Confused Re: River Belle Fantasmic Upgrade Pkg

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
I called a few days ago & switched our BB fantasmic pkg to the 8 pm River Belle Terrace so that we would have seats for the show. Realize they may not be optimal view but the idea of again sitting on ground, padding or not, just not appealing to me this go ‘round.

I am confused though. The first CM I spoke to when making the reservation indicated that we have the package booked but that I would want to:

“walk back there when they open to request a table”

We have a character meal booked that overlaps when the River Bell opens for business. Really don’t won’t to rush back there if it’s not essential.

I called back and spoke to another CM. She said people used to be able to call into reservations the day of @ 7:00 am and request a specific table location but didn’t think they accept the requests any longer. She knew nothing of asking at the venue earlier in the day for a specific table.

I assume that either near the railing or in center of seating area would be preferred choice, if I do have one to make. Was told by both CMs you cannot make requests when making the reservation.

Did eat lunch at RB a few years ago and sat on the terrace but didn’t pay specific attention as to how it was oriented as to the lagoon. Since I have a small child in party, would like to try & obtain a good site line.

FYI - From my DL account, this is how the reservation shows:

River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Premium Dinner Dining PackageWednesday, August XX, 2019 (8:00 PM, Special)

I called a few days ago & switched our BB fantasmic pkg to the 8 pm River Belle Terrace so that we would have seats for the show. Realize they may not be optimal view but the idea of again sitting on ground, padding or not, just not appealing to me this go ‘round.

I am confused though. The first CM I spoke to when making the reservation indicated that we have the package booked but that I would want to:

“walk back there when they open to request a table”

We have a character meal booked that overlaps when the River Bell opens for business. Really don’t won’t to rush back there if it’s not essential.

I called back and spoke to another CM. She said people used to be able to call into reservations the day of @ 7:00 am and request a specific table location but didn’t think they accept the requests any longer. She knew nothing of asking at the venue earlier in the day for a specific table.

I assume that either near the railing or in center of seating area would be preferred choice, if I do have one to make. Was told by both CMs you cannot make requests when making the reservation.

Did eat lunch at RB a few years ago and sat on the terrace but didn’t pay specific attention as to how it was oriented as to the lagoon. Since I have a small child in party, would like to try & obtain a good site line.

FYI - From my DL account, this is how the reservation shows:

River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Premium Dinner Dining PackageWednesday, August XX, 2019 (8:00 PM, Special)
We’ve done this package twice and both times the tables were preassigned so it really didn’t matter how early we checked in. The first time we were in the back row and the second time we were along the railing.

thanks for the reply. :scratchin Why the CM’s would tell me otherwise (Call or stop by that am)?

thanks for the reply. :scratchin Why the CM’s would tell me otherwise (Call or stop by that am)?
Phone CMs are not always known for their accuracy. I guess you could try calling if you wanted but in my own experience and from talking to others as well the tables are already assigned. FWIW, when we were in the back row they did allow us to shuffle around a bit once the show started so we could see better and our view was just fine.

Phone CMs are not always known for their accuracy. I guess you could try calling if you wanted but in my own experience and from talking to others
Apparently, it applies on both coasts

Can’t hurt to call, with time difference will long be up anyway

I noticed that the tables had family name cards in place when we arrived for our reservation. If I recall correctly, I made the reservation about 6 weeks prior to the date. No mention was made about table requests by the CM. I felt like we hit the jackpot when they seated us by the rail.

It seems like they seat those that called first at the best tables
I thought that as well but ours was the opposite. When we were seated in the back I’d booked as soon as reservations opened and when we were seated at the railing I had booked way later because we couldn’t decide if we wanted to do it again. Who knows with Disney!

We just did this package and I will do it every time we go to DL now. Our table was reserved when we got there and we were running late to check in. I had booked the package for the view and seats however it was one of the best meals of our trip.

We just did this package and I will do it every time we go to DL now. Our table was reserved when we got there and we were running late to check in. I had booked the package for the view and seats however it was one of the best meals of our trip.

Where were y’all seated?

CMs always give out incorrect information over the phone. Drives me crazy! Having done both these packages (BB and RBT upgrade) I highly recommend you watch a couple YouTube videos that show the possible views from RBT. We had a pretty terrible view. Still a fun experience but not how I would recommend someone see F! When I went back recently I did the BB package and not only was the food amazing but the view for the show was incredible! I thought my husband, who has back problems and wasn’t thrilled with the idea of sitting on the ground, really enjoyed it! Just something to think about!

We did the premium package once. Had a pretty crappy view and I wouldn’t do it again unless there was a reason the ground seating wouldn’t work for someone in your party. I much prefer the upfront and center option with Blue Bayou.

We got one of the larger tables at the railing. It was just the 2 of us and I felt a little guilty when I saw a family of 4 at one of those tine 36” round table.

scrappinsandie said:

Where were y’all seated?
Apologies for the huge delay in responding. The end of our trip was interrupted by the death of my father back home and since my return we have been occupied with that. We were sitting along the front railing, closest to the river right in the middle.

Apologies for the huge delay in responding. The end of our trip was interrupted by the death of my father back home and since my return we have been occupied with that. We were sitting along the front railing, closest to the river right in the middle.

I am so sorry about the loss of your father! ☹️ :hug:

I am sorry for you loss. Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!