Concourse Steakhouse-Not So Hot

Kdog

Mouseketeer
I just came back from a glorious vacation at WDW. My husband and I ate like royalty on the DDP, and I am now six pounds heavier (it was well worth it.) Every TS meal we had was fantastic (LeCelier, Le Chefs, San Angel, and Biergarten), except our meal at the Concourse Steakhouse. I had heard good things about Concourse, so my DH and I wanted to give it a try. We ate there on the 26th of December, so the crowds may have affected the food quality. However, our steaks were overcooked (both were well done although we ordered medium and medium rare) and my husband seemed to have a poor quality cut of meat (tough and gristly). I know we could have sent them back, but our waitress seemed very busy and when meat is overcooked, the chefs have to prepare another steak. Our appetizers were not very good either (my scallops were very dry), but I would have easily forgiven it if the steaks had been good.
On a positive note, the atmosphere was fun, and we had a huge, comfortable booth to ourselves. In addition, we had used the DDP, so the meal did not cost the entire 100+ dollars that the actual cost of the meal totalled. My experience may have been unique at this restaurant, but I have to say that LeCellier and Les Chefs both had better filet mignon (which is what I also ordered at Concourse.) I am not a picky eater or a "foodie", and I am very satisfied with steaks from Outback chains, etc. But we did not have a good meal at the Concourse.

Thanks for sharing you experience...sorry that happened to you! I have heard mixed reviews of Concourse so I have been skeptical of trying it. I am also into "medium rare" and I just hate when my meat is overcooked, cuz I hate that awkward feeling of sending it back knowing they have to prepare another steak for me, and also then my dining companions are eating without me, etc.

I have heard very bad things about San Angel lately (I have never eaten there, either.) You say you liked it?

I just came back from a glorious vacation at WDW. My husband and I ate like royalty on the DDP, and I am now six pounds heavier (it was well worth it.) Every TS meal we had was fantastic (LeCelier, Le Chefs, San Angel, and Biergarten), except our meal at the Concourse Steakhouse. I had heard good things about Concourse, so my DH and I wanted to give it a try. We ate there on the 26th of December, so the crowds may have affected the food quality. However, our steaks were overcooked (both were well done although we ordered medium and medium rare) and my husband seemed to have a poor quality cut of meat (tough and gristly). I know we could have sent them back, but our waitress seemed very busy and when meat is overcooked, the chefs have to prepare another steak. Our appetizers were not very good either (my scallops were very dry), but I would have easily forgiven it if the steaks had been good.
On a positive note, the atmosphere was fun, and we had a huge, comfortable booth to ourselves. In addition, we had used the DDP, so the meal did not cost the entire 100+ dollars that the actual cost of the meal totalled. My experience may have been unique at this restaurant, but I have to say that LeCellier and Les Chefs both had better filet mignon (which is what I also ordered at Concourse.) I am not a picky eater or a "foodie", and I am very satisfied with steaks from Outback chains, etc. But we did not have a good meal at the Concourse.

We had about the same experience in October. We all had poor cuts of meat. It was very disappointing, to say the least! :sad2:

-Michelle

We also did not enjoy our meal when we went in Feb. Our steaks were also overcooked, and soemwhat fatty. We also had poor service. Our waitress hardly came around, and it really wasn't too busy. I wouldn't want to return to the CS anytime soon!

A well-done fillet??? Jeez! I wonder how they managed that one:confused3 I preffer my meat medium well, and when ordering a fillet, the server always double checks w me that I dont mind if they butterfly the steak, so that it will cook propperly:upsidedow

I have to agree with you about the Concourse Steakhouse not being very good. We've eaten there many times in the past and always enjoyed our meals. We dined there in August 06 and had a terrible meal. Thee were 4 adults in our party and not one of us liked our entrees. The only part of the meal we enjoyed was one of the appetizers (the onion rings and dipping sauce).

Thanks for the review, sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. :guilty:

I hav found to have the same experience at Concourse on two different occassions. 06/05 and 05/06. Both times the steaks were over-cooked, the service was not great and I was just not impressed.

I ate there on 12/15/06. Worst steak I ever had. I also had the fillet, and it was so overcooked that it tasted like charcoal. I ordered it medium rare. I was going to send it back, but I didn't see the waitress for 20 minutes after the food arrived. We were a party of 7, so at this point, I didn't send it back because everyone else was almost finished with their meals.

I agree with you-I was disappointed too with our meal. We ate there on 12/27. My filet was WAY undercooked-ordered medium rare-I got filet tar tar-cold and pretty raw. Menu choices just "ok" nothing too exciting. Lobster bisque not as good as it used to be I think.

We were there 12/2005 and we had a really good meal then...something has changed.

Same bad experience here. Went in Sept. 05 and it was great, DH favorite meal of the week. Went back Sept. 06 and it was awful! My filet was ordered MR and came out well done. Sent it back 15 minutes later when we finally flagged down server. This time it was as Rare as it could get. Of course by this time I wasn't going to say a thing. Service was awful and waitress started taking everything off our table while DS was finishing dessert along with putting all new silverware place settings on the ledge over our table. Clearly never a bit concerned about a tip since she got her 18% on DDP. Little did she know we had been tipping $10 extra at every Restaurant since we had been getting great service. She was the only one in a week that did not get any extra tip from us.

I guess maybe we got lucky when we went in Sept. Our steak and prime rib were at least cooked how we told them to. I learned that if I wanted med-rare to ask for medium. While they certainly weren't the best we had on property, they were ok. I think the reason we keep going back is more for the atmosphere - sitting right under the monorail and such. Now once they move, we may be knocking them off our list since the "atmosphere" will be gone.

Ty

We too had a horrible experience at Concorse. I was excited to try this place because I had heard such good things. I really think being on the dining plan affected our service, although this was the only place I felt that way.

My sister's prime rib was awful, she took two bites and returned it to the waitress, saying it was no good. She asked if she could bring her something else, well, we'd already been there for an hour, the kids were all done, having dessert. So she passed. When we got the bill, she charged us. When we asked her why, she said she had eaten most of it. Now it was long gone and we couldn't prove to her that she only had 2 bites. Long story short, the manager credited my sis with her meal, but the server was irritated. I guess her tip was affected. Little did she know, had she just been cordial to us, we would have tipped her over the given 18% like we had been doing everywhere else the whole trip!

Needless to say, we will NOT be going back to the Concorse Steakhouse! It just wasn't good.

Thanks for all the Posts. I was going to book a ressie there but I think that everyone has changed my mind.

Rob

Me :jester:
DW::MinnieMo
DD8princess:
DS4:hyper:

I had already posted in another thread that we had a bad experience there in Dec 06. I heard they were going to close it.

They aren't going to close it, just move it to another location.

I'm really sorry to hear all these bad reviews. We have a ressie for April for our first night. I like my meat cooked well so maybe it will not be so bad. But if the cuts of meat are bad then I'm alittle worried. If some good reports don't start coming as it gets closer to April, I might cancel and go somewhere else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter