Considering Riptide

rbthntschl

Mouseketeer
So the lovely EDCCFO talked me into considering going to Riptide, which I've never done. Do they run the resort buses there during and after or am I on my own in my own car? I'm assuming the ticket does not include drinks so I'm wondering if it's worth the money? I can go to the water parks for a little more than half that with my AP discount. Anything else a newbie should know?

Riptide is a must for WDW Gay Days...you have everything from twinks & muscle guys to bears. Everyone is there to have a good time and always friendly. Great way to explore the park with little to no wait time all while enjoying a cocktail (or two) meeting new people and dancing the night away. I think you might be able to catch a bus there (can't confirm as I've always taken taxi / Uber) but you will def need to taxi / Uber it home....

My dear Jonathanju,

Thank you for the information.

I did it. I just bought my Riptide ticket. </voice imitation Bugs Bunny> I'll probably hate myself in da morning. </end voice>

My dear Jonathanju,

I did it. I just bought my Riptide ticket. </voice imitation Bugs Bunny> I'll probably hate myself in da morning. </end voice>
Awesome! We will need to plan on meeting up....will you be at DAK Thursday? Or DHS on Friday?

Yes and yes. I am always in the park of the day for Gay Days. This is the first time I'll be going to Riptide. I've usually avoided the parties in favor of being in the parks. Meeting up will be nice. Most of the people I usually hang with are not going this year so I'll be by myself a lot.

My dear Jonathanju,

Way to go, Bob! We are planning to attend Riptide for the first time ever this year. You are more than welcome to hang out with our group. I think you will discover that we are a very diverse group of all ages and all sizes. (Shhh! Don't let the secret out, but I think that our group may be all gay or bi, though...LOL!!!)

Awesome! We will need to plan on meeting up....will you be at DAK Thursday? Or DHS on Friday?
OK, I can't resist. This is just another great way to plug Dano's monorail crawl on Wednesday night. I think that even if you just drink water, you will still have a really fun time meeting new friends from all over the place right at the beginning of several of the best days of the entire year! (Uh, yes...we do prefer something mixed in with our water...LOL!)

My dear FarCityGuy,

I would greatly appreciate that. I don't mind saying I was concerned I'd be by myself (which I've been doing a lot on my Disney trips lately).

P.S. Your secret is safe with me.

OK, I can't resist. This is just another great way to plug Dano's monorail crawl on Wednesday night. I think that even if you just drink water, you will still have a really fun time meeting new friends from all over the place right at the beginning of several of the best days of the entire year! (Uh, yes...we do prefer something mixed in with our water...LOL!)

Should we plan on any ADR's to go with the Crawl or do we have a time frame for start and finish to block off the time yet? Thanks!!

Yes and yes. I am always in the park of the day for Gay Days. This is the first time I'll be going to Riptide. I've usually avoided the parties in favor of being in the parks. Meeting up will be nice. Most of the people I usually hang with are not going this year so I'll be by myself a lot.

Sounds good! Where are you staying? Would be nice to meet up with everyone prior to Riptide (doesn't look like we will be able to make in on Wednesday for the monorail crawl)

Should we plan on any ADR's to go with the Crawl or do we have a time frame for start and finish to block off the time yet? Thanks!!
Hmm. This is a good question for dano. I don't know if we had any advance reservations for any of the stops on the crawl last year, or not.

I know the lounges have small plate items available and there is always the quick service locations at each resort. I'm eating at Contempo Café at the Contemporary before the crawl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!