Confused about days of service

mjmcca

DIS Veteran
I am currently staying at SSR first trip home. I checked in on Wed and expected to get towel and trash on Sunday. I came back to the room on Saturday and had a freshly made bed. I was a little confused but what could I do at that point. Since for some reason I got Full service on day 4 I expected to get towel and trash today( 3 days later). Well nothing happened today. It isn't a big deal I don't have a lot of trash and I have been washing the towels ( we have a 1 BR)

I didn't leave a tip the other day because I wasn't expecting service that day. I did leave a tip today but no one came and I am very confused.

Your Wednesday check-in would give you your first housekeeping on Saturday, so you got it exactly when you should have.

Service is on days 4 and 8. I thought it was T&T on day 4 and a full cleaning on day 8? Anyway, if you checked in on Wednesday, you'd have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday(day4) Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday(day 8) so tomorrow you should have Mousekeeping of some kind again. I'd bet your tip would be welcome then!!

For stays of seven nights or less, trash and towel service is provided on day four. For stays of eight or more nights, a full cleaning is done on day four and trash and towel on day eight. It sounds like you are staying at least eight nights. Your first night was Wednesday so you would get a full cleaning on Saturday (day 4) and T&T on Wednesday (day 8).

Whenever you stay more than 7 nights, your first mousekeeping (day 4 ) is a full cleaning and day 8 is a trash and towel. We usually stay 10 nights, and it has always been full cleaning first and T&T last.

I think if you have any nights booked with cash it affects T&T and cleaning days because that's what has happened to us in the past.

There should be something in your room that explains the mousekeeping schedule. I think it's on a little paper "tent" that would have been standing on the kitchen table or the counter when you arrived in your room.

Hope you are having a wonderful trip!

LisaS said:
There should be something in your room that explains the mousekeeping schedule. I think it's on a little paper "tent" that would have been standing on the kitchen table or the counter when you arrived in your room.

Hope you are having a wonderful trip!
Nope nothing like that in the room.
I always have a great stay at Disney! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter