Completed Trip Report - 1st week in March

Duke07

Mouseketeer
Diving right in...
  • Stayed at the S&D which continues to provide excellent value relative to other on property resorts. The location itself makes it worthwhile.
  • Genie+ was having system issues on our 2nd day and despite being on the app at 7am, we were unable to book any of our priority attractions. Frustrating to say the least.
    • After persistent checking throughout the morning and suffering through app malfunctions, we were able to secure what we wanted, although not at our ideal times.
    • I spoke with Guest Relations about this and they gave me a canned answer about the system being down and that I was lucky to get anything at all (surprising answer given that they're usually very accommodating).
  • Crowd levels
    • HS was expectedly packed within minutes of opening (even with the early entry) and is just a tough park to navigate currently. We got in and out of there within a few hours.
    • MK crowds were moderately high and the evening hours for deluxe resort guests was great - the crowds thinned out considerably.
    • Epcot - as long as you have a ILL/LL for Remy and Frozen, the park is very manageable and easy to stack additional LLs.
  • Masks - barely saw one on anyone and what a fantastic site to behold!
  • Dining - the quality of the food seemed to dip a bit at the S&D compared to our last stay.
    • We were pleasantly surprised with our experience at BOG. Best meal of the trip and in recent memory at Disney.
    • Unfortunately, we were unable to snag a res for Space 220 and had to settle for Garden Grill, which was standard (I'm personally not a big fan of the tableside buffet format).
  • Key takeaways
    • Genie+ is still a bit of a mess and needs optimizing. However, if used strategically with rope dropping, it will eliminate time spent waiting on lines...we didn't wait on a single line over 20-30 mins the entire trip.
    • Crowds - no way around this...they're high even during the so-called off-peak periods now.
    • Extended evening hours are definitely worth it at MK.
    • I still think Enchantment has received an undeserved reputation and its ranks at the top of Disney firework shows for me.
    • The talk of Disney's demise is unfounded in my view...we had a great time again.
Happy to answer any questions about our experience last week if it would be helpful!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter