• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

considering the free dining and maybe stay at CSR?

happymommy

DIS Veteran
I'm considering an extra trip to WDW this August for the "free dining". It is so cheap - me and DS9, DD7. With airfare from BWI (I never considered using WDW for this but it was so cheap from Airtran with them) it's about $2000 for 10 days, maybe a bit more for moderate (the quote was value, which we've never done, but will consider since DH won't come). Plus, that was with food, park hopper tix, airfare, hotel, basically most everything.

My question is, I noticed CSR has a sit down restaurant, and that Pepper Market place. In Pepper Market, some of the items are pricey, like the steak and (what I would get) tuna. Are they included it a counter service meal? It seems like a lot of money, $15-$18. Anyone who's had experience with this - I'd love to hear! I would consider staying here maybe, although for moderate, POFQ looks good also, to walk to DTD. Like I said, we've never done anything but deluxes (I prefer inside corridors, and private balconies). Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I understand everything in Pepper Market is allowed on the DDP as a CS meal. The one exception is the dessert,I think they only allow a cookie or a muffin.

You would love CSR, it is a gorgeous resort.

Maybe a few people with recent CS experience at PM will reply here for you.

I don't think you can walk from POFQ to DTD but pofq is a wonderful place to stay! Nice and small and quiet! and the BEIGNETS! MMMM. (snack credit!)

tricia.

I would first like to suggest that if you're considering the free dining promo, you should make the ressie asap. From what I've read on another thread, CSR is sold out for a majority of the time during the promo. That does change often, but I wouldn't wait much longer.

Also, the moderate is almost exactly twice the amount as a value. We've compared prices for my cousin and everytime we checked, be it a special promo, rack rates, or AP rates, the cost was almost exactly twice as much, so not just a little bit more.

The pepper market does accept the MYW+FD. I've read that it is the best use of a CS in all of WDW. Never been there, but sounds wonderful.

Hope that helps, hope you get to go :thumbsup2

Yes, it is true! Pepper Market is a counter service restaurant, and steak is on the menu! I had it. It was not TS quality, but pretty darn close. The fajitas are apparently also awsome. The portions are huge. They do charge a tip, but it is included in the DP. Any non-alcoholic drink is included, including the pina colada or strawberry smoothies. They are limited on the dessert you can have, though. It is a jumbo cookie or muffin only. We ate there once, and then once had one asian meal to go and split it and there was plenty. Just keep in mind that it is counter service. You are greeted by a hostess, who gives you a card you take from station to station and get stamped as you order. You have to wait for your food, and you have to carry it to your table on a tray. You may or may not have to get your own drinks and refills. This is an issue for those paying oop for a tip; not so on a DP. (By the way, if you don't get service and are paying oop, you can get a manager to take the tip off.) For a CS, it is one of the best at WDW, and one of the more expensive, but you get real bang for your buck on the dining plan! :goodvibes

Thanks all! I'm looking into it soon - if CSR is that much more, maybe we'll just visit to walk around and have lunch - I love visiting other resorts!

The Pepper Market sounds fun.

hockeybabe said:
Yes, it is true! Pepper Market is a counter service restaurant, and steak is on the menu! I had it. It was not TS quality, but pretty darn close. The fajitas are apparently also awsome. The portions are huge. They do charge a tip, but it is included in the DP. Any non-alcoholic drink is included, including the pina colada or strawberry smoothies. They are limited on the dessert you can have, though. It is a jumbo cookie or muffin only. We ate there once, and then once had one asian meal to go and split it and there was plenty. Just keep in mind that it is counter service. You are greeted by a hostess, who gives you a card you take from station to station and get stamped as you order. You have to wait for your food, and you have to carry it to your table on a tray. You may or may not have to get your own drinks and refills. This is an issue for those paying oop for a tip; not so on a DP. (By the way, if you don't get service and are paying oop, you can get a manager to take the tip off.) For a CS, it is one of the best at WDW, and one of the more expensive, but you get real bang for your buck on the dining plan! :goodvibes

Thanks for that info! I'm looking forward to trying it.

Even though they're not on the ddp, I'm especially looking forward to trying the 'fresh fruit' strawberry margheritas... ;) Maybe I'll have one by the pool so I can still get a smoothie at PM! This trip is going to ROCK! :)

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter