Condition of Magic Inside Staterooms: Decks 6 & 7

CBEW4

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
I just booked a Magic cruise in an inside stateroom. After looking at several stateroom reviews, I was shocked to read about the poor condition of many of these cabins. Reviews spoke about wet carpets, leaky ceilings, mold and mildew lingering odors. Has anyone travelled in an Inside Magic stateroom within the past year, and can speak to its condition. I am particularly interested in mid ship cabins.
Thanks!

We had midship inside staterooms on the Magic twice, deck 6, once May 2014 and once Dec 2015. Both post dry dock, anyway they were in perfect condition.
I know this was more than a year ago, it was 2 years ago most recently.
Actually we've had verandah since, and I still think the inside ones were super quiet and no motion.
6587 and 6089 were our staterooms.

We sailed in a deck 6 aft inside cabin two years ago. The cabin was fine, but not perfect. There were some minor cracks in the bathroom tile, some dirty grout, and a shower curtain that should have been tossed. The bathroom had a very mild sewagy odor, but it was very mild and it did not extend to the rest of the stateroom at all. I've since learned that the "p-trap" in the bathroom floor can get stinky if dried out, so the solution is to pour water down it.

But in general, I have read more critical reports of Magic cabins than cabins on any other DCL ship. No doubt this is because she is the oldest. But she's still a great ship and the cabins are still pleasant & comfortable. But they're not all perfect, at this age.

We stayed in 7043 (inside, mid, right around the corner from the mid stair/elevator) on the 11/11-18 cruise. It was fairly quiet. A nick or two on the tile in the bathroom. Table had what appeared to be a nail polish stain on it. Other than that we really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind booking the same room, or similar location, again.

There are always reviews like that, but I haven't ever had that experience on the Magic. A few dents and scratches maybe.

We traveled in January 2017 in 2 inside cabins on Magic. Our daughter has severe asthma. She was fine. We did not have any mold issues.

We sailed 3 times on the Magic last year, had no room issues we were on deck 6 room 6134 for 2 cruises and room 7098 for 1 cruise.

Not sure when your cruise is, but the Magic is going in for a Dry Dock in a few months. So if your sailing is anytime after February 23rd 2018 you should get new sparkly rooms.

We traveled last Jan/Feb. My daughter also has severe allergies. We had a navigator verandah room in pristine condition. Set your worries aside.

One comment. If you find things wrong in your stateroom notify maintenance. They will fix it, if a shower curtain needs replacement they will replace it. My wife gave them a list of things that needed fixing including loose safety bars in the bathroom and they were fixed and replaced. An officer even came down and apologized and thanked us for the information.

If there is broken equipment or a hazard Disney will take it seriously.

Sailed on the Magic for Christmas last month. Our inside cabin did show its age in very minor areas, but there was nothing worth complaining about. Dom kept the cabin spotless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter