• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confusion re magic bands from UK?

Ninabeano

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We booked our trip back in April so were given the option to choose free magic bands for our trip in September, which we did.

Then WDW announced that any trips booked after June would no longer receive magic bands. We then amended the dates on our trip to take advantage of an offer (but our original reservation was made before this magic band cut off date). However after we amended our booking we then lost the free magic bands but were able to choose plain colours for $5 each which was ok.

Logged in yesterday to look at upgrading our bands and this option has been removed. We no longer have any options to pay for bands at all. I have heard that the US visitors still have this option.

Is anyone able to confirm whether this is the case for those in the US please?

I feel well and truly messed around. Are they purposely trying to remove every bit of magic that comes from staying on property? I accepted I might have to pay for the bands, but now it appears that we have to go to a store, buy the band and then get them linked to our rooms, CC etc. Such a faff compared to collecting bands at the front desk on arrival and being ready to go. Sorry to rant, but this has proper wound me up. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter