Which QS do you like better?

• Captain Cook's

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Contempo Cafe

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
I'll be joining my sister and her family for a couple of days during their trip this August. I'm not getting a park ticket for my arrival day, but they're planning to go to Epcot for the day. Since I'll be on my own for the afternoon, I'm looking for a good QS place to get lunch when I arrive. We're staying at Bay Lake Tower which is a new experience for me and I like the idea of exploring what's around that area. I'm thinking either Contempo Cafe or Captain Cook's, neither of which I've tried before. I also considered Gasparilla but we're going to Grand Floridian Cafe the next day so I don't need to visit the GF twice in a row. Which are your favorites for food - Contempo Cafe or Captain Cook's?

I prefer Contempo Cafe. The menu changes from time to time, but I like some of their sandwiches.

The Aloha pulled pork sandwich at Captain Cook’s is my favorite sandwich anywhere, Disney or not. My husband and I both love it so much we’ll drive out of our way to get one if we travel anywhere within a few hours of Disney. Contempo Cafe is good as well, and I do like their CM’s and dining room set up A LOT better. There’s nothing on the menu at Contempo Cafe I’d drive a couple hours for, but I’ve also never been disappointed in anything I’ve tried. Can’t go wrong with either!

Both spots are excellent for QS. I agree the Aloha pulled pork is an excellent sandwich, and we are headed there on our next trip to get it. Further, after the pork sandwich , you can get a Dole Whip at the Poly. Also, at Contempo, the Hot Turkey sandwich is very good. Gasparilla Grill at GF is also a good spot for sandwiches.

Go to both! Contempo Café has a good Seared Chicken dinner that I enjoyed 2 or 3 times last Dec! I have my eye on the grilled salmon bowl and grilled shrimp bowl on the lunch menu for an upcoming trip. I may have to try both. They had just taken all salmon off the menu before I was there in Dec, so I want to try that. And blackened shrimp----YES please! Capt. Cook's Aloha Pork sandwich is good. And I really like the Chicken and Pineapple Skewers on the kids menu. I order 2 of them, as they are not very filling, but good.

I would go to the Poly and Capt Cooks. I would also get a Dole Whip from Pineapple Lanai and sit on the beach.
I would also go upstairs to the lounge and get bread pudding because it is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my life

While both are very good QS options, I'd cast my vote for Contempo Cafe. Their menu has a broad selection to choose from, and I love the experience there. It's so much fun to watch the monorail fly through the hotel as you sit and eat your meal. Quintessential Disney.

It's hard to beat the coconut meatballs at Captain Cooks for a qs lunch option. Everyone has different tastes, but I don't think Contempo Cafe is in the same league as Captain Cooks. IMO. YMMV.

The nachos at Capt'n Cook's are ridiculous. Best nachos of my life. Peanut Butter Pie at Contempo Cafe is one of my favorite desserts on the planet. You can't go wrong with either option.

If you're staying at Bay Lake, I'm assuming you'll have other opportunities to eat at Contempo Cafe. Maybe when you're on your own and have more time, it would be nice to venture to the Poly.

Capt. Cook’s is my favorite resort QS. Love the nachos.

Contempo is good too, but I really love Capt. Cook’s menu.

Captain Cooks is the best QS in Disney as far as I am concerned, but Contempo is good. Contempo’s dessert/treat options are really good. If I was staying at contemporary and wanted to spend time at all the monorail resorts, since you are going to GF, I say go over and get the coconut meatballs at Captain Cooks and get some treats at Contempo upon return. Best of both worlds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter