Concierge differences on Magic and Fantasy

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what the differences are for Concierge on the Magic and the Fantasy. We were concierge on the Magic and I heard that the lounge on the Fantasy is much nicer. Is the deck area larger/nicer? And how is the boarding lounge in Orlando (it was kind of make-shift in NYC). Any other info appreciated. Thanks!

The lounge on Fantasy in enclosed in the middle of the 12th floor. It is a bit nicer because of the wood paneling, but it severely lacks windows compared to the lounge on Magic. The Concierge sundeck on Fantasy is upstairs from the lounge, so it has a lot more room than the current outside area on Magic (which should eventually be expanded during the next dry-dock), but, again, it is enclosed in the middle of the 13th deck without a view of the sea. We rarely see people hang out there outside of the character meets or maybe during happy hour.

When on Wonder and Magic, we spend a lot of time hanging out in the lounge or the shaded seating outside, but we find that we always go back to our suite on Fantasy with our snacks and drinks because we like to look at the sea or the port.

Other than that, the amenities are the same, including the food station and the coffee machine. They sometimes hold private concerts in the Fantasy lounge, while they use reserved public lounges on Magic and therefore only hold them during the Concierge reception.

The lounge on Fantasy in enclosed in the middle of the 12th floor. It is a bit nicer because of the wood paneling, but it severely lacks windows compared to the lounge on Magic. The Concierge sundeck on Fantasy is upstairs from the lounge, so it has a lot more room than the current outside area on Magic (which should eventually be expanded during the next dry-dock), but, again, it is enclosed in the middle of the 13th deck without a view of the sea. We rarely see people hang out there outside of the character meets or maybe during happy hour.

When on Wonder and Magic, we spend a lot of time hanging out in the lounge or the shaded seating outside, but we find that we always go back to our suite on Fantasy with our snacks and drinks because we like to look at the sea or the port.

Other than that, the amenities are the same, including the food station and the coffee machine. They sometimes hold private concerts in the Fantasy lounge, while they use reserved public lounges on Magic and therefore only hold them during the Concierge reception.

Thanks Marc. The lack of view sounds terrible. :-(

We have been in both and definitely prefer the Magic lounge. I love sitting in the chairs overlooking the adult pool area, and you can see the ocean. The Magic lounge is on deck 10, and I believe all of the concierge staterooms are on deck 8. The Fantasy lounge is really convenient if your stateroom is on deck 12. It is basically right outside your door. The Wonder lounge is supposed to be amazing, that's on my bucket list, for sure!

The concierge boarding area in Port Canaveral is a permanent and separate area. It has its own check in desks and seating that overlooks the ship. The 2 times we sailed concierge on the Magic out of Miami, the ports were different and the area was more makeshift.

The Wonder lounge is supposed to be amazing, that's on my bucket list, for sure!

The concierge boarding area in Port Canaveral is a permanent and separate area. It has its own check in desks and seating that overlooks the ship. The 2 times we sailed concierge on the Magic out of Miami, the ports were different and the area was more makeshift.
The Wonder lounge is indeed the nicest of the fleet, since it is similar to the one on Magic but it is larger, with windows on all sides, and the sun deck is on top. It’s the only lounge with fireworks views. They set the chairs at the proper angle and bring out blankets and hot chocolate when the weather is chilly.

The lounge in PC is closed off by permanent partitions and it is located just next to the Concierge and Platinum check-in desk. It gives you access to an outside viewing area shared with other passengers. It’s just a sitting area but it has a private access to the corridor leading to the gangway. There is no food, snacks or drinks offered.

We love the Wonder lounge the best as well! the Wonder concierge staff gets my vote at #1 also. Glen and G always take amazing care of our family.

Wonder is the only ship we haven't been on but...don't want to go to Alaska! Can only travel in summer.

The Port Canaveral Terminal is undergoing significant renovations - my understanding is that they are making the concierge lounge larger, but I haven't seen any details. The lack of view on the Dream/Fantasy concierge lounge and sundeck is disappointing. We have not sailed concierge on Magic or Wonder since the lounges were added - hopefully in the next few years we will. My teen daughter and I like to go to the sun deck and use the hot tub in the evening during first dinner. It's nice to be able to share a quiet space with my child. (It's not so nice when families are using the hot tub for their small children to "swim".)

I prefer the lounges on the Dream class ships because of the location. It was so easy to leave your cabin pop in and grab a coffee or drink to enjoy on your own veranda. And the outside area is so much larger. You can't see the ocean, but I go out there to nap in the sun anyway. I guess it depends what is important to you.

I know this was about the Magic but wonder if there was comments on the Wonder? Sounds like its the nicest of all? No hot tub like the Dream class though.

I know this was about the Magic but wonder if there was comments on the Wonder? Sounds like its the nicest of all? No hot tub like the Dream class though.

The Wonder has the nicest lounge and sundeck, the Dream & Fantasy have the most convenient (and hot tub) and the Magic leaves a lot to be desired.

There's also a hot tub on the Fantasy and Dream sundeck
Our kids absolutely love the hot tub on the sun deck. It was very rarely busy and they didn't have to be squished in with a ton of people like on the family pool deck. I enjoyed the quiet to be able to just read my book but we did spend a lot of time on our veranda in the room as well to watch the sea and ports. The Fantasy lounge was so nice a close having all the concierge rooms right near it. Our next cruise is on the Magic so I guess we will see how we feel the comparison is for us.

Last edited:
The Port Canaveral Terminal is undergoing significant renovations - my understanding is that they are making the concierge lounge larger, but I haven't seen any details. The lack of view on the Dream/Fantasy concierge lounge and sundeck is disappointing. We have not sailed concierge on Magic or Wonder since the lounges were added - hopefully in the next few years we will. My teen daughter and I like to go to the sun deck and use the hot tub in the evening during first dinner. It's nice to be able to share a quiet space with my child. (It's not so nice when families are using the hot tub for their small children to "swim".)

It would be great if Disney had private pools for Concierge the way some other lines/ships do. Theirs are woefully inadequate!

We have done both, Fantasy and Magic lounges, and agree with the differences noted above.

The ease of access does lend to more returning to the room on the Fantasy. On the Magic people probably stay in the lounge since most of the rooms are a little further away. If you have the right room on the Magic the experience can be similar to the fantasy. We were in 8532 right off the midship stairs/elevators and lounge access was pretty easy so we often hit the lounge and then often returned back to the room.

We have done both, Fantasy and Magic lounges, and agree with the differences noted above.

The ease of access does lend to more returning to the room on the Fantasy. On the Magic people probably stay in the lounge since most of the rooms are a little further away. If you have the right room on the Magic the experience can be similar to the fantasy. We were in 8532 right off the midship stairs/elevators and lounge access was pretty easy so we often hit the lounge and then often returned back to the room.
That is good to hear. That is the room we have booked for our B2B. We used the lounge alot on the Fantasy so I am hoping it is similar.

I bet the Wish will have one. Hopefully DCL will copy the Haven concept and have a separate restaurant, pool, bar, etc.
That would sure be nice to see Concierge get a boost with the new ships but they also don't seem to have much trouble selling them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!