Con of ordering ahead at BOG?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Is there a pro/con to ordering ahead of time at Be our Guest? Do you wait less time if you pre order (we do have an ADR)? I was exploring the pre order and notice if I select something it has a running total, my cc used for holding the ressie will not be charged correct? As in I can still pay with ddp upon arrival?

Last edited:
Ordering ahead will save a lot of time. You will confirm your selections and make any changes upon arrival. I don’t think my card was charged ahead of time and we’re more than 30 days out for our next trip. I don’t think you’re charged until you arrive.

You will bypass the line of people waiting to order. It is definitely quicker to pre-order. I have never used the dining plan but I don't think it charges you right away. I think you pay when you check it.

It is sooooo much faster to preorder. We have always preordered and breezed past the line of people waiting outside in the sun, fanning themselves with menus.

However, we went with a party of 10 in October and because the ADR was for ten we had to either all preorder and one card be charged or not. So we didn’t. And we waited in line for at least half an hour.

Thx all! I will pre order, just hope my card doesnt get charged as I want to use my dining credits;)

It doesn’t charge anything until you get there. They do give you the chance to alter your order should you need to, and we have always payed with a gift card.

It is definitely a good idea to preorder. As others mentioned, you'll breeze right past a long line of other guests. This year I was a little annoyed because they were either letting regular orders in the preorder line, or they had a lot of preorders at the same time as us, but we were directed into the building, and the line was almost to the door. Luckily it moved very quickly.
Once you get to the register, they'll confirm your order (you can make adjustments or changes if you'd like), and then you pay. It's so nice!

Yes with dining plan, cc is just to hold the reservation. Once at the podium/register inside, they’ll deduct your dining credits. If you want to, you can also preorder cupcakes to be used as snack credits if you wish. They will ask you at that inside podium if you want to use snack credits for the cupcakes. We always preorder our meals there to avoid the long kiosk line. They offer alcoholic beverages there too if you wish that’s included with the plan.

Last time I was there the couple in the line waiting to order was throwing a fit because we were all walking g in and being seated and he though we were walk ups without ADRs. I politely told him we actually did but we had pre ordered.

Also when you get in and they take the rose from you that you are given at the podium they ask if you want to make any changes and how you want to pay. Then you tap your band to pay with dining credits.

Happy to learn we can modify upon arrival. Might partake in an adult beverage but didn't want to pre-order and commit, if it's too hot out I can't day drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!