*COMPLETE* SOLO:NOT a Star wars story! An August 2018 keto dining report

Texans_loyal

Operation Disney is Underway!
poNbQGYl.png

Hello and welcome to my 4th report, it will be short and to the point! My name is Farah and I'm from the great state of Texas ::yes:: I became an AP last year and have been stalking Southwest daily for cheap flights. Luckily, Houston flights go on sale often!
I was only in DW for 1 full day and 2 travel days, perfect amount for a solo trip!

In my last report, I had just lost 11 pounds on the keto diet. Fast forward 4 months and another 34 pounds gone:yay:

bHUZxvel.jpg

This will be the last keto report for the year, I plan on gaining 20 pounds on my September trip. :scratchin I did bring a few snacks with me to stay on track.

uBBVJY0l.jpg

First night was at POP
Cn6n350l.jpg

and second night was at Art of animation!

iRFosjAl.jpg

On with the food! :drinking1

August 20, 2018

My Travel day started at 3 am :crazy2: Early flights always sound so exciting when booking yet horrendous the day of. I got checked in and headed to Dunkin donuts.
ZfQirZ8l.jpg

(2) Turkey sausage croissants-no croissant. $11.26

Within 3 hours I was boarding the magical express!
QC5De3Hl.jpg

9jSM24sl.jpg

Stopped by the food court to grab a case of water. $6.99

I quickly dropped off my stuff and hopped on a bus to my favorite park for lunch.
TQb824Nl.jpg

Fuel

sEmUUkPl.jpg

Heeeellloooo AK :love:

Aq1LizFl.jpg

Yak & Yeti has my heart, I have never had a bad meal or service here. Plus the laundry's club perks are awesome.

oBvCnuMl.jpg

h0hnJzml.jpg

Started with Water in a Buddha cup. $10

CubX5cfl.jpg

Soy Herb Glazed Rib Eye (Market Place)

Grilled 14 oz. Certified Angus Beef Rib-Eye, roasted shiitake mushrooms, shishito pepper relish, served with corn, edamame succotash and wasabi mashed potatoes. No sauce and grilled veggies instead of succotash and potatoes. $45

I was a bit disappointed with this meal. First, I had to wait 45 minutes for food. It was a slow day, why the hold up?
Second, there was no way that steak should've been near $45. Even at Disney, it should've been around $30 - $35. My fault for not asking before ordering.

26npjiPl.jpg

It was a perfect medium well and tasted great. The veggies were cooked to perfection. Was this meal worth $55 before tip? NOPE, I could've gone to Tiffins instead. o_O
There was lightning and thunder in the area so most of the rides were closed. I headed to the buses just as it started to pour.

Total: $73.25

Magic Kingdom

I went to MK thinking it would be empty due to the rain. Boy was I wrong, It was packed! HEA was delayed for hours. Mobile ordered from Casey's to avoid the madness.

ojBdSFzl.jpg

bpExywZl.jpg

Gluten free foot long chili cheese dog- no bun. $13

Yummy as usual, I did wish I could eat the fries :o (4 more days till I do!)

Dessert was sugar free butter pecan from the plaza ice cream parlor. Sugar was not missed, it tasted like heaven!
The ears are not sugar free, I just wanted a cute IG pic lol.
58ozP5Il.jpg

$4.50

I didn't know nutrition facts at the time but I looked it up later and 1/4 cup has 16 net carbs so this was definitely a treat. I normally only have 15G a day.

2Dj3TU4l.jpg

GzvEM8nl.jpg

Watched HEA and made my way out. Exhausted was an understatement. :coffee:

Total: $17.50

Glad your back with another review! Congratulations on your additional weight loss! I don’t eat keto but do try to eat low carb (mostly paleo) but do add in some delicious keto meals once in a while. I give you a lot of credit for sticking with it while at Disney!

August 21, 2018

Breakfast was a veggie omelet from POP food court.

fXkOtdzl.jpg

Spinach, Tomato and Feta Omelet
served with Breakfast Potatoes. turkey bacon instead of potatoes. $8.99

ZYrdKHOl.jpg

It was good, nothing special. Nice to have an easy healthy option.

Katsura Grill
This is the saddest lunch you will ever see. I think a lot got lost in translation while ordering, not the cashiers fault.

uUZeMFpl.jpg

Shrimp and Chicken Teriyaki
served with Steamed Rice and Mix Garden Salad $14.00 No sauce or rice.

The picture showed grilled chicken so I was surprised when I saw boiled chicken. I should've said something but I just didn't have it in me to go back up there. I ate the shrimp which was surprisingly good on it's own, the rest went into the trash. the heat and wearing myself out from the night before was starting to get to me. I bid an empty Epcot farewell and took an Uber to AOA.

LANDSCAPE OF FLAVORS
I've never been a fan of AOA. I always thought it was overpriced compared to the other values and not worth it. OMG Y'all this resort is gorgeous! I was taking pics and videos the whole time i was there. definitely the most in your face Disney themed resort.

htk5m8Pl.jpg

heard great things about Art of animation's food court and was excited to see if it lived up to the hype! I got the Jumbo stuffed meatball.

MdJnYo4l.jpg

on bed of Marinara with Parmesan Herb Polenta and a Breadstick $13.99
no polenta or breadstick, added green beans.

R6ikaTil.jpg

OMG this hit the spot and totally made up for my sad Epcot lunch. The meatball is a blend of beef and veal which I appreciated. crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside. overall it tasted like a table service meal.

TOTAL: $36.98

The Hollywood brown derby
MvB9CQKl.jpg

My first signature experience at Disney was great!

kyrZZfYl.jpg

I got a different vibe when I walked into the lobby. Kind of felt like I was in a different era...Old Hollywood glam :lovestruc

F3BNq6El.jpg

I forgot I was in a theme park for a sec.

qpMXGQNl.jpg

First up was bread and butter with fancy salt :rolleyes1
65KmP6tl.jpg

0]
1aSQNKa.jpg
[/URL]

I ate half of one and asked the waitress the take the basket away before a catastrophe occurred. OMG they tasted just like the ones at BOG, so good!

My main was their famous Cobb salad with chicken and ranch. Their original dressing contains sugar.

9sVFEF7l.jpg

Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, Cobb Dressing $16
Add Chicken to Our Famous Cobb Salad $6

qLsssGql.jpg

A waiter tossed my salad :laughing:
faaaaannncccyyy :dance3:

mrEdXJJl.jpg

I was in salad heaven, all salads should be this good! It doesn't look like much but it's HUGE! I barely finished half.

There was something about this restaurant that I fell in love with. Almost like i had been there before? Overall, This was one of the best meals I've had at Disney! Now I'm itching to try the other signatures, Bye bye money.

TOTAL: $24

Last edited:
Love your Keto dining reviews! I am always impressed you keep it up in the parks. Kudos to you with your weight loss!

I have my first solo trip booked for February for 7 nights. I have been eating keto for 8 months now. I have met my goal weight, so I have a few occasional bites of cheats now and then. I always try and remain gluten free though as it really bothers my tummy. I decided on doing the dlxdp as I was thinking it would be easier to make healthier choices at signature locations. Your Yak & Yeti steak looks good!! I have an ADR for there and Brown Derby among many others (can’t wait).

Joining in! I'm so excited to read about your keto adventures. And congratulations on all that weight loss! YAAASSSS!

I have been doing keto on and off for a few years, not so much for weight loss (although if I lost 5-10 pounds it would be awesome!), but because i generally feel better, more energetic, less tummy issues when I avoid the heavy carbs. I did real keto for about 4 weeks last year and had that crazy metallic taste, but now I just generally avoid the bad carbs, but I allow myself to eat fresh fruit and don't count macros. If I'm hungry, I immediately think something higher in fat to feel full quickly. I eat a lot of avocados!

Anyway, following along!

8/21/18

I had half of a lilly's bar and strawberries for breakfast.
dIWsJRtl.jpg

$4.99

Skipper's canteen
My parent's had lunch here back in 2016 and my mom still talks about the food. I was looking forward to something different.
mGrVkwol.jpg

eBVThkhl.jpg

yOFkJltl.jpg

Decor is beautiful!

CQMUOVdl.jpg

mcYXWmnl.jpg

For Lunch, I had the "a lot at steak" salad

twSzNqul.jpg

We're betting it all on this one! Grilled Steak, Romaine Lettuce, Spring Mix, Pickled Jalapeños, Red Onion, Queso Fresco, and Pumpkin Seeds tossed in a Chimichurri Vinaigrette $19

The salad was very refreshing and filling. The jalapeno was fried and there was tons of corn which I had to pick out one by one but it was a good lunch. I have my eyes on the fish next time, Skipper's is going on the "must have" list.
And because it's not weird, here are pics of the really pretty restroom.

zP2lBVml.jpg

l9aqKI3l.jpg

The sugar free butter pecan was calling my name. The whipped cream is not sugar free.

3pQiK6gl.jpg

$4.50

TOTAL: $23.50

Trail's end

MK was crazy packed and overbearingly hot, I got on a boat and made my way to Trial's end. This place always gets great reviews and is one of the cheapest buffets in DW.
5MCgHJ0l.jpg

adRtea8l.jpg

xeo0qRFl.jpg

2F2kgHfl.jpg

3ZIJgYel.jpg

vLUjzaal.jpg

I had a bite of the corn bread...OMG BOMB!

XRU6cTgl.jpg

afMLiTGl.jpg

eXb9XRzl.jpg

0qaGjmyl.jpg

IrOe6lkl.jpg

aHHGhf3l.jpg

Corn bread topped salmon..Lord have mercy. It was everything I didn't know I needed.

BjXUYbnl.jpg

Overall, I loved the vibe and simplicity of the place. The food was good but the corn bread is what dreams are made of. I'm coming back just so I can eat a whole tray of it.

TOTAL: $30

GRAND TOTAL: $235.23

Thank you for reading! Back to regular food on the next trip....which is tomorrow!

My keto page on IG is @keto_monster_ if y'all would like to follow.

I post everything I eat and every step of my weight-loss journey on there. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Catching up on reviews today and enjoyed your report! I'll be going on a solo trip in October, so I'm super interested in others' solo dining adventures right now.

Early flights always sound so exciting when booking yet horrendous the day of.

Oh, I know. I'm always like, "If I catch a 6 am flight, I'll be in at MCO at 10:00 am!!!" And then later I realize that I will have to get up at 4 am. Fortunately I live 10 minutes from the airport.

The meatball is a blend of beef and veal which I appreciated. crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside. overall it tasted like a table service meal.

That looks really great, I would order it with vegetables like you. I'm staying at Pop and I'll have to keep this dish in mind if I need a resort dinner.

Looking forward to your next report!

Great title for a report and congratulations on your weight loss! That's amazing! Looks like you had some really delicious food on your trip while keeping disciplined. :worship: I really enjoy Yak & Yeti as well - and the Landry's card is so worth it. Kinda odd question, but do you get to keep the buddha cup? I collect buddhas so that's something I might want to seek out. Your lunch at Skipper's Canteen looks great -- and the restroom is beautiful. That's definitely going on the list for next trip -- I hear consistently good things about it. Hope you'll do a report about your next trip -- hope you have/had fun!

Love what you did with the Casey's dog. I am going to try that next time because during our latest trip we tried Casey's and the hot dog was as good as ever but that bun was a crime.

So happy to have found your report! You look incredible!

In 2015, I changed my way of eating to Keto and haven't looked back! Down 75lbs and keeping it off. Still have 25lbs to go to hit my goal weight. Slow and steady...:p I have to admit, on my last trip to WDW in late 2016, I ate EVERYTHING under the sun. Still managed to lose 1lb over a 13 day trip :confused3:cool1: So here's hoping you'll have the same luck I did during your upcoming trip and that you don't gain a thing. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your weight loss, and for being so disciplined while at WDW! I eat pretty well when I'm at home, but I succumb to hot fudge sundaes way too easily when I travel! I'll be at WDW before and after a 7-night cruise at the end of November - so I will TRY to eat responsibly. :D

Congrats on your weight loss :) I eat low carb mon-thurs on my work days and relax a bit on the weekends. I could never do keto but def respect those that do!

Enjoying your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!