Considering Self Terming

In your case, Empress, I would try to stick it out. Leaving because you got another job opportunity seems to me to be one thing, but leaving because you can't handle it might look bad in the future. If you couldn't deal with working at Disney for 6 months, what's to say you won't back out of my job offer, etc.

What is the problem? Maybe you can do something to make the internship better for you between now and the end of your program?

i had to self term 2 weeks early in spring 2008 bc i was offered another internship. i went to the housing front desk and told them i had to leave early bc of a emergency. they gave me a number to call. i called the number and it took 1 minute to set up the self term. it never affected my rehire status. i was able to do 2 more programs after that. if you have to leave early never just leave without telling the program office. make sure you call and tell them its a emergency.

I am considering self-terminating too. This internship has been one of the worst experiences and I don't think I can handle completing it. Thoughts?

I think that depends on how long you've been there, what was your arrival date? If you have terrible roommates, you can request to move and pay the $50 fee and switch rooms to hopefully get better people, or at least away from the ones that upset you. If it's the working hours, talk to your manager, I've heard a lot of stories with managers working with CPs to decrease their hours or give them less closing shifts so they can better deal with the internship and not have to leave.

If it's homesickness, that's a bit more tricky. I think if it's that aspect, sticking it out is an important part of growing and developing. In the end, the internship really isn't for everyone, but if you're wanting the Disney name on your resume in the future, it's important to stick it out and finish. If you're just on the spring program and not spring advantage, you probably have 2 months left to go. Is there anything that could be done to help you stick in there for the next 7-8 weeks?

What specifically about it is a terrible experience? Maybe some of us can offer some comfort or insight, or help come up with solutions for you so you can stick it out.

I just recently got seperated from the Company after being seasonal for 3 years. The new requirements were impossible for me to meet on top of school and my job so this was going to be my last year until I can move down to FL.

The thing is I thought I had put in my time for the next period, but I didn't and am now seperated. Does anyone know what kind of restriction I am now under with the Company. Also, how does that work when I list Disney on my resume and they call?

In my opinion, if you really have no desire long-term to work for Disney, then take your opportunity. Even if you do have a long-term goal, it wouldn't be a bad thing to go out and get a lot of experience and look at returning down the line.

If you leave before your expected time, you will be given a "no" or "restricted" rehire status.....
...what if you leave for another position at WDW? My DS is in the middle of his DCP; he is trying to get placed at one of the resort restaurants [with the help of his leader]. Because it is a server position [DCP candidates cannot work as servers] he will no longer be able to stay at his dorm. Is that the same thing?

...maybe a little off-topic, but I was curious: when do you lose the title "Earning My Ears" ?

...maybe a little off-topic, but I was curious: when do you lose the title "Earning My Ears" ?

You earn your ears once you have completed your initial training as a cast member. It's essentially the moment you are allowed out on-stage without having a trainer nearby to monitor you.

You earn your ears once you have completed your initial training as a cast member. It's essentially the moment you are allowed out on-stage without having a trainer nearby to monitor you.
....:scratchin...that makes sense...

...what if you leave for another position at WDW? My DS is in the middle of his DCP; he is trying to get placed at one of the resort restaurants [with the help of his leader]. Because it is a server position [DCP candidates cannot work as servers] he will no longer be able to stay at his dorm. Is that the same thing?

I don't fully understand how this would work in the middle of a program. Is he applying for a PT/FT bid as a server when his program is done? I have never heard of anyone switching from being a Program participant to being a PT/FT Cast Member in the middle of their program.

If he's trying to be placed PT/FT as a server after his program is complete, nothing on his rehire status will be affected. It's considered a "promotion" when a DCP student finishes their Program and immediately goes to work PT/FT at the Resort.

I don't fully understand how this would work in the middle of a program. Is he applying for a PT/FT bid as a server when his program is done? I have never heard of anyone switching from being a Program participant to being a PT/FT Cast Member in the middle of their program.

If he's trying to be placed PT/FT as a server after his program is complete, nothing on his rehire status will be affected. It's considered a "promotion" when a DCP student finishes their Program and immediately goes to work PT/FT at the Resort.
....hmmm :scratchin....maybe I misunderstood my DS - I was under the impression that it was during the middle of DCP, but obviously I am more than likely incorrect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!