• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

computer help needed

jorodopo

Mouseketeer
My mother has decided to come into the computer age. She will be using this computer to receive pictures of her grandkids (See it is related to the Photography Board ;) ) and maybe using the internet to do some shopping/mapquest/research. I don't really see her using it on even a weekly basis. What do you think are the minimum specs I should look for when getting her a computer for Christmas? Not that I don't want to be a good daughter and get her the top of the line model but :rolleyes1

I bought my daughter a Dell system last year and it has performed flawlessly. They are having a sale today (who know if it'll be there tomorrow, they have new deals all the time) where they have one at $299 (with a $50 mail-in rebate, of course ;) ).

Dell Basic Desktop Sale

This suggestion is highly dependant on your tolerance for shopping pain - Walmart will have a laptop on sale Friday for less than $400 that would be more than adequate for what you need. Best of all, when Grandma isn't using it just fold it up and stick it in a drawer.
If you're not the type to head out at 5am on "Black Friday" the computer industry magazines say that several manufacturers will offer sub-$400 laptops before Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter