Conundrum

Mrsjvb

DIS Veteran
I was all set to book our RPR stay for September when the bright flashy banner warning about the refurb caught my eye.

second choice is HRC. but TBH, the dining options there don't thrill me. by the same token, the dining at RPR looks to be curtailed as well.

staying Club level. all other things being equal, is it Worth the extra $40 a night to stay at Hard rock?

theming is of minor importance to us.

we like a sit down breakfast in the morning( prefer not a buffet) and a leisurely meal for dinner..we love to eat at the bar. we have been known to make a meal out of the evening appetizers.

is there any indication as to how bad/extensive the refurb will be? saving the $40 a night will pay for parking, but I am not sure I want to be surrounded by dust and scaffolding especially if there is nowhere to have a nice meal without going to Citywalk or using the service to go elsewhere.

Jake`s Bar, Islands Restaurant and Bula Bar will still be open during the refurb.....it`s only Orchids Sushi Bar that won`t be an option for a while.

To be sure I was disappointed to see that refurb banner too for our April/May trip being its our first time staying at RPH. But it’s the last remaining deluxe for us to stay at. We’ve stayed at HRH, and our last stay was at the lovely PBH. So had my heart set on RPH and will stay with that.
I wasn’t planning on eatting at The Orchids Sushi anyway. We have so many really great sushi places at home. I do plan on trying Jakes and Bula. And probably walking over to Sapphire Falls to try some of their offerings too.
So aside from missing that wow of walking into RPH lobby because of construction I think it will be ok.

Can I ask where you saw a banner warning you about a refurb? I ended up booking my stay at RPR through my favourite hotel booking site, but I looked at booking on both the UniversalOrlando site and Undercover Tourist, and there was no such info on any of those 3 sites. So now I find myself wondering if I've made a mistake by booking RPR? We plan to be there Aug 18-22 2019. For those dates, it is by far the cheapest hotel that will give us EP - it's $247/night at RPR vs $319/night at PBH (+ tax). If anyone could fill me in on the details of this refurb, I'd really appreciate that!

Can I ask where you saw a banner warning you about a refurb? I ended up booking my stay at RPR through my favourite hotel booking site, but I looked at booking on both the UniversalOrlando site and Undercover Tourist, and there was no such info on any of those 3 sites. So now I find myself wondering if I've made a mistake by booking RPR? We plan to be there Aug 18-22 2019. For those dates, it is by far the cheapest hotel that will give us EP - it's $247/night at RPR vs $319/night at PBH (+ tax). If anyone could fill me in on the details of this refurb, I'd really appreciate that!

It was on my reservation:

"Please be aware portions of our lobby will undergo renovations from March through October to better serve our guests. During this time, all services and amenities will continue to be available to guests. Should you have any questions, please contact the Reservations team at 888-823-4466. Thank you for your understanding as we make enhancements and upgrades to our lobby experience."

As said in other thread, not too worried about it.

Last edited:

It will start Mid March and ongoing till October.

It’s an extensive refurb, mainly done in two parts........check in desk I believe is staying in the same position due to logistics of computers and such, but the work won’t affect your stay at all.

It’s going to be marvellous from what we were told last year......we can’t wait to see it finished. We’re there for a month in September and not in the least worried about it.

But, I can understand your concerns.

When I made my reservation about 3 weeks ago for September of this year, the customer service person I spoke with made it clear about the refurb of the lobby area. I told him it didn’t matter to us, we were going to HP until we dropped so the lobby was no concern of ours. . We will be submersed in the parks. I also called back to make a building request about 2 weeks later and once again, they made sure I was aware of the refurb ofnthe lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!