Concierge on the Fantasy - what deck?

act1980

DIS Veteran
We've booked a concierge room on deck 11 with the bump out verandah. It was the last room available at the time of booking. Is this deck any good? I know the lounge is on the deck above and didn't know if that would be better?

Which deck have you stayed on and what was your experience?

You will do fine in any Concierge stateroom. Personally, we prefer staterooms on deck 12 however. Since we don’t like hanging out in the lounge on the Dream-class ships, we are always popping in and out of there to grab things to consume in our room. Being on the same deck makes that easier, but not by much.

Our main concern with deck 11 staterooms is the glass enclosure on the verandah, which we simply do not like. We feel enclosed on our balcony. That’s also a very personal feeling. It might not bother you at all.

I also prefer deck 12. Love being able to go right into the lounge and then up to the private sun deck!

We stayed on deck 11 on our first cruise. Then we chose to stay on deck 12 for all our other cruises. We prefer deck 12 because we don't like the glass enclosure on the deck 11 verandahs. But the bump out verandahs are nice. I'm sure you will enjoy the room! Yes, it's convenient to be on the same floor as the lounge, but if you need to run up one flight of steps once in a while, that'll help burn off all the treats you're grabbing. ;)

As others have mentioned, on the dream class, the veranda enclosure makes deck 11 a no-go for us. We also do a fair amount of grabbing items at the lounge and returning to the room so quick access of 12 is a bonus.

Since no one is really supporting deck 11, I’ll add the bump out veranda would be nice. Also there are plenty of people that like the decreased traffic since it is not near the lounge and almost no other foot traffic.

We've done both 11 and 12...both very quiet tho on 12 you might hear some deck chairs being dragged around above you--but on 11 you might hear some kids jumping off the bed on the floor above you--so it's pretty much a noise "wash". On 11 it's the deck with pools, coffee service etc so the elevators near concierge may be more busy. As has been said, the lounge is only one deck away so that really made no difference to us.

We stayed on deck 12 and it was amazing to be so close to the lounge to grab items or to pop up to the sun deck. I haven't stayed on 11 but with the stairs right by the front entrance to the lounge I don't think it would be much of an issue for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter