Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

Starting the day with more impromptu plans!

We woke up earlier than expected this morning and didn't have any plans until the afternoon when we heading over to the Grand for afternoon tea. We hadn't got to see Mike and Sully when we were at Hollywood Studios on Friday and I really wanted to meet them. So we decided to hop over for the morning and see what we could do. The crowds were so heavy for rope drop this morning but we persevered and made our way through. We headed straight over to One Man's Dream and enjoyed walking through the exhibits and doing a little Hidden Mickey hunting as we went through. Can you spot the Hidden Mickeys here?
IMG_4727.JPGIMG_4728.JPG

We made our way down to check on the line up for Mike and Sulley and were happy to see they were just starting the line. We hopped into the first spot and were soon being led on to the laugh floor. This was such a fun meet!!
IMG_4736.JPG
We checked on wait times for Tower of Terror but it was so busy this morning. Instead we decided to head down to check out the Incredibles area and try one of the Jack Jack num num cookies. Ours was so fresh, warm and gooey. We really enjoyed it but this is a HUGE cookie and definitely shareable.
IMG_4729.JPG
There was a photopass photographer across the way with a bunch of props so we went over there and had fun playing around with the signs.
IMG_4738.JPG

Luckily there was a super short wait for Edna Mode, so we hopped over there next. Edna was awesome and made a huge fuss over our anniversary buttons, insisting that we posed for a special picture with her.
IMG_5355.JPG

We headed over to Star Tours next as the app said it was only a 20 minute wait but when we got there it was actually 40 minutes and we just weren't feeling it. The Star Wars stage show was just starting so we found a shady spot and watched it before heading out. We had a super yummy tea to get ready for!

I love your hidden Mickey finds! I always look and have minimal success haha!

I love you pictures with the characters, it looks like you all were really enjoying yourselves!

I wish I had that cookie with my coffee right now, yum!!

Character mornings in the parks can be a fun way to spend your time. Honestly, meeting Mike and Sully and posing with fun Incredibles props was probably just the thing to do before an afternoon tea. Rather than ride a bunch of intense attractions and then have to switch into a calmer mindset.
Besides, your PPs turned out wonderful, and I love your Mondays are Evil shirt.

I love your hidden Mickey finds! I always look and have minimal success haha!

I love you pictures with the characters, it looks like you all were really enjoying yourselves!

I wish I had that cookie with my coffee right now, yum!!
I have felt the same way about that cookie many times! I actually have brownies in the oven right now for Friday treat at work, yum! We had a super fun morning. :) I have one of the Hidden Mickey books and they do give hints which make it a little easier.
Character mornings in the parks can be a fun way to spend your time. Honestly, meeting Mike and Sully and posing with fun Incredibles props was probably just the thing to do before an afternoon tea. Rather than ride a bunch of intense attractions and then have to switch into a calmer mindset.
Besides, your PPs turned out wonderful, and I love your Mondays are Evil shirt.
Thanks so much! I knew I had to have that shirt as soon as I saw it, lol! It really was a perfect morning. :goodvibes

Bill believes in the happy wife, happy life theory so he was quick to agree.

I need to find a man that believes this!

IMG_4683.JPG

Fellow cat lady! Love how Simba is front and center, that really is great placement!

I watched HGTV

The best channel to watch on vacation, hands down!

We had some time to kill before our PPF FP so we decided we would try our hand at Hidden Pascal hunting. This is great fun and was much trickier than you might think. Here a few we found....I think we managed 8/10.

Pascal hunting is so fun! They definitely made some of them fairly tricky, too!

This was the first time I ever saw the Hidden Mickey in the moon over London so I was happy about that.

Oooh I'll have to look out for this!

Well during the show, they were just in awe! It was the best thing ever... they were jumping up and down, laughing, shouting in delight. I had tears in my eyes watching their reaction...it was precious!

Awww that made me tear up just reading it. Love the reaction of kids during HEA, especially how you can hear all the kids get excited during the Moana section.

We tried the crispy oysters

That sounds fabulous!

Ours was so fresh, warm and gooey. We really enjoyed it but this is a HUGE cookie and definitely shareable.

I think freshness must make a huge difference... mine was good, but was a bit hard. Think it had been sitting there too long!

This is the best picture! Perfect for an anniversary trip

we decided to head down to check out the Incredibles area and try one of the Jack Jack num num cookies. Ours was so fresh, warm and gooey. We really enjoyed it but this is a HUGE cookie and definitely shareable.
Holy cow! I couldn't believe how big that cookie was until I actually saw it in person last week!

It felt so rushed to me and I couldn't really face turning around so quickly to head out again. So I said to Bill "How would you feel about going to Magic Kingdom tonight instead?" I hadn't seen HEA at the park yet this trip and I was really missing it. Bill believes in the happy wife, happy life theory so he was quick to agree. So I cancelled all our FPs (including one for FoP) and made new ones for MK
I really wish Disney could be more like this. Between FPs and Dining reservations (which we barely make) I feel like so much of the spontaneity is gone. Glad it turned into such a wonderful night.

We headed over to Magic Kingdom around 6:30, having snagged FPs for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and IASW. I was happy to see my name as we left IASW....always fun!
IMG_4684.JPG
Pretty decent FPs for last minute

And of course I cried, during the Hercules section.... to be there with Bill, celebrating 20 years of our Happily Ever After....well, it was just perfect!
How special. Glad you both got to experience this together

We tried the crispy oysters and edamame, Bill had a G&T and I went for the Black Cherry Mule. It was a perfect ending to an awesome night!
Oh I love the oysters at Geyser Point. Any day that ends here and starts with CG brunch is a perfect day in my book!

❤ ❤ ❤

Pascal hunting is so fun! They definitely made some of them fairly tricky, too!
We had a lot of fun with it!
Awww that made me tear up just reading it. Love the reaction of kids during HEA, especially how you can hear all the kids get excited during the Moana section.
Me too....it's so sweet!
This is the best picture! Perfect for an anniversary trip
Thanks! I really love it too. :)
What a great start to your day! I love the photo opps! :thumbsup2
Thanks Tracy, we had so much fun!
Holy cow! I couldn't believe how big that cookie was until I actually saw it in person last week!
I know, right?? It was so good too!
Great trip report! thanks for sharing.
:welcome: , thanks for joining in!

I know I super behind here, but all caught up now! Just a couple of quick quotes and now that I"m back, I'll be better at reading regularly. :)

I can, I can!!

So, SO cute!! I love this!
Welcome back!! So looking forward to hearing all about your latest adventures! That picture is one of my favourites too!
2 great character meets to start your day! Great pics!
It was a fun way to start our day....I love spur of the moment plans!

Interrupting this TR for a Christmas in Disney PTR!!

Yes, that's right.....in 66 short days I am boarding a plane to my happy place to see and do all things Christmas! Some of you may remember that I was supposed to go for a pre-Christmas trip last year but then my beloved aunt Shirley became ill and passed away. My Disney trip was put on the backburner and I was fortunate enough to spend time with one of the most important people in my life, exactly when she needed me to be there.

When I returned from our anniversary trip this summer it didn't take long for PDD to set in. And we all know the only way to combat PDD is to book another trip! So this trip was born.......here are the deets!

When: December 13th - December 16th, 2019
Where: Pop Century (great AP rate, also my first time at a value)
Why: Christmas + Disney = My two favourite things!

December 13th:
Super late arrival ~ 11:30 pm as I fly out at 8:00 pm

December 14th:
Epcot Festival of the holidays! I am looking forward to the Storytellers, Festival of the Holidays food booths, Cookie trail, and all the Christmas decor!

ADR at Rose and Crown for the Candlelight Processional show (8:15) with Gary Sinise as narrator.

Tour Epcot area resorts for all the Christmas beauty!

December 15th:
Brunch at Homecoming and Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs.

Bus to Wilderness Lodge to see it all done up for Christmas. Then boat to Contemporary to check out their Christmas decor, monorail to the Poly (possibly stopping at Tambu for bread pudding and a bevvie) and walk over to the Grand to see the Gingerbread House!

MVMCP!!!!

December 16th:

Breakfast at Sanaa. Tour AKL Kidani and Jambo for Christmas decor.

Animal Kingdom Park for the day until Tragical Depress pick up at 4 pm.

All suggestions and ideas welcomed from WDW Christmas veterans. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter