Considering first split stay ... help me choose which resorts!

txdisneymama

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling in June with my 3 grade-school aged kids. Last June we did GF CL (first time CL) and had a blast. I definitely want to do club level again! I like the idea of switching up resorts because I feel like the resort is part of the experience, and it's fun to see different things. Hence the reason I'm considering a split stay for our 8 night trip. I like the idea of seeing two different properties.

My idea is to do one MK resort and one EPCOT resort. 4 nights at each. We've never done an EPCOT resort and we do like going to EPCOT and DHS, so I think it would be fun to be in close access to those. I also LOVE having close/monorail access to MK.

My MK choices for this trip would be Poly or Contemporary. CR would be Garden Wing, based on what's available. I've only stayed in the Tower, so I don't have a good grasp on how much farther the walk is from the GW. My kids can get whiny about walking at the end of a long day, and I look to minimize the whining. But I have experienced and heard many bad stories about the monorail, so it's kind of a toss up on what is easier (walking to CR GW, or potentially broken monorail to Poly.)

My EPCOT choices are Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk. Having never stayed there, I don't really understand the walking abilities to DHS and EPCOT.

At the end of the day, I'm looking for the easiest park access. Our last trip in June 2017 was our longest (8 nights) and we liked the low pressure of a longer trip and being able to hop over to the parks for a few hours and come back to the hotel to rest. (We stayed at GF.) For some reason the to/from the parks is what wears me down. I know there's no avoiding it altogether, but any minimizing would be great!

I will be traveling in June with my 3 grade-school aged kids. Last June we did GF CL (first time CL) and had a blast. I definitely want to do club level again! I like the idea of switching up resorts because I feel like the resort is part of the experience, and it's fun to see different things. Hence the reason I'm considering a split stay for our 8 night trip. I like the idea of seeing two different properties.

My idea is to do one MK resort and one EPCOT resort. 4 nights at each. We've never done an EPCOT resort and we do like going to EPCOT and DHS, so I think it would be fun to be in close access to those. I also LOVE having close/monorail access to MK.

My MK choices for this trip would be Poly or Contemporary. CR would be Garden Wing, based on what's available. I've only stayed in the Tower, so I don't have a good grasp on how much farther the walk is from the GW. My kids can get whiny about walking at the end of a long day, and I look to minimize the whining. But I have experienced and heard many bad stories about the monorail, so it's kind of a toss up on what is easier (walking to CR GW, or potentially broken monorail to Poly.)

My EPCOT choices are Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk. Having never stayed there, I don't really understand the walking abilities to DHS and EPCOT.

At the end of the day, I'm looking for the easiest park access. Our last trip in June 2017 was our longest (8 nights) and we liked the low pressure of a longer trip and being able to hop over to the parks for a few hours and come back to the hotel to rest. (We stayed at GF.) For some reason the to/from the parks is what wears me down. I know there's no avoiding it altogether, but any minimizing would be great!

We are doing almost the same split this summer! We are doing 4 nights BWI and 5 nights Poly CL.

We have stayed at all of your choices except YC. The Epcot resorts are great and you can walk to Epcot from all 3. The closest 2 are BC and BWI. The closest to HS is BWI but we never walked. It's just too far for us Lol! Both resorts are fun and we like both pools, but lots of folks really like SAB at BC. I guess it depends on your kid's interests. We could happily stay at either and always pick based on price.

Between Poly and Contemporary, I would go with Poly. While I liked the Contemporary, I found the garden wing a long haul at the end of the day and we were at the very end. The room was nice though. Poly is my favorite and just gorgeous. The pool is great and the view of the fireworks from the pool is awesome and relaxing. I am happy to answer any specifics!

I actually love CR GW because of your ability to walk right to the rooms! The elevators in the CR Tower are terrible in my opinion. They get so congested, particularly when the monorail drops off. I love being able to walk right over to the GW and get to your room. It's not a long walk at all, IMHO.

In the EP area, I would do BC or BWI, depending on which is cheaper. YC is a bit staid, IMHO, and doesn't really offer a proximity advantage to the parks like BC and BWI do. EP is, basically, right next to EP. It's easy peasy. You can also walk (though it's a long walk) or take a boat to DHS. The walk from BWI to EP is also quite quick (5 minutes tops) and BWI is closer to the DHS path (though the walk is still a bit lengthy - perhaps 15 minutes). We enjoy the walk from BWI, but if we want to take the boat, we typically walk to the Swan/Dolphin boat dock as DHS will be the next stop if you embark there.

We are doing a CR/BC split stay this July. CR Tower Club And BC Deluxe Room CL. Last trip we did GF. We have stayed at BC before and can't wait to return. The pool is epic! Our kids LOVE it. I'd vote for BC. I've stayed at all the Epcot resorts and BC is my favorite.

I don't care for Poly for several reasons but if it resonates with you, probably a better choice than the CR Garden Wing (which I have also done and don't love, mostly because there are no balconies.)

I'd stay at Poly over CR. I've stayed there twice and GF once, and there was never an issue with the monorail being down during any of those stays (only had that issue once when visiting CR but staying at BC).

Of the Boardwalk area hotels, I'd stay at YC for access to SAB, for more availability of full balconies and for its location. While BC is closest to Epcot, YC is only a few more minutes walk (I've stayed at both)...and the stop (at the lighthouse) for the boat to the Studios is just across from YC's lobby. YC is just neatly situated between Epcot and the Studios, IMO. But be aware that the newly renovated room aren't carpeted and many have showers only instead of tubs (all of which may be a plus or minus depending on your family's preferences). My kids stayed at YC during their first trip at ages 7 and 8 and loved loved loved it, so it's special too me.

I love split stays! I hope you have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter