Confused about mobile order in food courts?

Louisadi

Earning My Ears
I am staying at Pop in Nov. and want to know about getting food in the food court. Do I have to mobile order there? Can you just get in line and get your food? Never mobile ordered before!

Yes, you have to use the mobile ordering for the Pop food court. It’s in the MDE app. It’s pretty easy to use. You can play around with it from home. When you are there, don’t forget to hit start preparing my order after you place your order. They will then start making your food and you get a notification that it’s ready and what station to pick it up at.

you also have to use the mobile ordering in the parks too for quick service locations

Yes, you have to use the mobile ordering for the Pop food court. It’s in the MDE app. It’s pretty easy to use. You can play around with it from home. When you are there, don’t forget to hit start preparing my order after you place your order. They will then start making your food and you get a notification that it’s ready and what station to pick it up at.

you also have to use the mobile ordering in the parks too for quick service locations
What a pain in the but. This makes this trip much more difficult.😡

It’s really not that bad. It’s pretty easy to use the app. They are trying to minimize face to face contact. The food gets boxed up into to go boxes and put into a handled brown bag with your name on it. You just grab it and go since it’s paid for when you use the mobile order. You can bring it back to your room or eat it in the tables at the food court.

I thought it was going to be bad, but it wasn’t. I bought a Disney gift card to pay for mobile orders so I wouldn’t have a bunch of charges on my credit card. If I was in my room and got hungry, I would place the order in the room and click I’m Here and walk over. Most of the time the order would appear as ready about the time I got there. If I was coming back from the parks, I would place my order as soon as I got back to the resort, click I’m Here, and check my email. The food was usually ready before I finished with email. I felt it was easier at Pop than in the parks, but I didn’t order during the breakfast or dinner rush. I felt like it was faster than standing in the physical lines.

We were at CBR 2 weeks ago. We placed our order in the room and then clicked I’m here when we were walking up to the building. It would pop up the window # by the time we got to the food court.

I thought it was going to be bad, but it wasn’t. I bought a Disney gift card to pay for mobile orders so I wouldn’t have a bunch of charges on my credit card. If I was in my room and got hungry, I would place the order in the room and click I’m Here and walk over. Most of the time the order would appear as ready about the time I got there. If I was coming back from the parks, I would place my order as soon as I got back to the resort, click I’m Here, and check my email. The food was usually ready before I finished with email. I felt it was easier at Pop than in the parks, but I didn’t order during the breakfast or dinner rush. I felt like it was faster than standing in the physical lines.
I
i am planning to use my Disney rewards visa gift card- not sure how that will work

How did you manage to apply discounts? (Passholder/tables in wonderland)
Passholder rarely, if ever, gets a discount on QS food. As for TIW I haven’t used it at any of the QS locations that give a discount for TIW yet, but there is an area on the mobile order screen to input a promo code, so there must be a TIW code. I’d ask the CM stationed outside the QS location when you get there.

It's actually much easier. We would sit in our room and look at the menu, place the order, mark that we were there, and by the time we got to the food court it was ready. No waiting, no standing there and staring at the food or menus to think about it.

The passholder discount is available with mobile order as long as you have the pass linked to your MDE account.

The passholder discount is available with mobile order as long as you have the pass linked to your MDE account.

This is new. Last week when I looked, MDE said AP and DVC discounts were not available. Because of your post, I checked again just now. It now says that AP and DVC discounts will be applied.

Thanks for this.

Steve

I'm staying at Pop and really excited to use this --- the food court can be a pain with little kids and everyone wanting different things- this should be helpful.

I think once you try Mobile Order you won't mind using it. The downside complaint seen most frequently is that you cant change your order after it is sent or add a last minute item on. Make sure to check order before sending. Another gripe is backlogs during lunch rush. Hoping WDW figures this part out.

The upside is efficiency... I like ordering before we even get there. It can be a major time saver once you get used to it.

McDonalds has mobile order too and it's great pulling into the lot, running inside, grabbing your bag and pulling back out a minute later while the drive thru is 10 cars deep. Just smile and think, "Suckers!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!