Confirmed MSEP to stop and move to DL Oct. 9th

Source just said that a new nighttime parade is coming to WDW but it's not PTN and won't be there until 2018.

I'm up for something even newer than ptn. I'm sure some technology will spill over :) I do find the song catchy though so I hope they go that same direction in it's soundtrack. I also hope they don't try to go too classic with character choices and take more of the FoF approach with a nice mix of old and new.

FWIW,

Source just said that a new nighttime parade is coming to WDW but it's not PTN and won't be there until 2018.

Hopefully it was a generally reliable source, if so this is good news ... while it's tough to accept over a year without a night parade option in MK, the prospect of a brand new one is exciting.

FWIW,

I think if it's a new build and it's on the level of PTN/DreamLights then I'm okay waiting for them to build it and build it correctly. Hopefully TDO follows through with running FoF at night in the interim.

Let me just throw this out there (and I hope I'm wrong) - all the promotional material for DLP's 25th Anniversary is pushing their new parade, which includes a fire-breathing dragon. The pictures of said-dragon are straight from FoF at MK (you can even see Cinderella's Castle in the background of the pictures in the official promotional brochure). I half-way wonder if they're sending the Dragon to Paris in 2017.

Let me just throw this out there (and I hope I'm wrong) - all the promotional material for DLP's 25th Anniversary is pushing their new parade, which includes a fire-breathing dragon. The pictures of said-dragon are straight from FoF at MK (you can even see Cinderella's Castle in the background of the pictures in the official promotional brochure). I half-way wonder if they're sending the Dragon to Paris in 2017.

I would highly doubt they'd do that. It's also not the first time they've used photos from another parade for a new upcoming one, for example they used a photo from Boo to You for the new Frightfully Fun Parade at Disneyland.

I would highly doubt they'd do that. It's also not the first time they've used photos from another parade for a new upcoming one, for example they used a photo from Boo to You for the new Frightfully Fun Parade at Disneyland.

I hope this is the case - but unfortunately with TDO lately it's been anything and everything to save a buck or make a buck and if they could sell part of a parade to DLP I wouldn't put it past them. Like I said, I'm not saying this is going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Doubtful, they'd most likely build a new one.

I hope this is the case - but unfortunately with TDO lately it's been anything and everything to save a buck or make a buck and if they could sell part of a parade to DLP I wouldn't put it past them. Like I said, I'm not saying this is going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
TDO isn't going to sell a piece of their parade especially the most popular part. DLP is paying for their parade.

TDO isn't going to sell a piece of their parade especially the most popular part. DLP is paying for their parade.

I'd also like to comment that since this piece is already DESIGNED - DLP can actually make it pretty cheap. You can bet a float like that a full 25-50% of the cost is the design work.

I'd also like to comment that since this piece is already DESIGNED - DLP can actually make it pretty cheap. You can bet a float like that a full 25-50% of the cost is the design work.

These are fair points - like I said not trying to start a rumor but I was just curious on the thoughts about that. I'm glad to be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter