Contemporary Resort Question

biancamouse

Earning My Ears
We've decided to go ahead and take DS (age 10) to Disneyworld THIS WEEK! We're just gonna bite the bullet. We are a little apprehensive because this will be our first time to take him there while on the vent, but we have to stop being chicken at some point. We decided to stay at the Contemporary and I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me. The cheapest room they had was a Tower Room facing Bay Lake. How spacious are the rooms and will be able to see the Electric Light Parade from the room? Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

The rooms at the CR are very large, we 4 (including DD10's wheelchair) had no problem with space. What we did to accomodate things more easily, and to improve access to the balcony was to move the table that is usually in front of the daybed to the side of one of the queen beds between the bed and the window, it was wasted space anyhow and improved the "flow" in the room for us.
you can see a diagram of the room layout here:
http://www.kingdommagictravel.com/disneyworld/resorts/contemporary.htm
and be able to see what I mean, there's a lingk for a virtual 360 degree view of the room too, so you can get a better idea of the room.
I imagine you should be able to see the electric water parade from the room but can's say for sure, we had a MK view.
We loved the convenience of CR and would love to go back there to say someday (but due to the cost will probably just go to look--- it was DD10s wish trip she had granted)

Last March, half our group faced the MK, the other Bay Lake. The Bay Lake delegation reported seeing and hearing EWP. You may want to ask that this request be included upon your room reservation record. Upon check-in, politely ask again for the reasons you described here and keep your fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter