CONGRATULATIONS RAPTORS!!!

I’ll be there as I work from home. Think I’m going to keep the 5 year old off school to bring him too. (Will also have two 3 year olds). Hubby not sure whether to take the day off work to go or not.

I wouldn't say Disney ruins other vacations for me. Other trips I take have different goals and different expectations. I'm up for quirky (usually century old) hotels in other places. But when I'm at Disney I have a certain expectation there. I'm seldom disappointed.
I think so. People get caught up in it as fans and media start hyping up the possibility of "this could happen". I don't mind it, never have, with a couple of exceptions that I won't get into.
Does anyone know how my post about Disney ruining other vacations end up in the the Congratulations Raptors thread? Weird.

I wouldn't say Disney ruins other vacations for me. Other trips I take have different goals and different expectations. I'm up for quirky (usually century old) hotels in other places. But when I'm at Disney I have a certain expectation there. I'm seldom disappointed.
Does anyone know how my post about Disney ruining other vacations end up in the the Congratulations Raptors thread? Weird.
I’m guessing you have previously used the “+quote” and had added it to your clipboard.

The crowds at the parade are crazy!! Thankful to be watching from home but it sure is an exciting day!!!

Attachments

• 122E534F-3430-406A-8883-8FF9F3C03BAC.jpeg
    122E534F-3430-406A-8883-8FF9F3C03BAC.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I hear you. Currently 2:30 - they were supposed to be at Nathan Phillips Square at 12:30. Don't think I'd be home until midnight if I was there..

Yup I was thinking of going down and am glad that I changed my mind and stayed home and watched on the TV. My friend works down at Brenmar and has sent some photos of the Raptors and the snowbirds. She can see it from her office window.

There was apparently a shooting nearby. Some office buildings (including the one my wife works in) on lockdown.

Proud Mama here--youngest son graduated from Ryerson University today!!
YEP right in the middle of the Raptors parade. My heart did a flip flop when I heard that 1-2 million people were going to Toronto on the same day I was.
I told him I am only coming to Toronto because I love you.
Yikes guys it was crazy,,standing room only on Go Trains and Subways.
Some Subways were shut down due to capacity.
We ended up ditching the Go Train home and headed west to the Kipling Station and then took an Uber home.
Great ceremony (convocation) and nice reception afterwards,,and we went to *Frans* after to get our famous milkshakes.
Crazy day and I'm ready for bed.
Go Raptors!!!!
Hugs
Mel

We were at York and Bremner, far away from the scary scenes at Nathan Philips square, but even where we were you could see potential for trouble. There was zero crowd control meaning the parade itself made painfully slow progress which rose tempers, add in the sun and the drinking in the streets and things were starting to bubble. We were very lucky where we were. We had a wall to perch on and a tree for shade.

My kids nearly lost their tiny minds waiting though. I live a 15 min walk away and we were expecting to be home in time for lunch. Ended up being there from 8.45 to 1.45. Luckily we had snacks for the kid’s but by the end they all really needed to pee and there was no way for us to get them out until the crowds dispersed.

I’ve heard from people who were at Nathan Philips square that it was very scary. Lost kids, potential for crush, honestly I think things could have been way worse. Loads of people were taken away on stretchers after collapsing from heat exhaustion.

We were at York and Bremner, far away from the scary scenes at Nathan Philips square, but even where we were you could see potential for trouble. There was zero crowd control meaning the parade itself made painfully slow progress which rose tempers, add in the sun and the drinking in the streets and things were starting to bubble. We were very lucky where we were. We had a wall to perch on and a tree for shade.

My kids nearly lost their tiny minds waiting though. I live a 15 min walk away and we were expecting to be home in time for lunch. Ended up being there from 8.45 to 1.45. Luckily we had snacks for the kid’s but by the end they all really needed to pee and there was no way for us to get them out until the crowds dispersed.

I’ve heard from people who were at Nathan Philips square that it was very scary. Lost kids, potential for crush, honestly I think things could have been way worse. Loads of people were taken away on stretchers after collapsing from heat exhaustion.

Thanks for the report. Glad you made it home safely. Those crowds looked horrendous.

On a positive note, traffic was lighter then usual for me getting to work since so many people took the day off and headed downtown.

Remember when they beat the Orlando Magic in round 1? That was awesome!

My 5 year old still talks about it. If he’s getting the 3 year old to play basketball with him, he always makes her be them while he’s the Raptors. He doesn’t even know who they beat to win the tournament, he only talks about “the magic”.

DH and I are headed to DL September 24th, and then are driving the coast to fly home from San Francisco. Before we ditch our rental car in SF, the plan is to drive across to Oracle so we can take photos of where the Raptors won it all, in the last game at Oracle Arena. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!