utah and I don't envy you one bit:scared1:
I'm going back later this month, so if you need another Disney fix be sure to come back in February, I'll definitely have another one up and running by then :flower1:

I'm late to this TR as I usually sign in once or twice a year and catch up on updates (I want more TRs!!!), but your comment about Bandana Stitch made me want to reply.

Every trip to WDW we've had that person/family, etc. that we see over and over again around the parks. Sometimes it's been a minor celebrity; other times it's usually a kid who stands out for one reason or another. There was a little girl a few years back who wore a Jasmine costume all week. We had ADRs in three restaurants at the same time as her family, and she was really recognizable. We knew it was her and not just a girl the same age dressed the same way. We remembered her parents too. And once, when my daughter was little, the face character Jasmine recognized my daughter, and called her by name, in Akershus, on Thursday, and mentioned details about their first meeting. We had seen her in the MK the previous Monday. That absolutely melted my heart.

But this trip, we had a funny one. Monday morning my 16 YO daughter and I were in line at Dinosaur in AK and in front of us was a set of very handsome twins, young men about 21-23 years old. With them was an older rather disheveled-looking man. We figured he was a relative or friend; they weren't interacting with him like he was their father. They were very well groomed, but the older man had his t-shirt tucked into the waistband of his underwear, and his shorts had slid about three inches down so we had a good view of his undies and his questionable fashion choice. The guys kept turning and looking at my daughter, and I wanted to say something friendly to them. I figured by things they did and said that they were from around my hometown and were University of Maryland alumni, which is where I went to school. We went through the ride on different cars and went our separate ways.

The next morning we hoofed back to 7DMT at rope drop and tried to ride standby. Guess who was in line about ten people in front of us? "The Twins and Uncle Grandpa," as we had dubbed them. They caught sight of me and my daughter and did a double-take, and I saw them glancing over at us again through the queue. Again, they rode, we rode, and went our separate ways. (It's KILLING me that I didn't say anything to them. I cannot find them on social media---if I even had a first name, I bet I could figure it out!)

Fast-forward to Wednesday, which was an off day. We went to a spring training baseball game in Jupiter.

Thursday. Our family separates, hubby and son are off to LEGOLAND. I drop them off and find a place to hang out for the day. My daughter meets up with a dear friend from our church who is going to school near Orlando. They are off to Universal for the day.

At 10:00, I get a text from my daughter. "Guess who is in line right in front of us to get into Universal?" "Who?" "THE TWINS!"

I told her she had to introduce herself and her friend, who is a gorgeous, sweet young lady as well but she didn't. She chickened out.

So now, in my mind, those guys flip flop between "The Twins and Uncle Grandpa" and "Bandana Stitch!"

Thanks for the laughs. I loved your TR!

Last edited:

I'm late to this TR as I usually sign in once or twice a year and catch up on updates (I want more TRs!!!), but your comment about Bandana Stitch made me want to reply.

Every trip to WDW we've had that person/family, etc. that we see over and over again around the parks. Sometimes it's been a minor celebrity; other times it's usually a kid who stands out for one reason or another. There was a little girl a few years back who wore a Jasmine costume all week. We had ADRs in three restaurants at the same time as her family, and she was really recognizable. We knew it was her and not just a girl the same age dressed the same way. We remembered her parents too. And once, when my daughter was little, the face character Jasmine recognized my daughter, and called her by name, in Akershus, on Thursday, and mentioned details about their first meeting. We had seen her in the MK the previous Monday. That absolutely melted my heart.

But this trip, we had a funny one. Monday morning my 16 YO daughter and I were in line at Dinosaur in AK and in front of us was a set of very handsome twins, young men about 21-23 years old. With them was an older rather disheveled-looking man. We figured he was a relative or friend; they weren't interacting with him like he was their father. They were very well groomed, but the older man had his t-shirt tucked into the waistband of his underwear, and his shorts had slid about three inches down so we had a good view of his undies and his questionable fashion choice. The guys kept turning and looking at my daughter, and I wanted to say something friendly to them. I figured by things they did and said that they were from around my hometown and were University of Maryland alumni, which is where I went to school. We went through the ride on different cars and went our separate ways.

The next morning we hoofed back to 7DMT at rope drop and tried to ride standby. Guess who was in line about ten people in front of us? "The Twins and Uncle Grandpa," as we had dubbed them. They caught sight of me and my daughter and did a double-take, and I saw them glancing over at us again through the queue. Again, they rode, we rode, and went our separate ways. (It's KILLING me that I didn't say anything to them. I cannot find them on social media---if I even had a first name, I bet I could figure it out!)

Fast-forward to Wednesday, which was an off day. We went to a spring training baseball game in Jupiter.

Thursday. Our family separates, hubby and son are off to LEGOLAND. I drop them off and find a place to hang out for the day. My daughter meets up with a dear friend from our church who is going to school near Orlando. They are off to Universal for the day.

At 10:00, I get a text from my daughter. "Guess who is in line right in front of us to get into Universal?" "Who?" "THE TWINS!"

I told her she had to introduce herself and her friend, who is a gorgeous, sweet young lady as well but she didn't. She chickened out.

So now, in my mind, those guys flip flop between "The Twins and Uncle Grandpa" and "Bandana Stitch!"

Thanks for the laughs. I loved your TR!
Okay, this has to be one of the best comments I've ever received! Thank you so much for sharing, I'm so distressed that you weren't able to find "the twins and uncle grandpa" on social media anywhere. If that had happened to my mom and I, she definitely would have made me go up and talk to them- she's always trying to play match maker, LOL.

After I posted this I talked to my daughter. I didn't realize that The Twins were literally in the car right behind them when she and my husband went through a
Buzz Lightyear at 8:00 that night as well!

And they were not only at Universal, they parked in the parking spot right next to my daughter. She thinks she can find them because one of them wore a GoPro. I think there is no way to find out who they were, but she thinks she can.

After I posted this I talked to my daughter. I didn't realize that The Twins were literally in the car right behind them when she and my husband went through a
Buzz Lightyear at 8:00 that night as well!

And they were not only at Universal, they parked in the parking spot right next to my daughter. She thinks she can find them because one of them wore a GoPro. I think there is no way to find out who they were, but she thinks she can.
Hahaha this is such a good story, I feel like you guys have to run into them again one day!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!