Confused

roberthodgson

Earning My Ears
Ok I have to admit it I can not get my head around how DVC works if we buy 100 points at the current 188.00 per point its $18800.00 plus the monthly maintenance charge what does it cost me the second year or do I automatically get 100 points a year simply by paying the maintenance charge per month.

If we get 100 points a year by paying the maintenance fee I really wish we signed up years a go :)

Sounds right to me
The 100 points expire if they’re not banked (for up to a year)

Yep, you get a 100 points a year on your UY and fees must be paid either monthly or in one lump. With 100 points you could travel with up to 300 pts if you bank and borrow.

Ok I have to admit it I can not get my head around how DVC works if we buy 100 points at the current 188.00 per point its $18800.00 plus the monthly maintenance charge what does it cost me the second year or do I automatically get 100 points a year simply by paying the maintenance charge per month.

If we get 100 points a year by paying the maintenance fee I really wish we signed up years a go :)
When you purchase, you pay the upfront fee (in this case $18,800) + 1 year of maintenance fees ($831). Next January you would pay the maintenance fees again of $831 (keep in mind they usually rise somewhere between 2 - 7% every year).

Every year on your Use Year date, you would get an additional 100 points. This will continue until the contract expiration. So basically, you make the large payment once, and then just pay the maintenance fees every year. You continue to get the points every year.

This is the basic way things work. There is a lot to learn though before jumping in. I'd read these boards for a while to understand the different options and naunces involved with buying DVC.

I pay my maintenance fees for the whole year in Jan., but you can set up automatic monthly withdrawals if you prefer 12 smaller payments throughout the year rather than one big payment right after Christmas.
If you buy your contract directly from DVC/Disney they prorate your first years maintenance fees based on when you buy and how many months are left in the year. For example if you buy mid year you’ll only pay half the full year’s maintenance fees that first year.
Here’s a link show MF increases through the years https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...content/2494-historical-annual-dues-by-resort

Last edited:
Just to clarify, you get all your points when you buy. Each UY, you have a new set of 100 points to use and book reservations. Your 100 points are valid for stays for one UY, unless you bank them. In that case, you extend the life by one more year.

If you want to book a trip that takes more than 100 points, you can also borrow up to 100 points from your next UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!