Computer "Glitch" can be pixie dust

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
Our recent land & sea trip was a celebration of my being five years cancer free. :yay: I wore my button proudly!

We had FP+ for FoP and had debated getting up early to also do it at rope drop, but decided sleep was more important. When we went into the second room, the CM came in and was saying something about numbers 1-8, but was staring at me and I was number 9, so he confused me and I started to move. He stopped me and asked if he could give me a hug for my 5 years. Well of course! After the video spiel, when he came back in, he told me to look for another CM when we finished our ride, because he wanted to give me something.

Low and behold, after our ride, we found said CM and we were given an anytime FP for FoP for that day!! :tigger:

We decided to use it immediately to avoid mixing it up with our other FP. What a rush to ride FoP back-to-back!

Now for the "glitch." After using our last FP+, we went into MDE to check for a 4th FP for that evening and noticed our anytime FP was still there. Hmmm, we all thought. Is it really still there? Let's see!! So we made our way back to FoP and we got to ride it for a THIRD TIME in one day!

Now that, my Disney friends, is definitely some real pixiedust:

So happy for your 5 year anniversary. ...and what a great way to celebrate ! Just our 1 ride on FoP was great, but 3??? WOW! You earned that and so much more by conquering your 'unwelcome guest'. Blessings on you!!

That's awesome!!! First congrats on being Cancer Free!!! Second, congrats on the extra FP pixie dust. That was so nice of him to do that!!! And the glitch! Woohoo!

I shared my Anytime FP story in another thread. Unfortunately FoP was not involved in it. LOL.

Here's my FP pixie dust/glitch story. I hope you don't mind my posting it here:

Toy Story Midway Mania broke down when we did it as our last ride of the day. We actually had already finished the ride when it broke, and we were just a few yards away from the exit. They have a whole procedure they have to do first before they let you get out, so we sat there awhile. It never moved again so we had to be evacuated on the track, which was pretty cool. To make it up to everyone, they scanned us for Anytime Fastpasses good for any park the next day. When she scanned us she had problems with her scanner so only mine showed up. We had already walked away at that point and had to head back (park was already closed but we were still in the general area). There were a few people there for the same reason. Not all got the green CHECK mark when they got scanned. She got a new scanner and re-scanned everyone but me (I wanted to be honest and told her mine showed up in the app already, even though I badly wanted another one. LOL). Then somehow later when we checked the app we got a total of 6. Not sure why 6 when it seemed like if the other three in my party got theirs twice it would have been 7 total. We actually wondered if she gave extra because we all had to go back to her again... (Especially since she tried to scan me again after I told her mine showed up in the app and theirs didn't.) Anyway... So that was SIX FPs.

Next morning I took a chance and went down to the front desk at Pop and just told a cast member what happened. I explained that now we didn't have an even amount and wondered if we could get two more to even it out. I actually thought she would say No, Sorry, but she offered to request approval for two more. She said if they got approved I would see them in the app later that day. When I checked (while at MK), we got an additional four instead of two. So now we had two extra again. We said "Oh well, that was a bonus" and we would just let our girls use them to go on whatever ride they wanted. So that was now TEN.

Then when we used them for 7DMT the FP scanners all turned green for us, but later when we checked the app we still had four Anytimes. No idea why. So that brought us up to FOURTEEN. So we used them again, and later we saw we still had three left. Not sure why only three... So anyway now we had three additional. No idea why. Maybe a glitch or the Disney gods loved us. We actually thought maybe she gave us unlimited FPs but when we checked again after we used them that was the end of it. So that was SEVENTEEN.

Then we went on Winnie the Pooh ride and it broke down before we could even get on. We were next on line. We got four more Anytimes for MK. We used them for a ride with a much longer wait time and went on Winnie the Pooh when the wait was short. So that's now at TWENTY-ONE.

I forgot we had an issue at Epcot. I went to buy popcorn while my daughter made a purchase at the Seas with my husband and other daughter. She has charging privileges on her MB. They left the store and were about 30 feet away when the cast member chased after them saying they didn't actually pay. My husband said it was somewhat embarrassing. Because my daughter didn't want a bag for her purchase (a plush) it probably looked to others like they tried to walk out without paying. The cast member insisted that kids don't have charging privileges and it didn't go through so she made my husband scan his MB even though he told her that she's been using it for over a week. Then she told him that didn't go through and he tried paying with his Disney Visa card. That didn't go through. ??? Probably because it was already paid by MB, because it did eventually show as paid and they got the plush and left. Anyway.... He told me what happened while we were waiting to meet Baymax. I checked the room charges in the app and sure enough it was charged twice. (He didn't know he could check that, and they didn't tell him.) He had to go all the way back there for the refund. The manager who saw what happened earlier helped him. He had to wait while they called Pop to reverse it. They couldn't just "refund" him for some reason. So to make it up to him the manager gave us 4 Anytime FPs for Test Track (she asked which ride he wanted).

So we actually got TWENTY-FIVE anytime FPs total.

EDITED TO ADD: Not sure if you created this thread for us all to share our stories, or if you just wanted to share yours. I REALLY don't mind deleting mine if anyone feels it's not a general thread...

Last edited:

EDITED TO ADD: Not sure if you created this thread for us all to share our stories, or if you just wanted to share yours. I REALLY don't mind deleting mine if anyone feels it's not a general thread...

LOVE your story! Would love to hear more if anyone else has them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter