Connecting a points reservation with a cash reservation

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
I have a 5 night dvc reservation in a studio at the Beach Club for early December and just added a cash room for the 6th night. Is there anyway I can combine them so I don't have to switch rooms for the last night?

Did you book through MS or cash through the Disney site? If MS, it should be easy to link them.

If cash through Disney, then you have to ask each to have them list “traveling with” and the reservation number and that it is a continuous reservation,

When you check in, remind the front desk so that they know. You may have to go down and check out and in, but hopefully not move rooms.

Did you book through MS or cash through the Disney site? If MS, it should be easy to link them.

If cash through Disney, then you have to ask each to have them list “traveling with” and the reservation number and that it is a continuous reservation,

When you check in, remind the front desk so that they know. You may have to go down and check out and in, but hopefully not move rooms.

Thanks, I booked the cash reservation through the Disney website

Then you need to make sure that each reservation has the connecting information and reservation number on it.

Because it is through Disney, it can not be linked. So it will be important when you check in to remind them that you have a cash reservation after thr DVC one so that they can keep you in the same room.

It’s not a guarantee, but they will do their best to ensure you can, as I am assuming you have the same room type booked.

It helps, too, if the lead guest is the same (and written the same way) on both reservations. You will have to check out and check back in for the last night.

It helps, too, if the lead guest is the same (and written the same way) on both reservations. You will have to check out and check back in for the last night.

That's what im trying to avoid. I don't want to check out and check back in for the last night. I want to keep my luggage in the same room and not take it to bell services

That's what im trying to avoid. I don't want to check out and check back in for the last night. I want to keep my luggage in the same room and not take it to bell services
But since you booked through two different sources, you cannot link them and must check out and check in again. That's how it works. If you are blocked into the same villa, you won't have to remove your stuff. But you will have to go to the front desk. If you had booked that cash night through MS, they may have been able to link the two reservations.

You will know at check in if they were able to keep you in the same room. So, you will know if you have to pack up and move., but doesn’t change the process of having to check out/in as they are not the same reservation.

As already said you booked through two different sources so the only aspect you can do is ask at check in if you can be kept in the same room and follow the process that the resort has in place for DVC and cash reservations that continue.

Have you called MS to see if you can book through them for cash? If so, then it would be better as things would be linked together.

You will have to go to the front desk even if you keep the same room. We always have magic band issues when we switch reservations.

I think a key word is "Continuing stay." See if one or both reservations can be updated to indicate "Continuing stay" with the reservation numbers.

I've done this a number of times joining DVC points on either end of an RCI reservation. I don't think we've ever had to change rooms but it has messed up our full housekeeping visit.

why not just call MS and see if they can still get you a room for the 6th night, link to your other 5. Then cancel your booked room already.

I've done it the same way when there has been a really good AP discount. I have never had to move or pack up my stuff. The checkin/out is just a technicality. You don't have to pack up. I always know there is a slight chance I may have to move but so far I haven't and I have done it four or five times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter