Concierge/Suite question - Oasis v. Fantasy

DISNEY hands gown.

Thanks for your comment. Would love to have you elaborate. Have you been on both lines and sailed concierge? I'm now looking at surprising hubby and bumping us up to Star Class with genie service and would love to hear from folks who have had that experience or comparable on DCL.

Thanks for your comment. Would love to have you elaborate. Have you been on both lines and sailed concierge? I'm now looking at surprising hubby and bumping us up to Star Class with genie service and would love to hear from folks who have had that experience or comparable on DCL.

I'm constantly checking for a "Going, Going, GONE!!!" Star Class deal posted by RCCL. Can't imagine anything other than an AWESOME experience.

I'm constantly checking for a "Going, Going, GONE!!!" Star Class deal posted by RCCL. Can't imagine anything other than an AWESOME experience.

I can't imagine anything other than a stellar experience on either Sky or Star class. Eagerly looking for those who have experienced either. I did check with DCL again today on the Category V I had my eye on. After hearing that I would need to put down $1300 for the deposit and it would be non-refundable DH and I decided to stick with our Oasis Grand Suite with its $1,900 cheaper price tag and $500 refundable deposit.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I can't imagine anything other than a stellar experience on either Sky or Star class. Eagerly looking for those who have experienced either. I did check with DCL again today on the Category V I had my eye on. After hearing that I would need to put down $1300 for the deposit and it would be non-refundable DH and I decided to stick with our Oasis Grand Suite with its $1,900 cheaper price tag and $500 refundable deposit.

Thanks everyone for your help!

We put a deposit on a Grand Suite when on our cruise last Nov. Only needed $200 and refundable then the next week the price went up. We have another Dream concierge coming up later this year and got that before the big price increase.

We put a deposit on a Grand Suite when on our cruise last Nov. Only needed $200 and refundable then the next week the price went up. We have another Dream concierge coming up later this year and got that before the big price increase.

We are not done with Disney by a long shot. We have been DVC members for over 15 years so will spend a few days at Poly DVC before boarding the Oasis for our anniversary next year. Then we are planning a 4 night dream cruise in either a Cat 4a or Cat V concierge in November of 2019 with some time at Disney beforehand. Disney is my happy place but I'm not a fan of non-refundable deposits for concierge level on the cruises.

Will this be your first experience in a Grand Suite? If not I would love to hear about it.

We are not done with Disney by a long shot. We have been DVC members for over 15 years so will spend a few days at Poly DVC before boarding the Oasis for our anniversary next year. Then we are planning a 4 night dream cruise in either a Cat 4a or Cat V concierge in November of 2019 with some time at Disney beforehand. Disney is my happy place but I'm not a fan of non-refundable deposits for concierge level on the cruises.

Will this be your first experience in a Grand Suite? If not I would love to hear about it.

Yes, first GS. We had an upgrade to Jr. Suite last Nov. a 7 day Eastern and just had to go GS, 7 day Western for 2018. We booked on board and then I got 2 further discounts by keeping an eye on RCCL site. Keeping an eye if June sailing gets major discount, NOT, because that would be our 45th anniversary and since we went to Jamaica for honeymoon it would be cool. As it is now we will bring supplies to the school children in Jamaica. 1997 OKW Members then Saratoga. Went on 1st and 2nd Member Cruises then decided to sell and get back into motorhome RVing AND cruising. Alaska cruise right after Western.

Yes, first GS. We had an upgrade to Jr. Suite last Nov. a 7 day Eastern and just had to go GS, 7 day Western for 2018. We booked on board and then I got 2 further discounts by keeping an eye on RCCL site. Keeping an eye if June sailing gets major discount, NOT, because that would be our 45th anniversary and since we went to Jamaica for honeymoon it would be cool. As it is now we will bring supplies to the school children in Jamaica. 1997 OKW Members then Saratoga. Went on 1st and 2nd Member Cruises then decided to sell and get back into motorhome RVing AND cruising. Alaska cruise right after Western.

That all sounds wonderful!! I am seeing we don't have to do either - Disney or RCCL - we can enjoy both! So nice to know. Can I ask if you and your family buy the beverage package? And will you all book a cabana on Labadee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter