Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016* August PTR link! 5/28

ariane37

Dis veteran
Hello my Dis friends! Welcome to my 3rd TR. If you're coming over from my Nov. PTR- :wave2: I'm sure you "get" the title! If you're new over here, welcome and thanks for coming by. You guys probably don't quite get the title, but not worries I'll be explainin'!
This was our family's 2nd WDW trip during the week of Thanksgiving and while it changed a bit from our original plan, it was still a great trip and better than last years in a few ways. First things first though, let me do some introductions:

Who are we???

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7873056119_zpstjfgfbts.jpeg

Ignore the PP photographers glare on his shirt and focus on ME: I'm Ariane and my DH is Steve, and I'll send $500 to the first person who can guess which park we're in ;)
Next we have our 2 DS's, Christopher (11) and Ricky (14), Ricky being the cause for the "compromise" on this trip!

And again with the glare ball!

Where did we stay and when did we go???

We love the Epcot resorts, and after 4 stays at the Boardwalk (including a not so magical stay last Nov.) we switched it up and tried out the BEACH CLUB!

Check-in: Saturday, Nov. 19th.....AND......Tuesday, Nov. 22nd
Check-out: Saturday, Nov. 26th
In between we tried some new restaurants, waited in a couple long lines, watched fireworks from our balcony, had a couple awesome Dismeets, managed to incorporate a little (expensive) basketball into the trip, Jingle-BAMed on Thanksgiving and in general had lots of fun. But before I get to all that I'll come back and clue you in a bit on what all went down before we even left.

UP NEXT: DEPARTURE DAY! FOR SOME OF US AT LEAST

Yay for the new trip report! I've been dying to know how the rest of the trip turned out! Can't wait to read!

Following along!

Btw Josh has the same Lion King shirt as Ricky :laughing: I bought it for him and when we went to the park it seemed like every single guy in the park was also wearing it.

Hooray! Looking forward to hearing how it all went after your crazy last minute planning!

This is what happens when I take my 25 (17 of which are boys...lol) 1st graders on a field trip...I'm late to the party. Ugh! ;) Oh well. I'm here and looking forward to the whole kit and caboodle!

following along since I liked the pre trip report :)
Glad you're here and I hope you enjoy my TR just as much!

Following along too!
:welcome: Happy to have you!

Yay for the new trip report! I've been dying to know how the rest of the trip turned out! Can't wait to read!
Hey Whitney! It was very good :goodvibes I need to go comment on your PTR but I hope you're feeling better by now..............

Following along!

Btw Josh has the same Lion King shirt as Ricky :laughing: I bought it for him and when we went to the park it seemed like every single guy in the park was also wearing it.
LOL yes that shirt was ALL over the park, and Steve had it, too (Chris's is a little different). When we first got there we kept seeing boys a bit younger than Ricky wearing it AND a few teenage girls and he was NOT happy! Finally we saw some older boys and men......and more men.....and more......speaks to the popularity of Target!

Yea! You've started your TR! I'm here! :wave2:
:wave: Thanks for coming over! And I hope your Disney trip is off to a great start :santa:

Hooray! Looking forward to hearing how it all went after your crazy last minute planning!
OMG I felt like that craziness would never end :sad2: But it all worked out! A couple things that would have been better had I been able to keep my original plan but the important thing was that we were all together for most of the trip :thumbsup2

Joining in, sounds interesting and fun!
:wave: Glad to have you! Oh boy, interesting it was lol, and as always we did have fun!

Following along
:welcome: Hope you enjoy my report!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your latest trip.
Thanks Fiona! Glad you're here :)

I found you!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Yay! glad you did Kathy :thumbsup2

I'm here!! I'm here!!

Ready to read all about it!!
Hey Samantha!! I'll try to entertain you as you count down to your FIRST DISNEY CHRISTMAS :santa::banana::santa::banana:

Hi Ariane

Looking forward to your trip report loved the PTR!
Hi Tammy!!! I'm glad you found me and glad you're going to join me as I relive my trip :goodvibes

LOL yes that shirt was ALL over the park, and Steve had it, too (Chris's is a little different). When we first got there we kept seeing boys a bit younger than Ricky wearing it AND a few teenage girls and he was NOT happy! Finally we saw some older boys and men......and more men.....and more......speaks to the popularity of Target!

:rotfl: Josh wasn't happy either. He kept asking why everyone had the same shirt as him, and he told me not to pack it this time. Almost every guy we walked by was wearing it.

:rotfl: Josh wasn't happy either. He kept asking why everyone had the same shirt as him, and he told me not to pack it this time. Almost every guy we walked by was wearing it.
I bought the same one for my DH to wear in June. Oops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!