CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

He hinted at it by saying that was the date the ROE premiered, but he didn't say it explicitly. I trust his information, but it's only "official" when Disney announces it.
I know just pointing out where the info came from.

I had a fall 2019 trip planned before I even heard about the end of Illuminations, and if that September 30th date is true, I'll be there to see it end. The Epcot nerd in me is excited that purely by coincidence I'll be there to see the farewell to Illuminations...but the travel planning part of me already has anxiety over how packed the park is going to be that day, lol.

We have always loved Illuminations at Epcot and want to see it again before it’s cancelled.
Does anyone know the last day? I saw online somewhere it is late summer 2019 but no date.

Also do you think it will be possible to go one night and see the last show and the next night to see the first show for the new program??

Thanks in advance - Di

I read somewhere that the last night is the last night of September 2019 and the new show will be the next night.

From what I've heard, the last night is likely to be September 30, 2019. And that the next night the new show would start. So yes, from the info out there, you should be able to go for the last Illuminations and then the new show the next night. Don't think the date has come officially from Disney yet though (they've only stated end of summer I believe) so that date could always change some.

We didn't ask specifically the timeline, but we did discuss that the next time we came would be next fall so this would be the last time we would see Illuminations.
People love to discredit boat captains and bus drivers, but wdwinfo is making posts on it...​
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-at-a-replacement-for-illuminations-at-epcot/
So our driver definitely knew a lot about a possible new show, and this was 30 days before any public info like this.

I agree. There is no way to know how big of a fan or who someone may know that they get their information from based on what job they have in the parks. The guy could have a brother in law that's an imagineer for all we know. I don't believe everything I hear but I don't discredit someone because of a lame stereotype.

Yeah I just never saw that show in person and don’t think I watched any videos of it. But I’m overall confident in their ability to create nighttime shows (I do enjoy rivers of light as well). I’m just very skeptical of IP being in this show

The drone show experiment at Disney Springs was much better in person than on video. It really was kind of amazing. I'm certain it was done more as a "proof of concept" than anything else. I'm certain they will increase the number of drones and complexity of configurations if it becomes a part of the completed, permanent show.

That said, I agree with your (and other people's) comments regarding IP. It's not needed and could potentially ruin the new show (for me).

One factor that may help keep IP limited is the fact that Disney Meetings sells Epcot as an evening experience for large convention groups. Many convention groups like to keep Mickey and his Pals off to the side. The message behind Illuminations tends to fit better into corporate meetings than the IP-intensive shows at Magic Kingdom or Disney's Hollywood Studios. Hopefully, that important market segment will help keep most IP out of the new Epcot show.

T
One factor that may help keep IP limited is the fact that Disney Meetings sells Epcot as an evening experience for large convention groups. Many convention groups like to keep Mickey and his Pals off to the side. .

Well, Mickey and his friends like to keep the conventioneers off to the side too! pirate:

wdwe234823049820349343fi (1).jpg

Among the announcements were updates on a new nighttime spectacular planned to open at the park in 2020. This new show will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world, and will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers.

wdwe098535834523434893-613x345.jpg

But before that new show debuts, there will be a limited-time experience Epcot fans will love, called “Epcot Forever,” which will debut in fall 2019 and will feature classic Epcot tunes. “Epcot Forever” will begin with a spark of imagination that swells into an epic spectacle of fireworks, music, lighting, lasers, and special effects kites.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...uty-the-beast-sing-along-announced-for-epcot/

To be perfectly blunt I’m not sure how I feel about this. I’m sure everyone knows my feelings on IP: “depends on the IP, depends on the attraction it receives.” I’m not sure how I feel about IP being integrated into this. So far I can’t help but think this is a copy of happily ever after for Epcot, but spiced up for international appeal. In my honest opinion I’ve been seeing those calling this the death of Epcot and honestly I can’t help but think it’s an extremely disgusting exaggeration of the truth (I know I’m going to get attacked viciously for that but I’m seeing those who think it’s the end of the world over this, I’m still seeing this with guardians being built!). Maybe I’ve grown up to the point where I can’t criticize an entire project two years away based off of four pieces of preliminary concept art, but I’m leaving it at that. I’m waiting to see Disney prove me wrong with this show, and I believe it’s a possibility

To be perfectly blunt I’m not sure how I feel about this. I’m sure everyone knows my feelings on IP: “depends on the IP, depends on the attraction it receives.” I’m not sure how I feel about IP being integrated into this. So far I can’t help but think this is a copy of happily ever after for Epcot, but spiced up for international appeal. In my honest opinion I’ve been seeing those calling this the death of Epcot and honestly I can’t help but think it’s an extremely disgusting exaggeration of the truth (I know I’m going to get attacked viciously for that but I’m seeing those who think it’s the end of the world over this, I’m still seeing this with guardians being built!). Maybe I’ve grown up to the point where I can’t criticize an entire project two years away based off of four pieces of preliminary concept art, but I’m leaving it at that. I’m waiting to see Disney prove me wrong with this show, and I believe it’s a possibility
@The Pho sums its up well. Epcot Forever is the Epcot Eulogy.

The 2020 show is the new direction of Epcot. Fantasy and IP no more Worlds Fair-esque.

@The Pho sums its up well. Epcot Forever is the Epcot Eulogy.

The 2020 show is the new direction of Epcot. Fantasy and IP no more Worlds Fair-esque.
Maybe because this is my generation seeing Epcot, I always interpreted it as “Disney’s discover park” and not as a showcase of technology like the worlds fairs were. That aspect was gone around the time I was born. Everything I’ve seen coming forth still aligns with the idea of “discovery” that I’ve associated with Epcot. Again I think the “eulogy” is a gross exaggeration but only time will tell how this show and Epcot forever will be

Maybe because this is my generation seeing Epcot, I always interpreted it as “Disney’s discover park” and not as a showcase of technology like the worlds fairs were. That aspect was gone around the time I was born. Everything I’ve seen coming forth still aligns with the idea of “discovery” that I’ve associated with Epcot. Again I think the “eulogy” is a gross exaggeration but only time will tell how this show and Epcot forever will be
Even the discovery aspect will be gone if the new show is any inclination. It looks like it will have incredible tech but completely Disney movie driven should be at a castle park or the studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!