Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!

Welcome to all old and new friends joining in on this report, I can't wait to share all our adventures with you! For those of you that don't know us, I'm Susan. A 53 year old mom of three young men, kindergarten educator and lover of all things Disney. My hardworking husband, Bill, celebrated his 57th birthday in Disney this trip. Bill convinced me to take the boys on a Disney trip ten years ago, little knowing he would create a life long Disney addict!

IMG_4790 (1).JPG

So come on in and sit right down, it's time to hear a story. A story of two best friends who decided to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary at their favourite place in the world. Read all about two fabulous resorts, 10 days of pixie dusted Disney happiness, wonderful food, our first DAH, Keys to the Kingdom, lounge afternoons, poolside relaxing and more!

If you would like to hear about all the plans leading up to this lovely trip, please click https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...y-19-anniversary-ptr-completed-06-29.3727343/.

Last edited:
Bread service is the best meal ever or why starting your trip with lunch at Sanaa is always a good idea!

We were up bright and early to make our way to the airport, being me I really did not sleep much the night before as I was so excited to be heading to my happy place! Luckily crowds were low at Pearson this morning and we made it through security and customs easily. After a mandatory Starbucks stop, we made it to our gate. Unfortunately we were delayed by almost an hour once on the plane, as there were many passengers on connecting flights who were dealing with clearing customs. Once we got in the air, we had a very pleasant flight and soon arrived to an empty Magical Express line. We were on our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge!
IMG_4470.JPG

Before you knew it, we were passing under this iconic sign..... I was home!!!
IMG_4475.JPG
We shared the bus with guests going to Coronado Springs so it was pretty nice to get a close up view of the new Gran Destino tower. Next up was our arrival at Jambo House and I was so thrilled to be back there. Once we arrived, we took in the beautiful lobby and went to see if our room might be ready. We relaxed in the lobby for a bit, then headed over to catch the shuttle to Sanaa for lunch. We only waited a few minutes for our table and were soon appraising the menu. Bill was pretty happy to be on vacation. :)
IMG_4476.JPG
We decided to go with the absolutely delicious African Star Mojito. These went down very well and were a great way to kick off our vacation!
IMG_4477.JPG
I was a happy girl with a beverage in hand as we sat and relaxed.
IMG_4479.JPG

We decided to go with the bread service to start....I mean is it even possible to go to Sanaa and not get the bread service?? I really don't think so.

IMG_4480.JPG

I absolutely adore the tamarind, the coriander chutney and the garlic pickle. It was all so good! As we didn't want to feel stuffed to the eyeballs on our very first Disney meal, we decided to share an entree. We went for the Potjie inspired with butter chicken, cilantro coconut vegetables and basmati rice. This was excellent and just the right size after devouring all the naan!

IMG_4481.JPG

While we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, we saw desserts being delivered to the table next to us and decided to share one ourselves. We went for the triple chocolate African mousse which was creamy and delicious without being overpoweringly sweet. A perfect way to end our meal!

IMG_4482.JPG

After settling our bill, we decided to stroll back over to Jambo house and see if our room was ready. We were ready to settle in and get ready for a fun evening at Epcot!

I'm here and so excited to read about your 20th anniversary trip! Your intro photo is wonderful; that pink dress is beautiful and looks so fitting in front of the Epcot Eiffel Tower. :goodvibes

It's nice to hear you didn't overdue it on your first meal. Sharing an appetizer, entree and dessert was probably the smartest way to go. It allowed you to try a little bit of everything!

I'm here and so excited to read about your 20th anniversary trip! Your intro photo is wonderful; that pink dress is beautiful and looks so fitting in front of the Epcot Eiffel Tower. :goodvibes

It's nice to hear you didn't overdue it on your first meal. Sharing an appetizer, entree and dessert was probably the smartest way to go. It allowed you to try a little bit of everything!
Yay! So glad you are here. :goodvibes It was the loveliest trip and I just can't believe how fast 10 days went by. Thank you for the compliment on my dress, I was doing a Disneybound that night. Any guesses?
following along.
:welcome:and thanks for following along! You must be getting so excited for your own anniversary trip coming up so soon! :)

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip! DH and I celebrated our 25th in the World in 2016. It was amazing!

Haven't read a darn thing... but I'm subscribed now and will be back later. :)

I'm Susan.

Hi Susan! I'm absolutely joining in for your adventure!

IMG_4790 (1).JPG

What a beautiful photo!

We were on our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Lucky ducks, the best resort ever!

We decided to go with the absolutely delicious African Star Mojito. These went down very well and were a great way to kick off our vacation!

Excellent choice, so light and refreshing.

I mean is it even possible to go to Sanaa and not get the bread service?? I really don't think so.

Absolutely not!! That would be doing Sanaa wrong!

We went for the Potjie inspired with butter chicken,

Perfect choice! That butter chicken is just so comforting.

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip! DH and I celebrated our 25th in the World in 2016. It was amazing!
:welcome:, thank you for reading along! Where did you stay on your anniversary trip? We had so much fun celebrating our 20th in our happy place! :)
Haven't read a darn thing... but I'm subscribed now and will be back later. :)
:welcome:, always happy to have another Canadian along for the ride! :goodvibes
I'm joining in. I love a good anniversary celebration. You have started it off right.
:welcome:, I am glad you are here! Lunch at Sanaa certainly was a perfect way to start off our trip.
Hi Susan! I'm absolutely joining in for your adventure!

What a beautiful photo!

Lucky ducks, the best resort ever!

Excellent choice, so light and refreshing.

Absolutely not!! That would be doing Sanaa wrong!

Perfect choice! That butter chicken is just so comforting.
:welcome:Kara! So happy you are here! Thanks for the sweet comments on our photo.....I was Disneybounding this night, can you guess who? We adored AKV, it is one of my favourite resorts. Lunch at Sanaa was so, so good. I dream about that bread service, lol!

Last edited:
Hi Susan! I wouldn't miss this amazing celebration for the world.

Looks like a great start to your trip. And you said it perfect bread service and mojitos are definitely the best way to start a vacation! Can't wait to hear more

Hi Susan! I wouldn't miss this amazing celebration for the world.

Looks like a great start to your trip. And you said it perfect bread service and mojitos are definitely the best way to start a vacation! Can't wait to hear more
Thanks Kari!! :hug: So happy you are here! I really couldn't have asked for a better start to our trip.
Popping over from your PTR . Looking forward to reading more
:welcome:, thanks for joining in!
We stayed at AKL--Kidani village (renting point from my brother in law)! Loved it!
Isn't AKL lovely?? We stayed at Jambo, rented points as well but are seriously considering DVC.
Oh I am definitely here!!! What a lovely start to your anniversary trip :goodvibes

Stunning :goodvibes
Hi Tracy!! So happy you to have you along! :hug: We had a wonderful time......is it wrong that I want to plan another trip already??

I'm Susan. A 53 year old mom of three young men, kindergarten educator and lover of all things Disney.
:wave:
Bill convinced me to take the boys on a Disney trip ten years ago, little knowing he would create a life long Disney addict!
:laughing: Isn't that always the way?
"Disney?... Never been... Sure. I guess so. Whatever."

(later)

"When are we going back? When? When? WHENNNNNNN?????"
So come on in and sit right down, it's time to hear a story.
A tale of a fateful trip?
A story of two best friends who decided to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary at their favourite place in the world.
:love:
Awww.... :)
being me I really did not sleep much the night before as I was so excited to be heading to my happy place!
Pretty sure you're not alone in that.
Luckily crowds were low at Pearson this morning and we made it through security and customs easily.
Been there too often. Wish there were more direct YWG - MCO flights.
Or that they were affordable.
Unfortunately we were delayed by almost an hour once on the plane, as there were many passengers on connecting flights who were dealing with clearing customs.
Whoops! That was me! Sorry!
Before you knew it, we were passing under this iconic sign..... I was home!!!
:goodvibes
Such a great way to start a vacay.
Bill was pretty happy to be on vacation. :)
I was a happy girl with a beverage in hand as we sat and relaxed.
You both look pretty happy! :)
We decided to go with the bread service to start....I mean is it even possible to go to Sanaa and not get the bread service?? I really don't think so.
::yes::
That looks great!
:welcome:, always happy to have another Canadian along for the ride! :goodvibes
:goodvibes

Isn't that always the way?
"Disney?... Never been... Sure. I guess so. Whatever."

(later)

"When are we going back? When? When? WHENNNNNNN?????"
Me before our 1st trip ~ "Disney is so overrated, corporate blah, blah, blah. We can take the boys once" Me during our 1st trip ~ Wishes everyone in sight a magical day while skipping down Main Street USA. Randomly cries watches the Main Street Trolley show, during fireworks or any moment really. Thinks all food tastes better Mickey shaped. Starts plotting out how we will afford our next trip......
Been there too often. Wish there were more direct YWG - MCO flights.
Or that they were affordable
Affordability and air travel from Canada do not go hand in hand.... :(
You both look pretty happy! :)
We sure were!
I'm here, Susan! :) Just settling in to read now. :hug:
Yay Liesa!! Happy you are here, my friend. :goodvibes
So happy!! That's the look of contentment and excitement combined!
Pretty much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!