CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

What happened to the rumors of the temporary show? Is that off or will they be incorporating some new elements in the old show? Any chance that the wording in the article:
"The Disney Parks Live Entertainment team is already busy creating new thrills to debut immediately following the conclusion of “IllumiNations,”" suggests that a new show element will be added to the end?

What happened to the rumors of the temporary show? Is that off or will they be incorporating some new elements in the old show? Any chance that the wording in the article:
"The Disney Parks Live Entertainment team is already busy creating new thrills to debut immediately following the conclusion of “IllumiNations,”" suggests that a new show element will be added to the end?
I believe the temporary show is off the table as that would’ve started earlier.

I love Illuminations and I'm looking forward to seeing a new show, but I'm also afraid they're gonna screw it up! I hope I'm wrong.
They did a very good job with happily ever after in MK imo, so I’m not super worried. But always some hesitancy when there’s any change in general

I'm happy I still have more time to see it. Thinking there was going to be a temporary show starting sometime this fall I was worried I wouldn't be able to ever see it again so for a quick weekend trip we saw it twice, deciding to skip Happily Ever After. I got tipsy off Margarita's in Mexico and cried while singing "we go on" our last night. Also please don't get rid of the sad goodbye song that plays after!!

I wish I agreed with you. Happily Ever After is a very poor replacement for Wishes, imho.

I feel like they had a perfect opportunity to make the fireworks a park wide viewing opportunity, but then they decided that nope, its Main Street or you miss half of it. They very much didn't need more people standing in front of the castle.

I wish I agreed with you. Happily Ever After is a very poor replacement for Wishes, imho.

I feel like they had a perfect opportunity to make the fireworks a park wide viewing opportunity, but then they decided that nope, its Main Street or you miss half of it. They very much didn't need more people standing in front of the castle.

To each their own. I find it to be a far superior show to wishes. But I do find the limited viewing opportunity to be a bit questionable. Especially since you really can’t see the projections very well from any of the resort areas

To each their own. I find it to be a far superior show to wishes. But I do find the limited viewing opportunity to be a bit questionable. Especially since you really can’t see the projections very well from any of the resort areas

I wasn't an enourmous Wishes fan, I did enjoy it, but to me Happily Ever After is nice but ultimately nothing special. The Christmas and Halloween Wishes is far superior to the other fireworks shows, the viewing area is just a huge step back especially after the New Fantasyland expansion. But Disney's best shows remain as Symphony in the Stars and the ESPN the Weekend fireworks shows.

I wasn't an enourmous Wishes fan, I did enjoy it, but to me Happily Ever After is nice but ultimately nothing special. The Christmas and Halloween Wishes is far superior to the other fireworks shows, the viewing area is just a huge step back especially after the New Fantasyland expansion. But Disney's best shows remain as Symphony in the Stars and the ESPN the Weekend fireworks shows.
I never knew ESPN the weekend had a special fireworks show. I also kinda forgot that ESPN the weekend was a thing back in the day. Guess I learned something today

Couldn't disagree more. Don't even think there's a remote comparison between them. What they were able to accomplish with HEA makes me incredibly excited for whatever they can come up with for this! Though as much as I love HEA, I hope this replacement isn't HEA part 2. But something equally as emotional would be great!

I'm glad I'll get to see it once more before it's gone. Though I am sad that it's going :( . On the same token, I'm kind of excited about what else is to come.

I agree it is time for Illuminations to go. Disney seems to be using more of the projection type effects everywhere. I'm sure it's much cheaper to project and image than using pyrotechnics in a show. I just hope they keep the pyrotechnics in whatever the new show may be and not put some cheesy projection on drones in the sky.

Martin says to expect IP in the new show. September 30th, 2019 is currently the scheduled end date. 20 years to the date.

So the removal of Wishes was announced the week after I got home from a trip and now Illuminations a week after I got home from a trip. I had planned on seeing Illuminations 3 times, but only got to see it once :(.

Luckily I am going back in Jan, so will see it at least a few times then. I'm glad they decided to give a year's notice. Didn't get a chance to watch Wishes knowing it was ending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter