Contemporary resort bus stop WC question

Ninjagrrl

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
We are headed to WDW in about a month. Due to resort closures, we were moved to the Contemporary from our normal stay at AKL.
I know at most resorts, there's a specific wheelchair loading spot marked on the ground, but looking at photos, the Contemporary has one big bus stop, with no WC markings.
Anyone know how that works? It's my 5 year old in the WC, and I'm concerned about rope drop for HS especially.
Thanks!

I have stayed at Bay Lake (so Contemporary) since 2016 or 2017 (can't remember which year exactly). I am almost positive that there was a wheelchair spot painted on the ground. I will warn you though, that is the resort where we had the worst bus service by far. Way too many people waiting for buses out early and not nearly enough buses. There was always a transportation coordinator out there to try to keep track of all the people coming and keep some order, but it was still a cluster. The one morning took 3 buses to clear the mob (and it was a mob mentality - scary)for the Animal Kingdom and in the mess the bus coordinator forgot we were there with a scooter and to tell the driver she had a handicap person. we got an extra fastpass given to us for that when I went over after the bus was pretty full and asked if we would be the next bus and she looked at me and said she totally forgot we were there. Between the tiny studios at Bay lake and the terrible bus service we experienced there, we have crossed that resort off our list for the future.

I have stayed at Bay Lake (so Contemporary) since 2016 or 2017 (can't remember which year exactly). I am almost positive that there was a wheelchair spot painted on the ground. I will warn you though, that is the resort where we had the worst bus service by far. Way too many people waiting for buses out early and not nearly enough buses. There was always a transportation coordinator out there to try to keep track of all the people coming and keep some order, but it was still a cluster. The one morning took 3 buses to clear the mob (and it was a mob mentality - scary)for the Animal Kingdom and in the mess the bus coordinator forgot we were there with a scooter and to tell the driver she had a handicap person. we got an extra fastpass given to us for that when I went over after the bus was pretty full and asked if we would be the next bus and she looked at me and said she totally forgot we were there. Between the tiny studios at Bay lake and the terrible bus service we experienced there, we have crossed that resort off our list for the future.
It does look like a free for all, which is why I'm concerned. Contemporary wasn't my first choice, but we are trying to make the best of it. At least we're getting a theme park view.
I really don't want to pay for an accessible taxi.

It does look like a free for all, which is why I'm concerned. Contemporary wasn't my first choice, but we are trying to make the best of it. At least we're getting a theme park view.
I really don't want to pay for an accessible taxi.

Just be out there early. Make sure you find the transportation captain to remind them you have a wheelchair and that there are X people in your party. People tell me my experience was abnormal, but it was like that the whole 10-12 days were there, so thinking it was normal. I prefer bus stops that are split out by the various parks as it keeps things more organized overall. From the CR experience, we had a bus pull up in the second spot so all the people who arrived last were the first ones on the bus since it stopped right next to them. Just a mess and way to many angry and shouting people. Just stay calm and be super nice to the transportation coordinator and make sure they do not forget you are there.

I did a split stay last month with Contemporary and Riviera and didn't have any issues with buses but I did prefer that Rivera had designated spots for each bus. Contemporary was just a free for all so you never knew who was going to each park.

I did a split stay last month with Contemporary and Riviera and didn't have any issues with buses but I did prefer that Rivera had designated spots for each bus. Contemporary was just a free for all so you never knew who was going to each park.

I prefer stops with the separation too. And I really like at the values or the parks that they have up queue chains, so people get on the bus in the order of arrival. I have seen people sitting off to the side waiting and someone who strolls up as the bus arrives is the first on the bus instead of those who had been waiting. That was part of what made the Contemporary situation so bad as there were people shouting about people getting on who arrived long after people who had been there before. It seriously was just bad on that trip.

I stayed at Bay Lake in August of this year and do remember a marked off wheelchair section in the CR boarding area. Several chairs were loaded during my one week stay. I was impressed with the bus system. The one day I couldn't get on a bus, a second bus was only a couple of minutes behind. I'm aware that crowds are higher now but I've used the bus system for years and this was about the easiest and most efficient I've ever found it to be. Have a wonderful trip.

We just returned yesterday from a stay at BLT YES there are WC marking at the bus stop and in the morning times, there is personnel there who manage the lines and direct visitors to the proper lines to get them to the parks of their choice.

We were also surprised that the monorail stop at Poly is functional as well contrary to other postings on this site.

Disney was also running a resort monorail(that's what they called it) bus for loops between Contemporary/Poly/MK/TTC/GF the same stops covered by the resort monorail line.

But there is NO monorail service to Epcot.

We did rope drop at MK let me say they are different now then the rope drops we attended pre-covid.

Depending on your group, at least you can bypass the bus system entirely for Magic Kingdom.
One of the best things about staying at the Contemporary for us was that I just pushed my wheelchair party to the park since it's not that long of a walk. We could enjoy the fireworks at night and stroll around the park without worrying about rushing to the bus station to beat the crowds and long lines.

Depending on your group, at least you can bypass the bus system entirely for Magic Kingdom.
One of the best things about staying at the Contemporary for us was that I just pushed my wheelchair party to the park since it's not that long of a walk. We could enjoy the fireworks at night and stroll around the park without worrying about rushing to the bus station to beat the crowds and long lines.
I'm most concerned with HS.

Plus, you can walk from CR/BLT to the big MK bus stop and use it as a hub to *everywhere* on property, including other Resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts