COMPLETE- "We're Never Coming Back!...Until October" FEB '14 Princess Half Marathon

I really enjoyed reading the TR. You girls are so fun, and it made me excited to set that goal to do the PHM. I'll look forward to your next TR. :) I haven't ever done a TR, mainly because my sister is one of those people that doesn't like her kids pictures posted on the web. Without the pictures of the kids with the characters, I am not sure how exciting I can make it. But if I decide to do one from this most recent trip, I'll let you know. :)

Aww, well thanks! Yeah, I've noticed other DISers do 'kid-free' reports which I completely respect. After all, whatever you put on the internet is out there forever!

Even if you don't go a full-fledged TR keep me posted on the details/what you thought/etc!

I've just read your whole TR and have to say you girls are amazing to complete all those runs and all those early mornings. You did a great job :thumbsup2

It also sounds as though you had a wonderful sister/daughter/Mom trip :goodvibes

Omigosh- HI! I'm so glad you enjoyed our TR! I've totally read through your Mom's Panel TRs in the past and thought they were such a cool experience!

I am not sure you have me sold on All Stars but I am definitely excited to stay at BWV!!!

I think that come fall the fp+ system will be even better than it was in Jan/Feb. I too am a planner and can't wait to pick our fp's.

I am a huge fan of them! I have one pink that I decorated with sparkle nail polish and some "gems". For fall I am considering purchasing the covers that dvc central sells. They are pretty fun... but I also like painting over them so who knows what I will do. I still am subscribed to the decorating your band thread on Dis.

And...on wearing them at home - have you seen the video with the woman who wears hers and then smacks into her door because it doesn't just unlock when she passes her band in front of it?

:rotfl2:

So you are doing ToT? No phm next year? What about marathon weekend?

Before our January trip I had debated getting a grab bag from ebay just so my dd could start. Now after reading how much you both enjoyed it makes me want to revisit the idea.

:woohoo:

So would that make two race weekends we might both be at? So cool!!!

I agree- I think Disney is making some awesome changes to FP+ and is really listening to what their guests have to say. I'm excited to see how it works going forward, and hope that a lot more people will find it enjoyable!

Did the nail polish hold up well? That seems like such a cute and easy thing to do. I've seen the covers from DVC Central and they are awesome looking! Some of the things people have done to their bands and shared in that thread are unbelievable!! :worship:

That's hilarious! I have to look that up. If I could install a Mickey sensor on my front door, I'll shamelessly say that I would do it! Maybe a Magic Band car starter too? Disney needs to start cashing in on the home market! :rotfl2:

Yes- we're doing ToT with no plans to return to PHM in the future. Of course, I say that now but you never know... ;) We haven't registered for anything on Marathon Weekend yet but I'd be lying if I said we didn't price things out, and get a quote from the runDisney package line :goodvibes We have to see where real life takes us before we do any booking. But, yes- we're practically 'running' the same vacation schedule, hahaha!!

The nail polish held up really well. You should give it a try.

As for marathon weekend.... I can guess as to what you are looking at running since it is the only thing still open. I would think that takes some consideration. :goodvibes

The nail polish held up really well. You should give it a try.

As for marathon weekend.... I can guess as to what you are looking at running since it is the only thing still open. I would think that takes some consideration. :goodvibes

Indeed :goodvibes We've both been contemplating making the move to the marathon distance but this would definitely be taking that challenge to the extreme :thumbsup2

Indeed :goodvibes We've both been contemplating making the move to the marathon distance but this would definitely be taking that challenge to the extreme :thumbsup2

That is definitely taking it to the extreme... course... then there is the dopey too. I just am not sure how all those people do it. that is a LOT of miles over the course of 4 days. I could do the 5k..10k and then half. It is throwing in that full that would push me over the edge!

That is definitely taking it to the extreme... course... then there is the dopey too. I just am not sure how all those people do it. that is a LOT of miles over the course of 4 days. I could do the 5k..10k and then half. It is throwing in that full that would push me over the edge!

I agree! I don't think I could do the four early mornings in a row, plus all the running, and all the excitement. Add that on to the act that I'd be in Disney so there's no way I'd just plop myself on a couch to relax between races, lol. I give Dopey runners a lot of credit! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for reading along and all the nice comments! :love:

Well its official....we're going Goofy! :scared:

Keep your eyes peeled for 2 new PTRs from us in the coming months: one for ToT weekend, and one for marathon weekend! There will be plenty of updates on the status of our training, sanity, and possibly the sad state of my bank account :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for reading along and all the nice comments! :love:

Well its official....we're going Goofy! :scared:

Keep your eyes peeled for 2 new PTRs from us in the coming months: one for ToT weekend, and one for marathon weekend! There will be plenty of updates on the status of our training, sanity, and possibly the sad state of my bank account :rotfl:

Yay, that's great! Looking forward to your PTRs and TRs. :)

Thanks everyone for reading along and all the nice comments! :love: Well its official....we're going Goofy! :scared: Keep your eyes peeled for 2 new PTRs from us in the coming months: one for ToT weekend, and one for marathon weekend! There will be plenty of updates on the status of our training, sanity, and possibly the sad state of my bank account :rotfl:

Ha! I saw the post on marathon thread before this one. I was hoping you were going goofy!

I can't wait to follow your ptrs!!!

I also just saw your posts on the Goofy thread. It's the curse of the Disney races. They just suck you in, don't they? :rotfl: Congrats on signing up. You girls will rock it!!!

Yay, that's great! Looking forward to your PTRs and TRs. :)

Ha! I saw the post on marathon thread before this one. I was hoping you were going goofy!

I can't wait to follow your ptrs!!!

I also just saw your posts on the Goofy thread. It's the curse of the Disney races. They just suck you in, don't they? :rotfl: Congrats on signing up. You girls will rock it!!!

Thanks for the well wishes y'all! We clearly couldn't resist. As you said Zelly- it's the runDisney curse! :rotfl2:

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report! Planning to run the 5 and 10K at next years PHM weekend and the 5K at marathon weekend. I am not a runner...but everyone has to start somewhere, right! Looking forward to your PTR for Marathon weekend!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter