Confused about My Time Dining

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I just booked "My Time Dining" for the nights we don't have specialty dining. I chose 6:00 PM every night for the moment...

But when I look at my schedule, it says "At your leisure".

Do we have to dine at 6:00 PM or not?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know, it may be another IT glitch. When I go to my calendar it lists the specific times that I reserved with MTD.

If you open your calendar fully it shows your actual reserved time (I had chosen 5:30). When we got on board and used the Royal IQ app, it always showed the correct time, and the restaurant always had us in the computer for the correct time.
Denise

If you open your calendar fully it shows your actual reserved time (I had chosen 5:30). When we got on board and used the Royal IQ app, it always showed the correct time, and the restaurant always had us in the computer for the correct time.
Denise

"At your leisure" was written in my Calendar. But we'll see. Maybe it's just a glitch.

It's because they suggest that you make reservations, even if you have my time dining, that way you won't have to wait in a long line to get into the restaurant. You don't have to make a reservation, you can just walk up and say that you want to eat, but you may have to wait if the restaurant is already full

It's because they suggest that you make reservations, even if you have my time dining, that way you won't have to wait in a long line to get into the restaurant. You don't have to make a reservation, you can just walk up and say that you want to eat, but you may have to wait if the restaurant is already full

Yeah, I was wondering if we were getting assigned dining time when we don't pick "My time dining".

"At your leisure" was written in my Calendar. But we'll see. Maybe it's just a glitch.
Yes, that is what mine showed, but when I opened the full calendar that also showed my show reservations, it showed my dinner time each day as 5:30-7:30. On the Anthem, one dining room (American Icon) was for MTD with reservations. The restaurant next to it (Silk) was for MTD without reservations. The other two restaurants were for regular set dining.
Denise

We chose My time dining and while we prebooked the times in advance - in reality we showed up at different times. It wasn't necessary to pre- book, we never waited more than 5 min.
I remember being confused about it too.

Last edited:
Apparently, Anthem and Ovation show “at your leisure” in the calendar even when you book a specific time but if your confirming email has the specific time it will be honored. I have no personal experience with this but have read about it.

Don't worry, if you booked specific times for My Time Dining they will show up in the computer when you show up at the restaurant. With reservations, we ate in American Icon. Without reservations you eat in Silk, usually. I think if one restaurant gets too crowded, they move you to the other one. We ate in Silk once, even with reservations.
Denise

Don't worry, if you booked specific times for My Time Dining they will show up in the computer when you show up at the restaurant. With reservations, we ate in American Icon. Without reservations you eat in Silk, usually. I think if one restaurant gets too crowded, they move you to the other one. We ate in Silk once, even with reservations.
Denise

I booked times but so far, I have no idea when the shows are playing at night... Which is the reason why I might have to change my time of dining.

If you book my time dining are you still going to be seated with others or will you just be with your own party?

If you book my time dining are you still going to be seated with others or will you just be with your own party?

You will be seated with how ever many you tell them when you arrive at the restaurant.
They ask how many, you say 2 they will sit you at a table for 2.

We had My Time Dining recently on Anthem, and I had made reservations for every day at 5:30. When we got to the podium they asked if we wanted a table for 2 or wanted to share. We always said we wanted to share and sat with different people each night. We were usually at a table for 6 or 8.
Denise

We had My Time Dining recently on Anthem, and I had made reservations for every day at 5:30. When we got to the podium they asked if we wanted a table for 2 or wanted to share. We always said we wanted to share and sat with different people each night. We were usually at a table for 6 or 8.
Denise

We were never asked if it was just us or if we wanted to share... only how many. Wish I knew we could have shared a table, we would have liked that.
They would just ask sometimes where our 8 YO son was and we’d say in the Adventure Ocean of course ;)

The first night we planned to ask, and heard the couple in front of us ask to share. When we got there, the hostess asked us if we wanted to share, and we sat with the people in front of us in line.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!