Completed 11/4: Final Thoughts "It's a Bit Less Humid Today, Right?" - a September 2018 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Araminta18, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Do it! :) I hope they still have it--it's a great souvenir. The gift shop seemed a bit unorganized though.

Aw, thanks! Mary Poppins did tell me I was almost there... :)

Still not sure if I'm gonna do a PTR, but I will definitely post here if I do! Thanks for reading along! :D

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  2. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

I loved reading your summary as much as your trip!

Araminta18 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

Oooh, super fun! I'll be there then too (Epcot on the 9th) before we leave on our cruise, so let me know if you want to meet up! But no worries if not!

I used mine too as part of the Halloween decorations - we do a whole Harry Potter theme and my brother likes to dress as Snape and mix up potion drinks, so I put that on the table for ambiance!

Renting DVC is so cost affordable! I'm doing it for my next 2 trips, but I'm starting to consider if I should buy into DVC. Problem is I like being able to see other places and I know it's hard to get anything you aren't an owner at these days.

Can't wait for the Wreck It Ralph version!

100% agree! Amorette's makes the best breakfasts without them even knowing it!

I heard they are fixing it up now and could be back on parade soon! Fingers crossed!

Araminta18 likes this.
  5. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Aw, thanks! Hope you're having an *awesome* time on your trip so far :)

That'd be super fun! I'm definitely up for meeting, but I have *no* idea what my plans are yet (I'm waiting for them to announce the seminar schedule before I decide)

Oooh, awesome! that would definitely fit in with the HP theme.

Isn't it awesome? I'm a bit bummed it won't work out for my Feb trip, but oh well. As far as buying, that's kind of my opinion too--it feels like renting gives more options, as long as you're willing to do the work/accept the risk of renting.

Oooh, hopefully! That'd be awesome!

6. kclark9830

kclark9830 DIS Veteran

I'm super behind on here, it's been so busy the past few weeks! But I have loved reading about your trip, and I'm so glad you had a great time!!!

Araminta18 likes this.
  7. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed it! I had fun writing it :)

8. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Great trip report! I loved all the metrics at the end. As an accountant I live for breakdowns like that. I TOTALLY agree that upgrading (at least for one person) to the AP is a total must and I might do it now no matter what! The discounts and memory maker are just too good to pass up!

I also agree about the ddxp. DH and I considered it but with the AP discounts (and we signed up for TIW - we enjoy a few drinks here and there so it was nice to get 20% off on everything rather than 10% off) and the stress of figuring out the best strategy to eat I just don't find it worth it! Tbh Ive crunched the numbers so many times for us and it just never works out, and its more food and more tip!

Araminta18 likes this.
  9. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Aw thanks! I know I always like seeing that type of info, so glad others enjoy it too :) And yes! AP discounts for the win :D

Right? I got sucked in on our first trip, but it was so nice to just have saved up the money and ate what we wanted without having to worry about making sure it fit the dining plan. Totally agree with you!

10. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

Fantastic trip report, really enjoyed reading about all your adventures.

The BW is our favorite and I am so glad you like it. We have never even heard of the attic at the BW. We have been there so many times, how did we miss it!!

We were at US for HHN at the same time 9/18-9/21 and thought the same thing. The humidity...... it was so bad this year.

Araminta18 likes this.
  11. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I had lots of fun reliving it/not letting it end through the report :)

BW is amazing!! I'm sad I can't stay there everytime. The Attic is neat! Without that little sign for a wedding reception or dinner or something we would have totally missed it too. Worth a look next time you're there.

Right? it was *horrible* this year. Blech.

heidijanesmith likes this.