concerning ECVs

BOMM mom

Earning My Ears
My son's band will be preforming in one of the afternoon parades at the MK during Easter Break. I will be there to cheer them on. My mother would like to accompany me on the trip as well. However, she would require the use of a ECV. From the reading and research I have done, I understand you can rent these at the parks on a first come, first served basis. Is it true that the resorts do not have them for rent? I have read on this board that you can rent them ahead of time of a private vendor and they will be delivered to your hotel and you can use them during the duration of your stay. Can anyone give me some suggstions for a vendor that rents ECVs that they have had a good experience with?
Thanks

I have a disability and have rented mine from Care Medical (800-741-2282) and Walker Mobility (888-726-6837) in the past. I would recommend either one.The cost is about $30 a day. The ones at the parks cost $35 a day and are bigger and have 4 wheels kinda like a golf card. They are harder to steer and to control. If she rents from an offsite rental they will deliver the EVC to bell services at the resort. She can use it to go to the pool, and food court,restaurant, as well as the bus stop. If she is not familar with a scooter have her practice at a store before the trip.Walmart and Target as well as several stores have them for customers.
Almost all the Disney buses are accessible. I love using my EVC it gives me more independence and helps keep my pain to a minimum. I just back my EVC into the room, plug it in and I ready to go to the parks in the morning. :moped:
Have fun at Disney!

Check the Disability FAQ thread near the top of the Disability board.

CdnDisneyNut said:
Check the Disability FAQ thread near the top of the Disability board.
Yep, everything you are asking about is pretty much there.

The resorts have wheelchairs to loan on a first come, first serve basis. They don't have ECVs at the resorts.

The 3 companies that DIS posters report renting wheelchairs and ECVs from are Care, Randy's and Walker (in alphabetic order). The information about how to contact them is in the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter